Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > is this a good alarm?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
eric

is this a good alarm?

http://www.caraudioexpert.com/productView3.asp?productID=4148 is this a good alarm? i want to put it in a 95/99 tahoe & what would i be looking at in cost to put this on

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-13-2006 01:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for eric Click here to Send eric a Private Message Find more posts by eric Add eric to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ah64mark

Crimestopper alarm

this is a good alarm/remote start unit. it has very good range up to 2500ft. for that particular vehicle you will need a passlock bypass module. check out the GM-SL from the same company offers. its very easy to install and no wires to cut, just program the key and your done. the GM-SL does not support doorlocks, because GM wasnt digital yet.This company has a newer version of this alarm/remote start unit . the "DP" series. It provides extra outputs that are selectable for timed,latched,or pulsed. The remote has better graffix and brighter display.I would suggest getting the newer version.

New Post 05-09-2006 12:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ah64mark Click here to Send ah64mark a Private Message Find more posts by ah64mark Add ah64mark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RQJay

Great alarm, I am very happy with it with the exception of one thing. The remote start is done by pressing a single button. I would have rather it been a press and hold down type activation, but its a one button press to start. it can be really sensitive to as well when i put the keys in the pocket.

New Post 05-09-2006 04:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RQJay Click here to Send RQJay a Private Message Find more posts by RQJay Add RQJay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RQJay

Oh yea, they range is great. I have been in the mall and started my truck.

New Post 05-09-2006 04:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RQJay Click here to Send RQJay a Private Message Find more posts by RQJay Add RQJay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slimtx

remote start

remote starts are nice alarm but its not a good alarm

New Post 05-21-2006 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for slimtx Click here to Send slimtx a Private Message Find more posts by slimtx Add slimtx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RQJay

RE: remote start

quote:
Originally posted on 05-21-2006 by slimtx
remote starts are nice alarm but its not a good alarm

Really? Please tell me why?

New Post 05-21-2006 12:53 AM
slimtx

RE: RE: remote start

quote:
Originally posted on 05-21-2006 by RQJay
Really? Please tell me why?

na'll i can't tell you the game !!!

New Post 05-21-2006 11:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for slimtx Click here to Send slimtx a Private Message Find more posts by slimtx Add slimtx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RQJay

RE: RE: RE: remote start

quote:
Originally posted on 05-21-2006 by slimtx
na'll i can't tell you the game !!!

Hmm, I can understand your reluctancy to tell me the "game".... So let me ask you this Slim, what alarm system would you use?

New Post 05-22-2006 02:19 AM
slimtx

RE: RE: RE: RE: remote start

quote:
Originally posted on 05-22-2006 by RQJay
Hmm, I can understand your reluctancy to tell me the "game".... So let me ask you this Slim, what alarm system would you use?

like i had said before,remote start its a good alarm because it tell you when someone is messing with your car but if that person really wanted that car he would get it no matter what type of alarm you have and the alarm wouldnt even know hes in the car. but the best thing to get is lojack because it will tell the laws where your vehicles at.CUZ YOU KNOW IF THEY MAKE IT THEY CAN BREAK IT AND BYPASS IT.

New Post 05-22-2006 03:07 AM
RQJay

I do have to agree with you on that, if they want it bad enough, they will take it. But an alarm is more of a theft deterent more than anything. Keeping away the amateurs is the most important thing, if the real criminals want it... they take it. But as far as lowjack goes, its more or less useless in protecting your stereo equiptment. If there good enough to get around your alarm, they probably cam prepared, and that means your stereo and wheels will be gone before you even realize your car was missin in the first place. I think that any alarm with a remote start and a built in pager serves an even more important role. If your veh is hit in a parking lot, and your not to far, you can make it outside to see who hit you, and hopefully get some help thru there insurance company. It really helps on those little door dings and parking lot idiots.

New Post 05-22-2006 12:07 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting