Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Pioneer P880-prs
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hammerhead

Pioneer P880-prs

I just got me A DEH P880-PRS to run my system. The rest of my gear consists of Boston Acustics pro 6 component and 5 for the front and rear doors im using a Alpine MRV-545 those. I have 2 JL Audio 10w7 in a custom cutthrough box. Im using 2 Alpine MRD-1005 one for each sub. Thats all for now.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-08-2006 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hammerhead Click here to Send hammerhead a Private Message Find more posts by hammerhead Add hammerhead to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mzjc

How do you like the 880PRS? I'm leaning towards this or the 780MP. How are the presets controled through the unit? Also, do you have SAT or iPod hooked up? I'd like to see some pictures of the display using SAT or iPod. The AUX is only located in the front, no rear AUX? Looking for some good info on this unit.

New Post 04-09-2006 11:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mzjc Click here to Send mzjc a Private Message Find more posts by mzjc Add mzjc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hammerhead

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-09-2006 by mzjc
How do you like the 880PRS? I'm leaning towards this or the 780MP. How are the presets controled through the unit? Also, do you have SAT or iPod hooked up? I'd like to see some pictures of the display using SAT or iPod. The AUX is only located in the front, no rear AUX? Looking for some good info on this unit.

This unit does it all. It has left and right graphic EQ. Im just looking to get Sirus. Yes the Aux is on the fron only. I only used it for the Mic that comes with it for Auto EQ. I like the white OLED display. Thers is a bunch of stuff im still learning how to operate. What do you think about my SUB AMP combo I wastold this will hit hard.

New Post 04-09-2006 02:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hammerhead Click here to Send hammerhead a Private Message Find more posts by hammerhead Add hammerhead to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ryan21

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-11-2006 by KickerKitty
Went down to the local Premier dealer today, saw the 880PRS and 780MP first hand. Display on the 780MP is nice and all, but overall I honestly think the 880PRS is a better value and pulls off the classy look so well. Just my two cents. It also had a few features the 780 lacked.

kicker kitty, what do you think of the DEH-P980BT 2006, i am thinking about this one, seems to have the same options as the 880prs but with the new looks and display. Any suggestions. Also what else would i need to link these to amps/processors. I am looking for amp/processor control from the front seat. Any idea's man?

New Post 04-11-2006 05:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan21 Click here to Send Ryan21 a Private Message Find more posts by Ryan21 Add Ryan21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

Thanks for the info Kicker.

New Post 04-11-2006 05:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loumill

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-11-2006 by KickerKitty
Unless you are a rampant audiophile, (not to say the 980bt is bad, but the PRS has more options, its the only 2006 deck with pro mode), or unless you're trying to match other PRS components (my two PRS amps), you will probably be happier with the 980BT, it's a beautiful deck, the display is AMAZING, I have never seen anything like it. I would take it over any Eclipse or Alpine deck available. As far as linking, they all use Pioneer's IP bus system, so you have definate options there. I would say go for it.

980 would be for a gadget junkie withthe built in Bluetooth, the 880 has left and right 16 band eq for the audio junkie, plus as stated it looks like a deck.

New Post 04-14-2006 01:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for loumill Click here to Send loumill a Private Message Find more posts by loumill Add loumill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ryan21

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-17-2006 by KickerKitty
My 880PRS is in, and after three days, I can say this is the most amazing piece of car audio hardware I have ever seen in my life. It does absolutely everything, and does it flawlessly. I'm in awe of this deck and doubt seriously that any decks will surpass it for a long time, no joke, it's that good. I could go on for days, but the customization is incredible. A few of the things that impress me: it can set a soundstage anywhere you want in your car within half an inch, BY ITSELF! What's more, it can play the dirtiest MP3 compression and it sound crystal clear. Just an amazing deck, definately consider this one if you are looking for a high end deck! It has replaced the 25th Anniversary Excelon as my favorite deck of all time.

Sounds awsome, where is a good place to buy the 2006 models?

New Post 04-17-2006 09:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan21 Click here to Send Ryan21 a Private Message Find more posts by Ryan21 Add Ryan21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimmyjam

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-17-2006 by Ryan21
Sounds awsome, where is a good place to buy the 2006 models?

DITTO lookin for the 980BT

New Post 04-17-2006 03:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jimmyjam Click here to Send jimmyjam a Private Message Find more posts by jimmyjam Add jimmyjam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mzjc

For those that have the 880PRS. This is the HU I plan on getting, so here's my questions. I have XM (GEX-910, upgrading to the 920 soon) and plan on getting the CD-IB100II iPod interface, these can daisy chain together right, and I'll be able to just change the source from Tuner - XM - iPod I assume? Next question, If I want to get Sirius also, would it be possible to daisy chain the GEX-920, IB100II and the SIR-PNR1 (or PNR2) together and use Source to switch between Tuner - XM - Sirius -iPod? or would I have to get a Plug & Play Sirius Tuner and hook it to the front AUX connection?

New Post 04-17-2006 05:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mzjc Click here to Send mzjc a Private Message Find more posts by mzjc Add mzjc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimmyjam

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-17-2006 by KickerKitty
I bought my 880PRS on Ebay from a seller in Texas that had two. Cost me only $330 shipped, I would have paid twice that for this deck. Just find a reputable seller and go Ebay, I have good experiences with Ebay, just don't buy from Indoaudio!

From what I understand after reading through my manual, you will be able to select from the menu, XM, Sirius, and Ipod. The Ipod hooks into the microjack on the bottm edge of the faceplate usually, I am not sure of other ways to control it. Hope this helps. Oh, and the new Pioneer Ipod interface is actually worth it now, before it kinda sucked.

DITTO ABOUT INDOAUDIO. i had mad beef with them. lying sons of bitches. they also go by AMERICANAUDIO.

on my pioneer deck yeah you piggyback the IPBus add-ons, and yeah you can have like 5 of them in series and they're all individual sources. on mine you can have both xm and sirius as seperate sources.

New Post 04-17-2006 09:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jimmyjam Click here to Send jimmyjam a Private Message Find more posts by jimmyjam Add jimmyjam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seanvangster

What about Indoaudio?

About Indoaudio??? I havent brought stuff from them...but my brother did.. He brought 2 12W6s from them about 2 weeks ago..and havent heard shit from them..email them twice and they said its back order..didnt refund money..also told my brother to wait another week before they can get back to him..otherwise email I dont know if my brother is screwed...but i order the DEH-780MP fro a ebay seller (sonic Extronix) and they shipped it the same day

New Post 04-28-2006 05:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seanvangster Click here to Send seanvangster a Private Message Find more posts by seanvangster Add seanvangster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hammerhead

RE: What about Indoaudio?

quote:
Originally posted on 04-28-2006 by seanvangster
About Indoaudio??? I havent brought stuff from them...but my brother did.. He brought 2 12W6s from them about 2 weeks ago..and havent heard shit from them..email them twice and they said its back order..didnt refund money..also told my brother to wait another week before they can get back to him..otherwise email I dont know if my brother is screwed...but i order the DEH-780MP fro a ebay seller (sonic Extronix) and they shipped it the same day

I think after 10 days you can dispute it on Ebay.

New Post 04-28-2006 09:56 AM
loumill

quote:

I have ordered a lot from Sonic in the past and never had problems, but I suggest if possible, buy from a local indy shop. Nothing beats face to face PR with some in the business for the love of car audio. Plus it is real easy not to get screwed, you give them money and they give you product.

New Post 04-28-2006 10:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for loumill Click here to Send loumill a Private Message Find more posts by loumill Add loumill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimmyjam

quote:

I've got one negative feedback on my ebay account, its from indoaudio, same thing happened, they lied to me saying it would be shipped out the next day, a week later it still hadn't shipped. i told them either give me a refund or I'll just go through my credit card company. they gave me my money after that. but when I left them negative feedback for being douchebags they let me negative feedback also, what a bunch of assholes.

New Post 04-28-2006 11:08 AM
2000civicSQ

hah well i ordered my sub amp from them JBL BPX500.1 i dunno if maybe they take a year to ship for jl but it took them a week and a half before they even shipped my amp and i paid with paypal. but i got it and it was as described so i guess i just got lucky =O

New Post 06-16-2006 01:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2000civicSQ Click here to Send 2000civicSQ a Private Message Find more posts by 2000civicSQ Add 2000civicSQ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting