Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Help me plz
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
smokeaway

Help me plz

i need help deciding which HU to buy for my accord 2000 coupe. i am running 2 12" JL W3V2, i have a panasonic HU right now but im looking for a better quality. my price range is anywhere from 100-300, thanks in advanced

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-16-2006 07:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for smokeaway Click here to Send smokeaway a Private Message Find more posts by smokeaway Add smokeaway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

I paid $300 for my Panasonic, I love it. Has 3 outputs and a input. Does all the stuff and some.

New Post 02-16-2006 10:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luke352

Alpine, Eclipse, or Blaupunkt if you want something that will last.

New Post 02-17-2006 12:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Luke352 Click here to Send Luke352 a Private Message Find more posts by Luke352 Add Luke352 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

Do Panasonics not last? Mine is 2 years old is it going to crap out on me? Never had one before, It does do good.

New Post 02-17-2006 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luke352

Nah not saying that from what i know of panasonic there is nothing really wrong with them. Ijust like the security of sticking to brands I know are built extremely well and I know arent going to have problems.

New Post 02-17-2006 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Luke352 Click here to Send Luke352 a Private Message Find more posts by Luke352 Add Luke352 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

Back in the day I would have never got a Panasonic. But after this one I'm hooked. Had Alpine my whole life and this one is as good. But for $300 for a CD player it better work a long time.lol

New Post 02-17-2006 12:41 AM
pksimon28

What features do you need/want?

New Post 02-17-2006 01:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pksimon28 Click here to Send pksimon28 a Private Message Find more posts by pksimon28 Add pksimon28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luke352

Sorry I couldnt be of more help as I'm in Australia so I have no idea what retails in your pricerange over there, but maybe Blaupunkt Casablanca or Alpine 9835 if there in your price range both great units.

New Post 02-17-2006 01:29 AM
Donsway

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-17-2006 by Luke352
Sorry I couldnt be of more help as I'm in Australia so I have no idea what retails in your pricerange over there, but maybe Blaupunkt Casablanca or Alpine 9835 if there in your price range both great units.

Down Under, Cool I,m in Texas where we like stuff big you're where the stuff is big with teeth.lol

New Post 02-17-2006 01:35 AM
dBHaulic1155

alpines dont last i just bought mine a month ago and i already broke the spindle wheel from the bass the wheel just fell off thats the last time i buy alpine sticky with sony

New Post 02-17-2006 01:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dBHaulic1155 Click here to Send dBHaulic1155 a Private Message Find more posts by dBHaulic1155 Add dBHaulic1155 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luke352

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-17-2006 by dBHaulic1155
alpines dont last i just bought mine a month ago and i already broke the spindle wheel from the bass the wheel just fell off thats the last time i buy alpine sticky with sony

Hey what can I ask where you got your HU from if it was a eBay buy then I'm not surprised it buggered out. But sony seriously they have to be one of worst brands you could recommend other then all the no name stuff.

New Post 02-17-2006 01:48 AM
Donsway

Everyone has had a nightmare with a brand mine was Sony. It's hard to just come here and have someone tell you THIS is best. Then the next guy tell you it's crap. This is so much fun!!!! I guess they always say go and let your ears tell you. Because Sony is CRAP.lol lol lol

New Post 02-17-2006 01:55 AM
smokeaway

well all i really need from the HU is SQ, cuz the panasonic i have right now does not have enough control of the system. panasonic HU is decent but i want to try something different this time, i heard alpines are good, how are 9847 and 9851? i might push my limit and try to get 9815 but im not sure. i also heard eclipse are excellent HUs, i just dont know which models good. help plz thanks

New Post 02-17-2006 03:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for smokeaway Click here to Send smokeaway a Private Message Find more posts by smokeaway Add smokeaway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luke352

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-17-2006 by smokeaway
well all i really need from the HU is SQ, cuz the panasonic i have right now does not have enough control of the system. panasonic HU is decent but i want to try something different this time, i heard alpines are good, how are 9847 and 9851? i might push my limit and try to get 9815 but im not sure. i also heard eclipse are excellent HUs, i just dont know which models good. help plz thanks

Well as far as pure SQ is concerned Eclipse is probably slightly better 99.9% of ppl couldnt tell the difference though I'd say, it just comes down to whether you want detach face which Eclipse dont have and what tuning features the equivalent priced Alpine and Eclipse units have. But they are probably your best bet if you are chasing an SQ HU.

New Post 02-17-2006 03:43 AM
smokeaway

how is pioneer DEH-p680mp? i think that's better than most of the alpine HUs for that price. what are some good eclipse HU? thanks

New Post 02-17-2006 04:34 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting