Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Kicker CVR's and Audiobahn
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
00montecarlo

Kicker CVR's and Audiobahn

hello, this guy i work with wants to buy a brand new set of 12 CVR's off me but the only amp he has is an Audiobahn 1500hct...i believe since the subs are dual 4 that the amp would put out 500 watts at 4 ohms....is this correct and will it be decent power

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-07-2006 11:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 00montecarlo Click here to Send 00montecarlo a Private Message Find more posts by 00montecarlo Add 00montecarlo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NotRiceForSupper

first off are the subs dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm? Dual 4 ohm means you can wire down to 1 ohm and that means that you'll be pushing 2000 watts to those subs, which is too much. But if they are dual 2 ohm then you can wire it to a 2 ohm load which would be fine with that amp.

New Post 03-08-2006 11:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NotRiceForSupper Click here to Send NotRiceForSupper a Private Message Find more posts by NotRiceForSupper Add NotRiceForSupper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00montecarlo

I am confused... the subs are dual 4... can you not wire a set of dual 4 ohm voice coil subs in a series/parallel combination to where each sub is 8 ohm and then back to 4 at the amplifier? BTW...the amp is 500 watts @ 4 ohms if this helps.

New Post 03-08-2006 12:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 00montecarlo Click here to Send 00montecarlo a Private Message Find more posts by 00montecarlo Add 00montecarlo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NotRiceForSupper

yeah for sure man. Sorry for the confusion, i just didn't know if they were dual 4 or dual 2 ohm. But now looking at it, I could have figured that out because you can't create a 4 ohm load with dual 2 ohm subs. Then in my opinion, I would want more power to my subs. You are definently in a strange spot with this combination. I'm currently running 2 mtx 7500 svc to 1 jl 500/1 and it bumps and everything, but i'm somewhat dissapointed. It's not enough power for those subs. But you are going to get good clean sound with 500 watts at 4 ohms

New Post 03-08-2006 04:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NotRiceForSupper Click here to Send NotRiceForSupper a Private Message Find more posts by NotRiceForSupper Add NotRiceForSupper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00montecarlo

yeah...thanx for confirming....i've got a brand new 850.2 as well that i think would be the perfect match but this guy dont want it...he loves his beloved 'BAHN

New Post 03-08-2006 04:54 PM
TXhustla

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-08-2006 by NotRiceForSupper
first off are the subs dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm? Dual 4 ohm means you can wire down to 1 ohm and that means that you'll be pushing 2000 watts to those subs, which is too much. But if they are dual 2 ohm then you can wire it to a 2 ohm load which would be fine with that amp.

Which is better two single coils or duals with 4ohms each?

New Post 03-11-2006 01:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TXhustla Click here to Send TXhustla a Private Message Find more posts by TXhustla Add TXhustla to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00montecarlo

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-11-2006 by TXhustla
Which is better two single coils or duals with 4ohms each?

there is no better....they will all recieve the same power at a given load

New Post 03-11-2006 02:54 AM
NotRiceForSupper

well dvc is better if you are looking at wiring options. i.e. Two 4 ohm svc subs basically can be wired into 8 ohms (why?) and 2 ohms. one sub can only be wired into 4 ohms and 3 subs into 1.34 ohms. Two 4 ohm DVC subs can be wired into 1 ohm or 4 ohms. one sub can be wired into 2ohms or 8 ohms, and 3 can be wired into 2.67 ohms. and i'm sure thats way more than you really care about. Later, Garrett

New Post 03-11-2006 11:47 AM
TXhustla

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-11-2006 by NotRiceForSupper
well dvc is better if you are looking at wiring options. i.e. Two 4 ohm svc subs basically can be wired into 8 ohms (why?) and 2 ohms. one sub can only be wired into 4 ohms and 3 subs into 1.34 ohms. Two 4 ohm DVC subs can be wired into 1 ohm or 4 ohms. one sub can be wired into 2ohms or 8 ohms, and 3 can be wired into 2.67 ohms. and i'm sure thats way more than you really care about. Later, Garrett

So if my amp was (MONO)400 Watts RMS X 1 Channel at 2ohms. Should I stay with the SVC 4ohms?

New Post 03-11-2006 02:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TXhustla Click here to Send TXhustla a Private Message Find more posts by TXhustla Add TXhustla to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NotRiceForSupper

well it depends, what are you subs rated at (rms) and is the amp 1 ohm stable? If your subs are about 150-300 watts rms and svc then yes stay with svc, but if the amp is one ohm stable and your subs are about 400 watts rms (assuming the amp will put out 800 watts X 1 rms at one ohm) go with 4 ohm dvc.

New Post 03-11-2006 09:58 PM
TXhustla

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-11-2006 by NotRiceForSupper
well it depends, what are you subs rated at (rms) and is the amp 1 ohm stable? If your subs are about 150-300 watts rms and svc then yes stay with svc, but if the amp is one ohm stable and your subs are about 400 watts rms (assuming the amp will put out 800 watts X 1 rms at one ohm) go with 4 ohm dvc.

Memphis PR 250RMS, even though my amp is mono I dont think its 1ohm stable. 400 X 1Channel at 2ohms

New Post 03-12-2006 05:49 PM
NotRiceForSupper

yeah stick with it, it sounds good. The subs will be a little underpowered (about 50 watts each) but that means you can crank your gain up without worrying that you will blow your subs. TXHustla, what part of Texas you from? I'm in Tomball, just north of Houston.

New Post 03-12-2006 11:11 PM
TXhustla

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-12-2006 by NotRiceForSupper
yeah stick with it, it sounds good. The subs will be a little underpowered (about 50 watts each) but that means you can crank your gain up without worrying that you will blow your subs. TXHustla, what part of Texas you from? I'm in Tomball, just north of Houston.

Im from Dallas but I go to school in PV. Is it true a box can mess your speakers up?

New Post 03-13-2006 01:58 PM
N2Audio

"but that means you can crank your gain up without worrying that you will blow your subs"

Wow, what a stupid thing to say.

1) It will sound horrible
2) Yes, it COULD damage the speakers, or the amp, or both

New Post 03-13-2006 04:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00montecarlo

N2Audio

maybe you can answer another post ive got....would it matter how many speakers are run off of a given channel lets say four as long as the impedance doesnt drop below operating limits....i am trying to run kappa 6.5" two ways,(kappa 6.5" three ways, kappa tweet in factory "component" location) and a set a kappa comps(if it'll work) in kicks. I belive the final load per channel was 2.66667. The amp is a kicker 550.2

New Post 03-13-2006 04:56 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting