Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Lanzar subs any good?
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AustinW

Lanzar subs any good?

Found a MAX15D a 15 inch lanzar subwoofer and dosent sound too bad especially for the price?......does anyone know anything about them and if they have spl....thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-14-2006 03:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AustinW Click here to Send AustinW a Private Message Find more posts by AustinW Add AustinW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

from what I've read they're pretty impressive for the price, but nothing to write home about.

New Post 03-14-2006 04:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
defnyung

Isn't Lanzar owned by Pyle or Pyramid? If they are, I wouldn't go with Lanzar. I used to own 2 10" Lanzar back in 1995 and boy, those babies slammed. Back in the day, Lanzar was a legit company and made very good Subs.

New Post 03-14-2006 09:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for defnyung Click here to Send defnyung a Private Message Find more posts by defnyung Add defnyung to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mizat

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-14-2006 by defnyung
Isn't Lanzar owned by Pyle or Pyramid? If they are, I wouldn't go with Lanzar. I used to own 2 10" Lanzar back in 1995 and boy, those babies slammed. Back in the day, Lanzar was a legit company and made very good Subs.

I have heard the newer OPTI Line subs and they are not bad for the price.I would personally go with a different brand in that particular price range,but the opti's are really not bad at all.

New Post 03-14-2006 11:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mizat Click here to Send mizat a Private Message Find more posts by mizat Add mizat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-14-2006 by defnyung

No, they're all owned by Sound Around.

There are a lot of brands in this industry (and many others for that matter) owned by the same parent company. That doesn't make each brand the same.

New Post 03-15-2006 10:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99oldsintrigue

lanzar max 15''s are the shit for the money. I heard two in a ported box on a kole 1920 and it was fuckin loud for the price.

New Post 03-16-2006 04:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 99oldsintrigue Click here to Send 99oldsintrigue a Private Message Find more posts by 99oldsintrigue Add 99oldsintrigue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

The Lanzar Max subs are some of the loudest subs for the money. They kinda suck sealed but ported they kick some ass.... they are one of my top selling subs.... I just got the new max line in the MAX pro or MAXP line subs and they are even better with more power hand and higher senc rating. best of all only like 10 bucks more a sub! Another great brand of subs that pound like that for cheap is Audiopipe.... Audiopipe has subs from chepo ones that band to sq drivers and spl drivers as well as SQL drivers top of the line sub is like 250 retail for a 15" (not counting the pure spl model) never played with that one! I know that 2 MAX15D in a nice sice ported box tuned well will take 1000rms and shake the crap out of any car for less then 150 bucks for both subs!

New Post 03-18-2006 02:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mizat

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-18-2006 by RPMSOUNDS
The Lanzar Max subs are some of the loudest subs for the money. They kinda suck sealed but ported they kick some ass.... they are one of my top selling subs.... I just got the new max line in the MAX pro or MAXP line subs and they are even better with more power hand and higher senc rating. best of all only like 10 bucks more a sub! Another great brand of subs that pound like that for cheap is Audiopipe.... Audiopipe has subs from chepo ones that band to sq drivers and spl drivers as well as SQL drivers top of the line sub is like 250 retail for a 15" (not counting the pure spl model) never played with that one! I know that 2 MAX15D in a nice sice ported box tuned well will take 1000rms and shake the crap out of any car for less then 150 bucks for both subs!

Hello RPMSOUNDS,I was just curious after reading many of your posts in the past,what is your thoughts towards the entire Newer Lanzar Opti line of subwoofers?

If you have in fact heard them perform,do they come close in comparison to the Audiopipe TXX line of subwoofers?

I have heard the newer opti's and was very pleased by there performance.Just trying to replace an old school set of PG subs that have finally met there demise.

Plus,I will not be able to spend as much of my funds at this time on a more expensive set of subs due to financial restraints.Thanks for your reply ahead of time... - Matt

P.S...... The type of bass I am looking for is something on the line that will sound good for many types of music such as anything from rock,pop,hip-hop,R&B,country.

I guess I am simply wanting more of a SQL type sub.And as for the price I am willing to spend has to be in the $150.00 range per sub,and will not be wanting to spend anymore unless it is for shipping and handling.

New Post 03-18-2006 03:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mizat Click here to Send mizat a Private Message Find more posts by mizat Add mizat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-18-2006 by mizat
Hello RPMSOUNDS,I was just curious after reading many of your posts in the past,what is your thoughts towards the entire Newer Lanzar Opti line of subwoofers?

If you have in fact heard them perform,do they come close in comparison to the Audiopipe TXX line of subwoofers?

I have heard the newer opti's and was very pleased by there performance.Just trying to replace an old school set of PG subs that have finally met there demise.

Plus,I will not be able to spend as much of my funds at this time on a more expensive set of subs due to financial restraints.Thanks for your reply ahead of time... - Matt

P.S...... The type of bass I am looking for is something on the line that will sound good for many types of music such as anything from rock,pop,hip-hop,R&B,country.

I guess I am simply wanting more of a SQL type sub.And as for the price I am willing to spend has to be in the $150.00 range per sub,and will not be wanting to spend anymore unless it is for shipping and handling.

Hey Matt, I have found that the Lanzar line is a 50/50 mix I like the Max amps and subs as well as the max pro subs and anything opti. I have used all the Lanzar stuff and found that the other lanzar lines are ok for very buget but I would never use anything lower then the Vibe line. I myself think the Vibe is a step lower then the max line and then the opti being the top they make. Opti subs are great for the money but the real bang for the buck is the Max and Max pro subs. All 3 lines will play every time of music fine. Lets remember that the box design and porting freq will make or brake the bass more then the sub for the most part! Audiopipe is a great company too. Amps are not cheap but are some what under rated but then again they are not cheap and I would use a Opti amp first for the money! The voice speakers are great for the money I mean some of the best for people who do not want pure sq and not looking to spend any more then 100 bucks for a pair of 6x9 4 ways. I sell them over the Pioneers and Clarion all day when people hear them next to the other. I sell about 10 subs a week from Audiopipe and found to have my fav. ones to use. The TXX-AP (big eye candy) Kick ass for a sub that is cheaper then most subs on the market. I sell them for 200 bucks each all day long at the shop. Then the next step down in price that I found worth it is the TXX-C line. They get loud and play low... not as low as the TXX-AP but they are very nice and cheaper. After them comes the smaller eye candy subs and then for the big bang for the lowest cost I use the TS-OD line. They are the cheapest ones Audiopipe makes and I would call them the same as the Max subs. I am working on a custom system in an Integra using 1 TXX- AP 15" red sub powered by a Lanzar Opti 500x2 wired in 2ohm stereo and have to say it is loud as hell when dropped into a 3.25 cubic ft box tuned to 35hz. It is for a customer who playes everything like rap, tecno, rock, metal, country, and he even like to drive around with bass cds playing sometime. The one sub moves alot of air and hits low. I know the TXX-AP15 retails for around 250 each and I know you are looking to spend 150 if you want and can come up with a few more bucks I will ship you one from the shop for 225 shipped to anyplace in the US. Let me know if you need any more info or if I can help you in any other way.

New Post 03-19-2006 02:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AustinW

OK i think im goin to go ahead and get 2 max pro 15's but they say they can take 1000 watts rms and was wondering how much to put to them to make them loud ?

New Post 03-20-2006 03:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AustinW Click here to Send AustinW a Private Message Find more posts by AustinW Add AustinW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99oldsintrigue

hey rpm, can we talk about prices for 4 max pro 15''s? thanks.

New Post 03-20-2006 09:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 99oldsintrigue Click here to Send 99oldsintrigue a Private Message Find more posts by 99oldsintrigue Add 99oldsintrigue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mizat

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-19-2006 by RPMSOUNDS
Hey Matt, I have found that the Lanzar line is a 50/50 mix I like the Max amps and subs as well as the max pro subs and anything opti. I have used all the Lanzar stuff and found that the other lanzar lines are ok for very buget but I would never use anything lower then the Vibe line. I myself think the Vibe is a step lower then the max line and then the opti being the top they make. Opti subs are great for the money but the real bang for the buck is the Max and Max pro subs. All 3 lines will play every time of music fine. Lets remember that the box design and porting freq will make or brake the bass more then the sub for the most part! Audiopipe is a great company too. Amps are not cheap but are some what under rated but then again they are not cheap and I would use a Opti amp first for the money! The voice speakers are great for the money I mean some of the best for people who do not want pure sq and not looking to spend any more then 100 bucks for a pair of 6x9 4 ways. I sell them over the Pioneers and Clarion all day when people hear them next to the other. I sell about 10 subs a week from Audiopipe and found to have my fav. ones to use. The TXX-AP (big eye candy) Kick ass for a sub that is cheaper then most subs on the market. I sell them for 200 bucks each all day long at the shop. Then the next step down in price that I found worth it is the TXX-C line. They get loud and play low... not as low as the TXX-AP but they are very nice and cheaper. After them comes the smaller eye candy subs and then for the big bang for the lowest cost I use the TS-OD line. They are the cheapest ones Audiopipe makes and I would call them the same as the Max subs. I am working on a custom system in an Integra using 1 TXX- AP 15" red sub powered by a Lanzar Opti 500x2 wired in 2ohm stereo and have to say it is loud as hell when dropped into a 3.25 cubic ft box tuned to 35hz. It is for a customer who playes everything like rap, tecno, rock, metal, country, and he even like to drive around with bass cds playing sometime. The one sub moves alot of air and hits low. I know the TXX-AP15 retails for around 250 each and I know you are looking to spend 150 if you want and can come up with a few more bucks I will ship you one from the shop for 225 shipped to anyplace in the US. Let me know if you need any more info or if I can help you in any other way.

RPMSOUNDS, I really appreciate your detailed answers you give here in the forum,and this one was a big help for me.

I may be ready to purchase a new set of subs within the next few weeks,and the Audiopipes may be the ones I am going to buy.But then again,the Lanzar Max Pro's you mentioned,and the Opti's which I have heard are my other choices.

I also could not find the particular line of Lanzar amps you mentioned above on Lanzar's website,maybe I simply overlooked them.But I was able to come up with a pic below that may be the line you are referring to.

The reason I posted the pic was because I was curious if this is the line you mentioned above? And if so,how well do they perform? Any issues with them so far?

Well,like I said I am going for a budget minded setup and don't have alot of cash to throw around right now.So,thanks again for your reply ahead of time.. - MATT

New Post 03-21-2006 02:15 AM
RPMSOUNDS

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-21-2006 by mizat
RPMSOUNDS, I really appreciate your detailed answers you give here in the forum,and this one was a big help for me.

I may be ready to purchase a new set of subs within the next few weeks,and the Audiopipes may be the ones I am going to buy.But then again,the Lanzar Max Pro's you mentioned,and the Opti's which I have heard are my other choices.

I also could not find the particular line of Lanzar amps you mentioned above on Lanzar's website,maybe I simply overlooked them.But I was able to come up with a pic below that may be the line you are referring to.

The reason I posted the pic was because I was curious if this is the line you mentioned above? And if so,how well do they perform? Any issues with them so far?

Well,like I said I am going for a budget minded setup and don't have alot of cash to throw around right now.So,thanks again for your reply ahead of time.. - MATT

Yup thats the Max amp.... It works well for a budget amp with good quality but to run 4 max pro 15s you better look at a Lanzar Opti 2000d or something around that power range... I have tossed in 1000rms to 2 non pro versions for a almost a year now with no problem. Email me for my shop number and I can give you more help over the phone if you want.

New Post 03-21-2006 03:28 AM
mizat

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-21-2006 by RPMSOUNDS
Yup thats the Max amp.... It works well for a budget amp with good quality but to run 4 max pro 15s you better look at a Lanzar Opti 2000d or something around that power range... I have tossed in 1000rms to 2 non pro versions for a almost a year now with no problem. Email me for my shop number and I can give you more help over the phone if you want.

Thanks for the reply,I was not the one wanting the 4 Max Pro 15's,I believe that was 99oldsintrigue that wanted the info on those. LOL!

I for one am only looking to purchase two 12 inch subs for my vehicle,and they will more than likely be placed in a ported enclosure.

My vehicle that they will be installed into is my work car,a 1989 Oldsmobile Supreme.I really dont have tons of room to work with in that particular trunk,so just two subs will be what I am shooting for.Thanks again for your help. - MATT

New Post 03-21-2006 04:11 AM
defnyung

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-15-2006 by N2Audio
No, they're all owned by Sound Around.

There are a lot of brands in this industry (and many others for that matter) owned by the same parent company. That doesn't make each brand the same.

If you do a google search, you'll find that PyleAudio and Lanzar share the same business address. So it appears that Pyle makes Lanzar. PYLE AUDIO INC. 1600 63rd.Street Brooklyn N.Y. 11204 Contact Lanzar Inc.By Mail: 1600 63rd Street Brooklyn N.Y. 11204

New Post 03-22-2006 05:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for defnyung Click here to Send defnyung a Private Message Find more posts by defnyung Add defnyung to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting