Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Yo, i want to make my first ported box.
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
roller999

Yo, i want to make my first ported box.

Hey, whuddup everyone. I hoping to make a ported box for 2 12s, about 4 cu/ft. I have never made an enclosure, so i am wondering if anyone can give me some easy info. I need to no the woodtype, and what ever else I need. I need ports also so ya i basically need to no it all. Please help, give tips, what ever, thank you everyone! P.S what tools and stuff do i need also.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-08-2006 03:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for roller999 Click here to Send roller999 a Private Message Find more posts by roller999 Add roller999 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roller999

each sub needs 2 cu/ft, and 2 ports, 12 inch long and 3 inch wide , round. 2 visonik, 600 watts each.

New Post 02-08-2006 03:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for roller999 Click here to Send roller999 a Private Message Find more posts by roller999 Add roller999 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jonnyboy

you'll want to use 3/4 inch mdf. You can get this at any lumber yard. Get some decent drywall screws and the proper bit to predrill them. I like to use wood glue on the edges. A bead of silicone everywhere the wood meets (more important for sealed enclosures)to fill the gaps. A straight cutting saw...

New Post 02-08-2006 11:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jonnyboy Click here to Send jonnyboy a Private Message Find more posts by jonnyboy Add jonnyboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lionel2

info on port

Do not make the port all the way from front to back and along back...if the port is on the front..single port..and the depth of box is say 16 inches make the port 6 inches deep then stop..easier for air to exit box..thanks TNT for that knowledge

New Post 02-08-2006 06:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lionel2 Click here to Send lionel2 a Private Message Find more posts by lionel2 Add lionel2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roller999

thanks guys, anymore tips or info anyone. Thanks

New Post 02-08-2006 06:18 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting