Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > yep............. i need subs
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
eric

yep............. i need subs

hi all im looking for a good pair of subs i have 300$ to spend i was looking for some great spl & good sq i been reading alot of post on here i've heard good things about the alpine 12"type r's can some 1 tell me why i should'nt go that way this is a setup for a 1992 JEEP CHEROKEE thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-19-2006 10:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for eric Click here to Send eric a Private Message Find more posts by eric Add eric to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DaGh0st

RE: yep............. i need subs

quote:
Originally posted on 01-19-2006 by eric
hi all im looking for a good pair of subs i have 300$ to spend i was looking for some great spl & good sq i been reading alot of post on here i've heard good things about the alpine 12"type r's can some 1 tell me why i should'nt go that way this is a setup for a 1992 JEEP CHEROKEE thanks

i can tell you why you shouldnt go that way....because you should by my Alpine Type X....j/k man. But in all seriousness go for the R's they are pretty loud if you want them more of an sq sub put them in a sealed box 500 watts each, good stuff i know i had 2 in a sealed box with 600 watts each.

New Post 01-19-2006 01:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DaGh0st Click here to Send DaGh0st a Private Message Find more posts by DaGh0st Add DaGh0st to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eric

i want spl first then sq what should i do

New Post 01-19-2006 01:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for eric Click here to Send eric a Private Message Find more posts by eric Add eric to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DaGh0st

RE:

quote:
i want spl first then sq what should i do

port it...34hz...lots of power...let em' wang

New Post 01-19-2006 01:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DaGh0st Click here to Send DaGh0st a Private Message Find more posts by DaGh0st Add DaGh0st to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eric

where can i learn to make boxes(quick learner)& what is 34hz help me plz

New Post 01-19-2006 01:31 PM
DaGh0st

RE:

quote:
where can i learn to make boxes(quick learner)& what is 34hz help me plz

if you want to learn JL Audio has a nice Tutorial on there webpage if you want a quick box check out this webpage here http://www.accelerator-pedal.com/ported-box.asp 34 hz is the tunning freq. if you need more help just let me know man.Good Luck

New Post 01-19-2006 01:34 PM
eric

ok cool ill do that thanks bud

New Post 01-19-2006 01:40 PM
eric

i dont know what cubic feet is u got a link 4 all that ?

New Post 01-19-2006 01:47 PM
DaGh0st

RE:

quote:
i dont know what cubic feet is u got a link 4 all that ?

a cubic foot is the size of the box for ex. 4ft^ is a box that has 4 cubic feet...lol ok lets say you have a box that measures 15Hx18Wx20L= 5400 (thats in inches) then to get it in cubic feet you divide 5400 by 1728 and you get 3.125 cubic feet.

New Post 01-19-2006 02:05 PM
DaGh0st

http://www.bcae1.com/ scroll down the side of this page it has evrything you can imagine for car audio

New Post 01-19-2006 02:06 PM
eric

now why is im divide 5400 by 1728 where did the 1728 come from? & then when u get the 3.125 cubic feet how do u get a box out of that?

New Post 01-19-2006 04:10 PM
DaGh0st

RE:

quote:
now why is im divide 5400 by 1728 where did the 1728 come from? & then when u get the 3.125 cubic feet how do u get a box out of that?

1728= how many sq inches it takes to make a cubic foot. then you have to calculate in the port displacement and sub displacement. Also dont forget to subtract the size of the wood from the dimmensions of the box. for ex. 20x18x25 is the outer dimensions then the internal (if useing 3/4 in. wood) is 18.5x16.5x23.5=7173.375sq in. then you - port displacement lets say it 1ft^ so we get this= 7173.375 - 1728 (because 1728 is 1ft^)=5445.375 then you divide that by 1728(cubic foot)witch is 3.15ft^ internal. then subtract your Subwoofer Displacement Uaslly like .15-.25 (unless you have a big ass subwoofer) 3.15-.15(sub dis)=3ft^ NOTE: before you get your portdisplacement you have to know where you want to tune it to and how long of a port you will need. If anyone sees anything wrong please correct me Thanks.

New Post 01-19-2006 05:18 PM
eric

ok cool i think i got all that thx ......ok when u say tune what is tune pls x-plane that?

New Post 01-19-2006 05:48 PM
99oldsintrigue

tuning refers to changing the frequency of the port to match the sub for the loudest db

New Post 01-19-2006 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 99oldsintrigue Click here to Send 99oldsintrigue a Private Message Find more posts by 99oldsintrigue Add 99oldsintrigue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting