Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > AM I READY??
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
connersdad19

AM I READY??

I need to know when to be ready for a competion. I have a 1998 dodge neon. it has to kicker comps 12 in a ported bandpass box.i only got a 300 watt amp hooked to them. and its getting fully the 150 rms. it hits really hard i think the car is going to fall apart. everyone is like you need to go to competitions. what do you all. think. and i am from ohio so any suggestions would help. and what class would i be put into? how do they rank classes?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-10-2006 02:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for connersdad19 Click here to Send connersdad19 a Private Message Find more posts by connersdad19 Add connersdad19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sqliberty

There are MECA shows in Ohio. Take a look at mecacaraudio.com to see if any are near you

New Post 03-10-2006 11:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sqliberty Click here to Send sqliberty a Private Message Find more posts by sqliberty Add sqliberty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaulD

any car is ALWAYS ready for it's first comp ... enter the show as an amatuer class and see how you fare. Most of the people there have competed before and can give you a litle advice on how to up the dB's a little, pick a class and classification, etc ..

New Post 03-12-2006 10:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaulD Click here to Send PaulD a Private Message Find more posts by PaulD Add PaulD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
connersdad19

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-12-2006 by PaulD
any car is ALWAYS ready for it's first comp ... enter the show as an amatuer class and see how you fare. Most of the people there have competed before and can give you a litle advice on how to up the dB's a little, pick a class and classification, etc ..

do u know what class i would be in i ahve two kicker compvrs. and a three hundred watt amp

New Post 03-12-2006 02:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for connersdad19 Click here to Send connersdad19 a Private Message Find more posts by connersdad19 Add connersdad19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lozinit

The best way to start competing and to find what class you would be in is to pick a sanctioning body such as IASCA, USACI, MECA, DBdrag, etc.. that you want to compete in, and read the rules.
The rules will tell you what and where the limits are for each class, so you can go from there.

For example, I compete in the stock 2 class in IASCA IdbL for the simple fact that most of the events in my area are iasca sanctioned.
I started by simply going to the website, getting the rules, reading everything I could get my hands on, and just going to my first show. Haven't stopped since.

New Post 03-14-2006 09:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lozinit Click here to Send lozinit a Private Message Find more posts by lozinit Add lozinit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaulD

For an SQ car, you NEED to read the rulebook to see what they are expecting as far as installation goes. If you are SPL, look at the classes and pick what class you wanna compete in - then pick your sub(s) sizes and amp power range (or fuse size) accordingly.

New Post 03-16-2006 08:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaulD Click here to Send PaulD a Private Message Find more posts by PaulD Add PaulD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lozinit

For spl, it's a little more complicated than simply picking a class, installing subs and cranking the volume. It may have been inadvertant, but please try not trivialize it like such. You'll still NEED to read the rules regardless.
I just don't want to see someone interested in competing (If he's going to compete in spl to begin with) start adding stuff to the vehicle only to find out they over-did it when they get to the show by adding one too many batteries, or adding a custom headliner, etc..., and get bumped from a beginner class to an advanced class where he'd have virtually no chance to play against the bigger dogs of the sport.

New Post 03-16-2006 10:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lozinit Click here to Send lozinit a Private Message Find more posts by lozinit Add lozinit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
connersdad19

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-16-2006 by lozinit
For spl, it's a little more complicated than simply picking a class, installing subs and cranking the volume. It may have been inadvertant, but please try not trivialize it like such. You'll still NEED to read the rules regardless.
I just don't want to see someone interested in competing (If he's going to compete in spl to begin with) start adding stuff to the vehicle only to find out they over-did it when they get to the show by adding one too many batteries, or adding a custom headliner, etc..., and get bumped from a beginner class to an advanced class where he'd have virtually no chance to play against the bigger dogs of the sport.

this is my setup. i got a pioneer headunit running to a 300 watt amp running to two kicker comp vr 12s in a ported bandpass box.

New Post 03-17-2006 06:01 AM
connersdad19

what do u get if u win a spl contest.

New Post 03-18-2006 11:20 PM
Rhaze36

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-18-2006 by connersdad19
what do u get if u win a spl contest.

Usually a trophy,and if You are into it really good, You'll have a great feeling of accomplishment. Then it becomes addicting LOL.

New Post 03-18-2006 11:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhaze36 Click here to Send Rhaze36 a Private Message Find more posts by Rhaze36 Add Rhaze36 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssi

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-18-2006 by Rhaze36
Usually a trophy,and if You are into it really good, You'll have a great feeling of accomplishment. Then it becomes addicting LOL.

your right, it is extremely addicting. its like crack for me.

New Post 03-19-2006 09:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ssi Click here to Send ssi a Private Message Find more posts by ssi Add ssi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeepRider

Nice setup im running 2 12 kicker vr comp's and a pioneer HU powered by a 920 watt kenwood amp, now if I can only get my damn mtx 500 amp to run those pioneer 6x9's

New Post 04-09-2006 11:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeepRider Click here to Send JeepRider a Private Message Find more posts by JeepRider Add JeepRider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LeofromtheH

yea i was thinking the same thing, 'am i ready?'. just put ina 6cu.ft. box w/ a 15 L7, so i recently looked up on some spl shows in he area, most are sanctionedby usaci. have yet to go to ashow, but plan to go to the next nearest

New Post 04-10-2006 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LeofromtheH Click here to Send LeofromtheH a Private Message Find more posts by LeofromtheH Add LeofromtheH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

anyone know of any car shows in phonix? i mean it is a stretch but wanted to know once i get my truck done.

New Post 04-11-2006 08:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dja4260

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-19-2006 by ssi
your right, it is extremely addicting. its like crack for me.

lol ur blood itches too?...only 2 more weeks till first show

New Post 04-13-2006 06:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dja4260 Click here to Send dja4260 a Private Message Find more posts by dja4260 Add dja4260 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting