Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Help with Highs
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
00montecarlo

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-06-2006 09:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 00montecarlo Click here to Send 00montecarlo a Private Message Find more posts by 00montecarlo Add 00montecarlo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00montecarlo

New Post 03-07-2006 11:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 00montecarlo Click here to Send 00montecarlo a Private Message Find more posts by 00montecarlo Add 00montecarlo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00montecarlo

New Post 03-08-2006 06:42 PM
ugzz

just some info

not sure this helps at all but this is just some random info. I ran the kappa 6x9's and i didnt think much of them over the refernece, they were ok, but just not what i expected from infinity my old time favorite audio company. The tweeters were good sounding but with just 60rms they blew on me ( the rear 6x9s that is) so i scrapped the idea of them altogether, they were decent when they ran though. as for the fronts, i never personally ran the kappa fronts, but i currently ahve the reference fronts and i did an install with kappas a year or so ago. It wasnt bad or anything, actualy it was pretty decent, but once again, just not what i expected from infinity. Definetly lower the treble if you can, i dont remember if the crossovers have a -1 or -2 setting or not, but if they do its highly recommended as i think they are SUPER overpowering. As for the midbass its lacking in mid-low range imo. i had them in doors sealed fairly well, not perfect seals though. and its just very ok, not the best. As for the fronts, they can handle the power pretty good. even my reference took an 85watt rms with stride. Just watch the volume on the tweeters cause if anything sounds like its gona go, its them. As for matching ive never heard a kappa system with kappas in the front and back but i myself ran my reference fronts with kappa rears and i think it was very well matched. The reference fronts just didnt play all that loud, but maybe the kappas will be ok for you. I would say it matched the front and rear out perfectly when i had 85x2rms on the fronts and 50x2rms on the rears. but as i said i popped the tweets on my kappas. so once again a word of caution. I also popped the tweeters on the reference 6x9s which i had before the kappas. So all i can really say is good luck and hopefully the kappa fronts are better and louder then my reference fronts. im sure kappa and kappa will match out better then my setup did. So i think youll be ok as long as you give them good power. If you can find a way to wire it so you can fade thats always a plus, but if you decide to wire them together i think it will still be ok. (if i understood you correctly in thinkin that, that is) Ok yeah sorry, all my posts are stories, but thats all i got hehe, so good luck and maybe someone else will post now that my post has bumped it hehe

New Post 03-09-2006 04:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ugzz Click here to Send ugzz a Private Message Find more posts by ugzz Add ugzz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00montecarlo

New Post 03-09-2006 04:50 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting