Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > XM VS Sirius
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jtmcclure

XM VS Sirius

I am trying to decide if I want sirius or xm satallite radio both seem to have about the same amount of channels any one have any suggestions.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-19-2006 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jtmcclure Click here to Send jtmcclure a Private Message Find more posts by jtmcclure Add jtmcclure to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbradley

XM vs. Sirius

I think that they're both about the same my wife has XM in her G6 and I have Sirius in my car. Hers sounded a bit better bc hers is built into her radio. Mine uses the FM transmitter for now. XM has MLB, I think Sirius has NFL (I'm not much of a sports fan) Realisticly they both just give you 100+ more channels to surf through and have a bitch of a time finding what you want. Awesome on long trips. BTW Sirius has Howard Stern if you're into that.

New Post 03-27-2006 09:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bbradley Click here to Send bbradley a Private Message Find more posts by bbradley Add bbradley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Towlie

I have XM and my friend has Sirius and XM. He loves both, however, XM has over 4 million subscribers and sirius is barely to 1 million. Think of the difference of quality of programming of 4 times the revenue to one. Therefore you get better programing. XM has better Rap, Sirius better rock, tell me what kind of music you like and i'll let you know which is better. Also, XM has exclusive MLB, Future exclusive hockey and football if memory serves correct. They also have nascar and a million other sports... but let me know what type of programming you like and ill tell you which is better cause im tired of typing. Peace.

New Post 04-16-2006 06:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Towlie Click here to Send Towlie a Private Message Find more posts by Towlie Add Towlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigbubbagumper6

OK a few things

1. You can't say XM is better just because it has more subscribers, it has been around longer!
2. Nascar is moving to sirius
3. Sirius is about to have almost all the major sports, exclusively.

I have never expierenced XM but I have used Sirius and just looking at their stats it seems Sirius is winning....

New Post 04-18-2006 10:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigbubbagumper6 Click here to Send bigbubbagumper6 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbubbagumper6 Add bigbubbagumper6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
teamz1audio

i think XM is more music oriented and SIRIUS is more of a sports minded station we listen to XM

New Post 04-18-2006 02:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for teamz1audio Click here to Send teamz1audio a Private Message Find more posts by teamz1audio Add teamz1audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Towlie

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-18-2006 by bigbubbagumper6
OK a few things

1. You can't say XM is better just because it has more subscribers, it has been around longer!
2. Nascar is moving to sirius
3. Sirius is about to have almost all the major sports, exclusively.

I have never expierenced XM but I have used Sirius and just looking at their stats it seems Sirius is winning....

Yes I can, because XM has 4x the subscribers of Sirius, they have 4x the budget, which makes for better programming. Also, XM has free online satelite radio so you can listen anywhere theres internet. But whatever he decides to get, im sure he'll love it and never go back to regular radio again.

New Post 05-23-2006 08:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Towlie Click here to Send Towlie a Private Message Find more posts by Towlie Add Towlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mwhals

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-23-2006 by Towlie
Yes I can, because XM has 4x the subscribers of Sirius, they have 4x the budget, which makes for better programming. Also, XM has free online satelite radio so you can listen anywhere theres internet. But whatever he decides to get, im sure he'll love it and never go back to regular radio again.

Sirius also has free online satelite radio with their subscriptions. Also, more subscribers doesn't mean that the company management makes the best decisions as to what stations to provide.

New Post 06-07-2006 09:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mwhals Click here to Send mwhals a Private Message Find more posts by mwhals Add mwhals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Towlie

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-07-2006 by mwhals
Sirius also has free online satelite radio with their subscriptions. Also, more subscribers doesn't mean that the company management makes the best decisions as to what stations to provide.

true, but it goes to show you how many more people choose XM cause they think its better. And with a company that lured in 4x the subscribers, i don't think there's bad management, and for the rap and rock i listen to, Sirius can't touch XM...

New Post 06-08-2006 10:54 AM
Towlie

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-19-2006 by JJSki78
XM only has more subscribers because they had over a year head start on Sirius. Sirius music channels are completely commercial free, XM is starting to run commercials on their music channels. Yes, Sirius has free online streams for subscribers. Sirius has pretty much every sport except MLB, and I'm sure once XMs contract is up, Sirius will have them too. And as for sound quality, XM doesn't compare. They've been too busy adding useless content and not adding bandwidth. Therefore the sound has gone down the crapper. And XM likes to play too many unknown bands, while I have found Sirius mixes it up a lot better. Another reason XM may have more subscribers is probably because people are cheap. It's 3 bucks less per month than Sirius. But as far as I'm concerned, Sirius>XM any day.

XM never runs commercials on music channels. that is completely wrong. They do on other channels though. I switched to sirius since my xm attena went bad and i got a good deal on one for my pioneer headunit. Anyways, sirius is much better music with less unknowns like XM, and more good music instead of subpar unknowns. I do miss XM's rap though. And by the way, XM costs the same as sirius.

New Post 08-19-2006 08:38 PM
Towlie

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-28-2006 by PowerAcoustikman
^^haha your an idiot... Sirius won't be around long trust me. XM will buy them out, just like they already got half of them. XM has much better music stations. Did I also forget to add NBA is switching to XM as well now, according to a press conference with David Stern. NFL will soon follow after this season.

XM is losing its lead to sirius, less people are signing up for sirius than XM now, so you're retarded. and i could care less about sports, i like howard stern and opie and anthony are to arrogant. by the way talk is much better than xm's.

New Post 08-29-2006 12:25 AM
Towlie

I actually have a better signal strength with my sirius in my region (mid michigan) but i also installed the anttenna on my roof instead of my trunk this time. so that could cause difference too. but anyways its preference. i prefer sirius, and im done because arguing on the internet is like being in the specail olympics, if you win or lose, you're still retarded in the end.

New Post 08-29-2006 09:23 AM
bbradley

Sirius has good backing as well. Like Dish Network, Chrysler, BMW, Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan and Land Rover. Also Rolls-Royce produtcs in the US come with Sirius equipped radios (and a lifetime subscription.) As for commercials I listened to my Sirius on a trip to New York (8hrs.) I think I may have only heard 6 Station Identification Pauses and no commercials. Keep in mind I listened to the same channel the entire way. True, XM does have more listeners but Sirius is signing on new subscribers at a much higher rate than XM. IMHO I like Sirius better than XM because they play more of the music I like. Also they have Howard Stern and Bubba The Love Sponge, some people don't like their humor, but I do. This is the same debate as Ford vs. Chevy, Honda vs. Mitsubishi, Democrat vs. Republican, Kicker vs. Fosgate, etc.

New Post 08-29-2006 09:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bbradley Click here to Send bbradley a Private Message Find more posts by bbradley Add bbradley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bgto45567

i guess no one has looked at this in a while but has anyone noticed that sirius happens to have a few more customers than xm now? Like a lot more. A few million more i think.

New Post 09-25-2006 11:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bgto45567 Click here to Send bgto45567 a Private Message Find more posts by bgto45567 Add bgto45567 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bgto45567

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-08-2006 by fordfreak
Think maybe howerd stern had something to do with that.

Yea he helped but from the numbers sirius was expecting which was like 14 million only gettin 4 million more customersd is considered a flop.

New Post 10-09-2006 01:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bgto45567 Click here to Send bgto45567 a Private Message Find more posts by bgto45567 Add bgto45567 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bgto45567

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-14-2006 by PowerAcoustikman
^^Are you an idiot? Have you ever read the stats for XM and Sirius? The fact that XM owns 5 sats? hmm dumbass again.. Funny how every review and experts have said XM has a stronger signal and better SQ. God your a fag! Also to add this was dec of 05.. These were the stats http://radio.about.com/od/satelliteradio/a/blsatcomparecht.htm before you run your mouth, get some facts. I'm sorry but this forum and all u fucks are idiots. Heres the news from oct.. Where XM just got Satellite 4 and 5.. http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/updates-on-xms-new-satellites.html

How can you call anyone an idiot when your tag name has power acoustik in it?

New Post 10-14-2006 10:26 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting