Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > How about mine!
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Donsway

How about mine!

Didn't know ya'll could tell me what my db is, hell won't have to get it metered. I,ve got two 12" in two big boxes 2000w RMS or so to them. This is in a 91 Chevy dualy ext. cab. Thing is I got 4 dogs that are always going with me. Would it be better dbs with them in the truck or on top holding the roof down? This will save me some money on getting metered thanks.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-28-2006 08:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KickerKitty

RE: How about mine!

quote:
Originally posted on 01-28-2006 by Donsway
Didn't know ya'll could tell me what my db is, hell won't heve to get it metered. I,ve got two 12" in two big boxes 2000w RMS or so to them. This is in a 91 Chevy duely ext. cab. Thing is I got 4 dogs that are alway going with me. Would it be better dbs with them in the truck or on top holding the roof down? This will save me some money on getting metered thanks.

lol, you crack me up man, are you for real? There's no way to even give a rough estimate, which is all we could do for you, unless we have model numbers, might just wanna get metered. Good luck!

New Post 01-30-2006 09:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KickerKitty Click here to Send KickerKitty a Private Message Find more posts by KickerKitty Add KickerKitty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

I just knew that you could tell me lol. I just took some pic. going to post them. Take a look at a redneck setup. It don't look good but the horses I haul just don,t care they wish I would turn it down some.Ha Ha I also use it to haul flotes in parades. Not much for staging but the voices can be heard by the crowd before I get to them. It will blurr the vision looking straight ahead and put out a Bic lighter just from the vibrating air.COOL And I dont turn it up with the dogs in it, they try to hide, or jump out.

New Post 01-30-2006 10:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KickerKitty

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-30-2006 by Donsway
I just knew that you could tell me lol. I just took some pic. going to post them. Take a look at a redneck setup. It don't look good but the horses I haul just don,t care they wish I would turn it down some.Ha Ha I also use it to haul flotes in parades. Not much for staging but the voices can be heard by the crowd before I get to them. It will blurr the vision looking straight ahead and put out a Bic lighter just from the vibrating air.COOL And I dont turn it up with the dogs in it, they try to hide, or jump out.

Sounds like you aint doing too bad, sounds at least like the upper 130's from that description

New Post 01-30-2006 01:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KickerKitty Click here to Send KickerKitty a Private Message Find more posts by KickerKitty Add KickerKitty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

It did 146 someting about a year ago with the cad 3000 now with the two cad 2000 in its place who knows. I had went to a SPL sound off did not know what I was doing, I really did not have the setting right. Just did the sweep no burp. I'll get it metered soon, it does sound louder now. I almost forgot I added the yellow tops one cap. the 200 amp alt. and the big 3.

New Post 01-30-2006 04:52 PM
KickerKitty

RE:

quote:
It did 146 someting about a year ago with the cad 3000 now with the two cad 2000 in its place who knows. I had went to a SPL sound off did not know what I was doing, I really did not have the setting right. Just did the sweep no burp. I'll get it metered soon, it does sound louder now. I almost forgot I added the yellow tops one cap. the 200 amp alt. and the big 3.

Well, I hit 148 without the big 3 or yellowtop. Only used 2500 watts too, from what you're saying I'd have to say you could definately be high 140's even. Best way to tell if you're nearing 150 is, can it damage your hearing for a week if you listen to it for ten minutes, and has it started breaking parts of your vehicle yet. At least that's what started happening to me...

New Post 01-30-2006 06:27 PM
Donsway

The dash was cracked when I got it and now its bad. When it hits the thin plastic dash pieces flap at you. Before I put the seatbelts on the subs one had came forward then back and into the back glass, cracked it alittle in the lower corner. Now one of the cracks made it to top and the others are spreading. When I get a real amp to replace the SPL1600 it may be time for some new glass. Before I put the 6x9s in I would crank it up loud and it was like needing to yawn to fix your ears put didn't work. Now with the 6x9s I don't with out ear plugs. Try over an hour in a parade, I don,t think so. lol

New Post 01-30-2006 07:24 PM
KickerKitty

RE:

quote:
The dash was crack when I got it and now its bad. When it hits the thin plastic dash pieces flap at you. Before I put the seatbelts on the subs one had came forward then back and into the back glass, cracked it alittle in the lower corner. Now one of the cracks made it to top and the others are spreading. When I get a real amp to replace the SPL1600 it may be time for some new glass. Before I put the 6x9s in I would crank it up loud and it was like needing to yawn to fix your ears put didn't work. Now with the 6x9s I don't with out ear plugs. Try over an hour in a parade, I don,t think so. lol

Yep, sounds like upper 140's, nice :]

New Post 01-30-2006 09:22 PM
99oldsintrigue

Donsway, wow, thats cool, we have the same subs and amp. That spl is only putting out about 700 rms.

New Post 02-05-2006 06:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 99oldsintrigue Click here to Send 99oldsintrigue a Private Message Find more posts by 99oldsintrigue Add 99oldsintrigue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

They say it is 700w but I think that is alittle high. I want to get two Cadence ZRS-8 they do 1500watts. I'll put one on each sub. The SPL1600 is ok but the other sub has 1400watts (2 LA Sound cad 2000s)on it and liking it. The LA Sound amps say 1000watts each put my guess is more like 700watts these are very cheap amps I doubt they do what they say.

New Post 02-05-2006 07:05 PM
RPMSOUNDS

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-05-2006 by Donsway
They say it is 700w but I think that is alittle high. I want to get two Cadence ZRS-8 they do 1500watts. I'll put one on each sub. The SPL1600 is ok but the other sub has 1400watts (2 LA Sound cad 2000s)on it and liking it. The LA Sound amps say 1000watts each put my guess is more like 700watts these are very cheap amps I doubt they do what they say.

If you want a cheap amp and don't fall on the floor laphing when you read this but look into the big BOSS 5000watt amp... I called Boss when I saw this amp at the shop the other day since we buy crap once in a blue moon just to play around and see if we can blow it up or what it realy can do, anyway they told me the amp is a high curr amp able to be ran at 1/2 ohm each chan at 2500rms with at voltage rating of 13.5. I don't care what anyone says about Boss if this amp did 1500x2 at the price I paid for it I would still use them for the cheap sub amp needed setups that come into the shop. I am going to be getting hooked up to the 4 9515s just to see what it can do with them before I wire up the 4 Z1 amps I got.... if you don't mind spending some $$$ look into buying a Digital Designs Z1 amp for your subs... it will do Ummm..... well lets just say 3000rms way under rated. Amp pics and bench test can be found on www.ampguts.com under the Digital Design area.

New Post 02-06-2006 03:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

Memories......

New Post 10-02-2006 11:45 PM
RoadTrippin'

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-02-2006 by Donsway
Memories......

Yep, we need him.

New Post 10-03-2006 12:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RoadTrippin' Click here to Send RoadTrippin' a Private Message Find more posts by RoadTrippin' Add RoadTrippin' to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pumpkinman

RE: How about mine!

quote:
Originally posted on 01-28-2006 by Donsway
Didn't know ya'll could tell me what my db is, hell won't have to get it metered. I,ve got two 12" in two big boxes 2000w RMS or so to them. This is in a 91 Chevy dualy ext. cab. Thing is I got 4 dogs that are always going with me. Would it be better dbs with them in the truck or on top holding the roof down? This will save me some money on getting metered thanks.

ask sic hes a good guesser.lmao.your a hilarious s.o.b

New Post 11-11-2009 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkinman Click here to Send pumpkinman a Private Message Find more posts by pumpkinman Add pumpkinman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

yes indeed  lolz you sir r killin' meah!!!

New Post 11-12-2009 12:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting