Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > Local SPL comps coming up! need tips
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Aphix

Local SPL comps coming up! need tips

This is my first year in the competition circuit for car audio. Ive never been to a competition but I will be going to a few just to look before they start up. I dont really wanna put all my money into this but more of just a hobby. I was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to get the most out of my system? I got a 94' Pontiac Bonneville with 2 12" Kicker Comps. I can remove the entire back seat in about 2 minutes and everything interior doesnt rattle. They run in a 3.0244 ft3 sealed enlcosure with a Power Acoustik TS620-2 amp. If I could get any and all tips it would be greatly appreciated. Aphix.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-01-2006 05:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aphix Click here to Send Aphix a Private Message Find more posts by Aphix Add Aphix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sqliberty

What club are you competing in? Meca, Iasca, Slap?

New Post 02-01-2006 08:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sqliberty Click here to Send sqliberty a Private Message Find more posts by sqliberty Add sqliberty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aphix

Lol. Just local shops. Unless Im not aware of IASCA coming to nebraska.

New Post 02-01-2006 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aphix Click here to Send Aphix a Private Message Find more posts by Aphix Add Aphix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

Sloted box tuned high 45hz to 65hz depending on the car it is in. It does make it loud just not as good at lower frequencies. My boxes are at 54hz don,t know what my Db is but when it hits 54hz the windsheld wipers ends bounce on the glass and takes your breathe. SPL is cool like drag racing lot of power.

New Post 02-01-2006 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dyedef1966

For the record, it doesn't look like anyone is competing with SLAP anymore. They havent updated their website since before finals last year, and they are currently not selling memberships. No returned emails or phone calls from Sharon or Steve, everyone is just left hangin' out here. Time to move on, if you ask me.

New Post 02-05-2006 09:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dyedef1966 Click here to Send dyedef1966 a Private Message Find more posts by dyedef1966 Add dyedef1966 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aphix

I was reading their events list yesterday and it said "Last Updated September 14, 2005" so I agree DyeDef

New Post 02-05-2006 10:37 AM
sqliberty

I was thinking of doing SLAP as well as MECA this year, but i guess not. I sent them an email with no response as well.Even if they are still around, I don't want to belong to a club that unorganized.

New Post 02-05-2006 01:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sqliberty Click here to Send sqliberty a Private Message Find more posts by sqliberty Add sqliberty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aphix

Its pretty sad they let themselves go like that.

New Post 02-05-2006 01:12 PM
dja4260

RE: Local SPL comps coming up! need tips

quote:
Originally posted on 02-01-2006 by Aphix
This is my first year in the competition circuit for car audio. Ive never been to a competition but I will be going to a few just to look before they start up. I dont really wanna put all my money into this but more of just a hobby. I was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to get the most out of my system? I got a 94' Pontiac Bonneville with 2 12" Kicker Comps. I can remove the entire back seat in about 2 minutes and everything interior doesnt rattle. They run in a 3.0244 ft3 sealed enlcosure with a Power Acoustik TS620-2 amp. If I could get any and all tips it would be greatly appreciated. Aphix.

well, ill give u some pointers. dont play system before comp, you wanna keep the amp cool and gain voltage before the burp. generally you would want to face the subs faces six inches from trunk facing away from cabin. download some sine sweeps and tones because micing on music is silly. pull front seats as far to the dash as possible. dont sit there and just play a sweep for 3o seconds....you gotta burp it. meaning play tone for 4 seconds, then pause try another tone for 4 seconds. the pause will help you get ur voltage up. id try tones between 40-50hz. good luck , post some results. and if you need tones let me know...oh and i had a 92 bonneville so make sure your box is 6 inches facing away from cabin....thats where i miced the loudest

New Post 02-05-2006 01:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dja4260 Click here to Send dja4260 a Private Message Find more posts by dja4260 Add dja4260 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aphix

Thanks for the help. I was wondering how I should postition my subs. And could I get some tones from you? Im not really sure where to find them. Thanks again.

New Post 02-05-2006 01:22 PM
sqliberty

you can by the MECA SPL cd @mecacaraudio.com. This is what we use at our Comps

New Post 02-05-2006 01:36 PM
Aphix

how much is that cd?

New Post 02-05-2006 02:11 PM
dja4260

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-05-2006 by Aphix
how much is that cd?

15 i think if not member. id recommend it. you will never need another tone cd ever. its got like tone 1-99

New Post 02-05-2006 02:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dja4260 Click here to Send dja4260 a Private Message Find more posts by dja4260 Add dja4260 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dyedef1966

Just an update on SLAP.... I was talking to a dealer friend of mine, Who is a Judge for SLAP, who was on the phone with the owner of SLAP the other day. Word is they WILL have shows this year, but no memberships, or National Championships. they are not even going to keep running points totals. I'll keep you posted as I get more info.

New Post 02-06-2006 07:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dyedef1966 Click here to Send dyedef1966 a Private Message Find more posts by dyedef1966 Add dyedef1966 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aphix

Thanks for the heads up dude

New Post 02-06-2006 07:36 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting