Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > what do i use as a power source for neon tubes....
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chitown16

what do i use as a power source for neon tubes....

i wanted to put neon tubes in the footwell of the passenger and driver and i wanted to put some in the bakc seat as well as above my amps and subs but i dont wanna hook them into the cigarette lighter so what would be the easiest way to get power to them alos a way that wont affect my power too much do i get a dc inverter or what im clueless thanks for the help maybe someone can direct me to a demonstration so i can have details

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-15-2006 08:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chitown16 Click here to Send chitown16 a Private Message Find more posts by chitown16 Add chitown16 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GlowExplorer

RE: what do i use as a power source for neon tubes....

quote:
Originally posted on 03-15-2006 by chitown16
i wanted to put neon tubes in the footwell of the passenger and driver and i wanted to put some in the bakc seat as well as above my amps and subs but i dont wanna hook them into the cigarette lighter so what would be the easiest way to get power to them alos a way that wont affect my power too much do i get a dc inverter or what im clueless thanks for the help maybe someone can direct me to a demonstration so i can have details

Well the best way is to just hook them striaght up to the battery. If you didn't know that thoe I would have a car audio installer to do it for you so you dont mess up and short the car out and damage all those goodies.

New Post 03-27-2006 10:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GlowExplorer Click here to Send GlowExplorer a Private Message Find more posts by GlowExplorer Add GlowExplorer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhaze36

RE: what do i use as a power source for neon tubes....

quote:
Originally posted on 03-15-2006 by chitown16

You can get relays and switches. What I did in Madam Blue (feel free to check it out) is I used a 12 gauge power wire straight from the battery (fused of course) to my control panel.I also used a relay to regulate the power,It is also connected to that lead. Then I ran that lead to the + side of my first swich,then from the -side of that switch,I ran a lead to each + side of my other switches,thus providing a "main" switch to kill all lights at one time if so need be,Then From the - side of each switch I ran a 20 gauge wire to each light's positive side of the unit.(after cutting off the cigerette lighter plug in.)I grounded the - side of each unit within 12 inches of the unit. Hope this helps.

Btw I just redid a new panel in M.B. It is now in the roof of the car just above the visors,but the principle is the same.pix soon.

New Post 03-29-2006 08:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhaze36 Click here to Send Rhaze36 a Private Message Find more posts by Rhaze36 Add Rhaze36 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting