Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Whats wrong with the cvr's"
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zthumper

Whats wrong with the cvr's"

I have had 2 kicker cvr12 4-ohm subs now and I have blew both of them. I am only powering with a 600 wat amp and I don't even have it turned up at all. Any suggestions. I like the kicker name and they have been great except for this so I am sticking with them and getting two more and then using the kx600.1 to power them. If they both blow then, then I am done with kicker.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-20-2006 11:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zthumper Click here to Send zthumper a Private Message Find more posts by zthumper Add zthumper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BJ99

Are you hooking them up right?Make sure you are running the right impediance to the amp.

New Post 01-21-2006 12:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BJ99 Click here to Send BJ99 a Private Message Find more posts by BJ99 Add BJ99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BadaBoom

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-21-2006 by BJ99
Are you hooking them up right?Make sure you are running the right impediance to the amp.

Yep, I agree you shouldnt be blowing them off 600 watts. Also is that 600 rms?

New Post 01-21-2006 11:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BadaBoom Click here to Send BadaBoom a Private Message Find more posts by BadaBoom Add BadaBoom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loumill

what kind of amp, there is no way in hell that 600 watts would blow 2 subs, maybe one if it was defective, I am putting 1440 to 2 CVR's and they do not have any trouble. Power does not blow subs, shitty amps do. It sounds like a distorted signal being ran at high volume.

New Post 01-21-2006 05:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for loumill Click here to Send loumill a Private Message Find more posts by loumill Add loumill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Serstylz2

if you reply with how they are wired I bet that's where the problem lies

New Post 01-22-2006 03:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Serstylz2 Click here to Send Serstylz2 a Private Message Find more posts by Serstylz2 Add Serstylz2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zthumper

I am using KX600.1 amp with the setting as follows: Gain-6/11 Bass boost 11/18 Freq.-around 75 I am using parrell wiring with the dual vioce coil 4-ohm sub. I am getting 2 subs that I will run with the kx600.1 and hopefully they both don't blow.

New Post 01-22-2006 07:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zthumper Click here to Send zthumper a Private Message Find more posts by zthumper Add zthumper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Serstylz2

hmm not sure why they blew, when you get the new Kicker stuff make sure it's wired like this: http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/graphics/infolib/carlib/subs/2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

New Post 01-22-2006 07:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Serstylz2 Click here to Send Serstylz2 a Private Message Find more posts by Serstylz2 Add Serstylz2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KickerKitty

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-22-2006 by zthumper
I am using KX600.1 amp with the setting as follows: Gain-6/11 Bass boost 11/18 Freq.-around 75 I am using parrell wiring with the dual vioce coil 4-ohm sub. I am getting 2 subs that I will run with the kx600.1 and hopefully they both don't blow.

I can assure you that the power output is not what blew your CVRs, I am assuming your bass boost is too high, and causing distortion, (Mine is set closer to 3 dB out of 18, but on a MUCH more powerful amp) And maybe the boost is set at too high of a frequency for your box. Or more than likely, you are wired wrong. Probably got a bit of distortion in your lines as well, I am guessing.

New Post 01-22-2006 10:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KickerKitty Click here to Send KickerKitty a Private Message Find more posts by KickerKitty Add KickerKitty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loumill

It has to be distortion coming from the amp, If you blow 2 of them with the kicker amp I will send you mine, it was not the power

New Post 01-23-2006 09:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for loumill Click here to Send loumill a Private Message Find more posts by loumill Add loumill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zthumper

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-23-2006 by loumill
It has to be distortion coming from the amp, If you blow 2 of them with the kicker amp I will send you mine, it was not the power

Sorry to bring back a thread from the dead but I think i'll habe to take you up on that offer cause I blew em today. It has been a good time with em untill today.

New Post 05-04-2006 09:37 PM
loumill

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-04-2006 by zthumper
Sorry to bring back a thread from the dead but I think i'll habe to take you up on that offer cause I blew em today. It has been a good time with em untill today.

WHere is your Bass Boost set at?

New Post 05-04-2006 09:39 PM
zthumper

bout 7/18

New Post 05-04-2006 09:40 PM
pksimon28

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-04-2006 by zthumper
bout 7/18

My guess is that you are absolutely clipping the shit out of that amp. How did you set your gains?

New Post 05-04-2006 10:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pksimon28 Click here to Send pksimon28 a Private Message Find more posts by pksimon28 Add pksimon28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loumill

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-04-2006 by pksimon28
My guess is that you are absolutely clipping the shit out of that amp. How did you set your gains?

yes sir re bob. Bass Boost=POO

New Post 05-05-2006 04:14 PM
stratusrt01

I would agree with distortion being the most likely culprit, but you can also smoke them if you're running a ported box, and trying to play notes deeper than the box is designed for. If it's ported too high and you're using the distortion knob, it takes no time to smoke them.

New Post 05-05-2006 07:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for stratusrt01 Click here to Send stratusrt01 a Private Message Find more posts by stratusrt01 Add stratusrt01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting