Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Your Opinion
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BizzB44

Your Opinion

I don’t really know that much about stereo systems, at least not as much as some of the people on here, but I’m trying to learn. You’ve got to start somewhere =). I’ve been reading threads and post on this site for quite some time now to better my understanding of system. There seems to be quite a bit of people that are very knowledge able on this site and I would like your opinions. Ok well, I have been working on putting together a system although I don’t know what speakers I should get for the front and the rear of my car(preferrably component). I have a 72 Buick skylark, that I should have pictures of within the month, and I’m rebuilding the engine along with installing a sound system. I bought these a while back: 2 kicker S7’s (http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/downlow/img1018668845.jpeg) Kicker 1200.1 (http://caraudiosecurity.gr/Pics/Products/BIG/B_274.JPG) Kicker 350.4 (http://images.cardomain.net/products/kic/KIC04KX3502_1.jpg) I’m looking for a good equalizer (again, I don’t know what’s a good EQ for the money) I would also like to know if there is anything you would suggest that I add.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-21-2006 04:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BizzB44 Click here to Send BizzB44 a Private Message Find more posts by BizzB44 Add BizzB44 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chaderboxlipp

if your just starting an EQ is LAST on the list.
for one, an eq in beginners hands is very bad.
start out spending $ on some good fronts and an amp to run them.

New Post 04-21-2006 04:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chaderboxlipp Click here to Send chaderboxlipp a Private Message Find more posts by chaderboxlipp Add chaderboxlipp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slayer666

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-21-2006 by chaderboxlipp
if your just starting an EQ is LAST on the list.
for one, an eq in beginners hands is very bad.
start out spending $ on some good fronts and an amp to run them.

X2, I own a EQ, but I've waited five years before buying one. Personaly, I would begin by choosing
1-Good HU
2-Front Components
3-amp for Components
4-Subs/Amp
Getting an EQ is more like the final step or addon you can do, You first need to learn how to listen the sound system instead of listening the music (To be able to detect the imperfections in the sound reproduction, Image, Staging). When the imaging/staging of the system will be done, and you want to get more SQ then you buy a Equalizer. But just because you ask it I suggest you this one: Clarion EQS746, Check in my Gallery I've got some pics and info(click my face)
Here's a link where you can get an idea of the price and specs
pricehttp://cgi.ebay.ca/CLARION-EQS746-EQS-746-7-Band-Equalizer-NEW_W0QQitemZ9707759328QQcategoryZ79841QQcmdZViewItem

New Post 04-21-2006 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Slayer666 Click here to Send Slayer666 a Private Message Find more posts by Slayer666 Add Slayer666 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BizzB44

What kind of speakers

I'm new to the brands and such. Ive installed systems before but they were bare bones systems. For example: HU, Subs, Amps, Box, and Wires. They sounded great for what was installed but I was wanting more for my system. Thats why I've been reading books and such. One good book I've come across was 'High Proformance Car Stereo' by Joe Pettitt. I was wondering since it wasnt a good idea to go with an EQ then what about a crossover. I've been reading about both of them and I understand how both work. I was going to use this site for touble shooting if i ran into problems. I have a HU it an Kenwood KDC-x889 (((http://www.audio4cheap.com/customer/product.php?productid=17062))) theres some specs on it. I would like to know What speakers I should use for the front and the back pair. I was thinking component up front and 2-way in the back. I just dont know what brand is a good quality and reliable. Yeah, I would also need to buy another amp.

New Post 04-23-2006 01:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BizzB44 Click here to Send BizzB44 a Private Message Find more posts by BizzB44 Add BizzB44 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting