Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > CVX vs L7
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jblood1388

CVX vs L7

THe new Kicker CVX is basically a circle L7, but Im curious... what would u pick? Id pick the CVX becuz im not a huge fan of the square woofer.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-13-2006 04:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jblood1388 Click here to Send jblood1388 a Private Message Find more posts by jblood1388 Add jblood1388 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

i bought an L7 the new one. because it gets more base in the same amount of area and power, sometimes less power and i like the because i have a truck so not much room for a sub. but that is just me. the CVX is a good sub. Lou has got 2 12's i think in his car.

New Post 02-13-2006 05:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loumill

Good question????

First off, KICKER has started shipping the 15 inch CVX's, but the 10's and 12's have not shipped yet, hopefully this week. Anyways a square 12 can push more air than a round one, therefore giving more SPL, I messed around with a 12 inch L7 in my MAZDA and did get it sounding very nice(SQL), It does seem to put more stress on the surround though, but it was not a problem for mine, the round 12 is going to have a better response and I feel will have better SQ, while still handling a lot of power. I will say all though it just looks as if the color of the L7 has changed it has been beefed up and the un-advertised RMS is acctually about 30% higher.

New Post 02-13-2006 07:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for loumill Click here to Send loumill a Private Message Find more posts by loumill Add loumill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KickerKitty

I like the CVX, havn't owned either but I can't imagine my CVR's with 300 watts more power handling, it would be amazing...

New Post 02-15-2006 04:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KickerKitty Click here to Send KickerKitty a Private Message Find more posts by KickerKitty Add KickerKitty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

hey lou i have a rockford amp and and square L7, do u think i should sell my amp and buy a kicker amp. and i was going to runn all of my components off of a rockford amp as well. so whould u go with kicker amps or keep these?

New Post 02-15-2006 06:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loumill

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-15-2006 by 9oh7
hey lou i have a rockford amp and and square L7, do u think i should sell my amp and buy a kicker amp. and i was going to runn all of my components off of a rockford amp as well. so whould u go with kicker amps or keep these?

what fosgate amps are they?

New Post 02-15-2006 11:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for loumill Click here to Send loumill a Private Message Find more posts by loumill Add loumill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

power t3002 838 RMS on bridged at 2 ohms for that L7. and then a power t4004 for the front rear and mid bass. that is 602 rms. so u think that should be ok?

New Post 02-16-2006 12:30 AM
loumill

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-16-2006 by 9oh7
power t3002 838 RMS on bridged at 2 ohms for that L7. and then a power t4004 for the front rear and mid bass. that is 602 rms. so u think that should be ok?

yeah I would keep them, they are supposed to be good amps, I only have experience with the old punches(and 1 of the chrome shit amps) you should be cool

New Post 02-16-2006 09:00 AM
Ryan21

I would go with the CVX's. I herd L7's, they lac SQ but will get loud. Sqaure for SPL, Round for SQ!

New Post 02-16-2006 01:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan21 Click here to Send Ryan21 a Private Message Find more posts by Ryan21 Add Ryan21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loumill

CVX

Saw the 15 today, it is a beast, almost wanted to cut a bigger hole to install them, but I will have to wait for the 12's

New Post 02-16-2006 04:48 PM
9oh7

thanks lou. but i am going for SQL as well. that is why i only went with one 12 and then 2 6.5" midbass. but i am kinda happy, kick panels, ks13 tweeters and crossovers(2). and then my ss 6.5 mid bass speakers. so all i need now is my amp, sub, frotn speakers, and rear speakers.

New Post 02-16-2006 05:15 PM
KickerKitty

RE:

quote:
thanks lou. but i am going for SQL as well. that is why i only went with one 12 and then 2 6.5" midbass. but i am kinda happy, kick panels, ks13 tweeters and crossovers(2). and then my ss 6.5 mid bass speakers. so all i need now is my amp, sub, frotn speakers, and rear speakers.

No reason why two kicker twelves cant have good SQ, gotta admit, i'm pretty happy with the sound of mine, (when overpowered), and to top it off, if you reverse the phase they sound good with rock and techno, even the fastest. It may be partly because use the same clean amps on fronts and subs too because theyre always in perfect sync. The epicenter helps too.

New Post 02-16-2006 05:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KickerKitty Click here to Send KickerKitty a Private Message Find more posts by KickerKitty Add KickerKitty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

i got the L7 and stuff. but i wanted to get the mid bass so that i can have more bass w/o giving up any SQ. they should sound good. but i am kinda pissed the kick panels i got dont fit the mid bass drivers. stupid Q-logic. but i think that my from componets will fit in there if not i am going to be PISSED!!!! but yeah w/e i will figure it out.

New Post 02-16-2006 06:12 PM
loumill

RE:

quote:
i got the L7 and stuff. but i wanted to get the mid bass so that i can have more bass w/o giving up any SQ. they should sound good. but i am kinda pissed the kick panels i got dont fit the mid bass drivers. stupid Q-logic. but i think that my from componets will fit in there if not i am going to be PISSED!!!! but yeah w/e i will figure it out.

look at my Jeep, it is a SQ set up with all Kicker products

New Post 02-16-2006 08:53 PM
9oh7

i have looked at your set up lou and it is awsome. but i like my L7 i mean nothing agisnt the CVX but yeah.

New Post 02-16-2006 09:23 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting