Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > What Kind's of Rides Do You Have?
Go Back Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
meanman101

What Kind's of Rides Do You Have?

Just wonderin' what you all drive and thump in? I have an Eclipse GT that I'm trying to get a system into. Main obstical is $$$. I bet some of you out their know were Im commin from.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-17-2003 10:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for meanman101 Click here to Send meanman101 a Private Message Find more posts by meanman101 Add meanman101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1974vwbeetle

I have a beetle wiht custom interior and some neon lights i am puttin a systam in it after i get teh carbs replaced and tranny fixed and the snow melts so i can drive again.

New Post 01-28-2003 09:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1974vwbeetle Click here to Send 1974vwbeetle a Private Message Find more posts by 1974vwbeetle Add 1974vwbeetle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meanman101

What year is your bug? The new ones are very impressive. I couldnt beleive they come in turbo. I seen your other post about having your subs in back seat or as the back seat. Have you posted pics of it at CarDomain?

New Post 01-28-2003 11:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for meanman101 Click here to Send meanman101 a Private Message Find more posts by meanman101 Add meanman101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1974vwbeetle

its old 1974 i built it pretty much from the ground up it has a engine twice as big as stock and quad exhaust it has been loweered 2-3 inches all custom interior ,fiberglass dash and front kickpanels i added a custom cosole and so much neon i am kinda stoked on the neon right now i just luv every car i see with neon. i am gettin new rims now and replacing hte tranny cause i blew it. no pics yet but there will be soon as i pull it outa the garage again. cause it is not running now for some reason.

New Post 01-30-2003 04:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1974vwbeetle Click here to Send 1974vwbeetle a Private Message Find more posts by 1974vwbeetle Add 1974vwbeetle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gankojiji

I drive a 1991 Astrovan. It is the ultimate pimp ride, and I know you all are jealous as hell lol. It seats 2, and has a great stock premium soundsystem with (8) 15 inch subs. I love the new Delcos! If you sit just right, you can even feel the bass!!!

New Post 02-18-2003 02:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gankojiji Click here to Send Gankojiji a Private Message Find more posts by Gankojiji Add Gankojiji to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swiggdilly

Beatin up the skreet

Acura 3.2 type S - 2 JL 10w3's, Phoenix XS6600, JL XR series separates (3 sets), audio Control EQL Sony HU. Also - Dodge Dakota with a slammin factory tape deck. 1962 Impala, 396 cu motor, racing cam, Eldebrock headers & 4 barrel carb, took out the two pc drive shaft, cut the frame support and fit in a lengthened straight Corvette drive shaft, rebuilt rear end - no idea what it does in the 1/4 mile, but it'll peel your eye lids open!

New Post 02-18-2003 02:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for swiggdilly Click here to Send swiggdilly a Private Message Find more posts by swiggdilly Add swiggdilly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meanman101

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-18-2003 by Gankojiji
I drive a 1991 Astrovan. It is the ultimate pimp ride, and I know you all are jealous as hell lol. It seats 2, and has a great stock premium soundsystem with (8) 15 inch subs. I love the new Delcos! If you sit just right, you can even feel the bass!!!

(8)15"s, daaaaaamn, Im suprised that your van hasnt imploded on you. You got any pics set up?

New Post 02-18-2003 03:42 PM
Gankojiji

Astro coupe

No pics yet. I am actively installing the system now. I have about 130 hours in it, and I have the 280 lbs (25 gallons)of sound deadening, rewrapped the dash, upholstered and carpeted the floor, and have the "double diamond" box face (it measures 32x60 w/o the ports. It will be walled out). I am shooting to have it done before May in time for my little brother's graduation from high school. The problem is I will be receiving an Apocalypse sub from Adire in May (hopefully), and it will bitchslap all (8) 15s that are going in now. Oh, well. You live, learn, and go broke in the process. If you want more specs on the install: (1) US Amps USA 2000 (2) US Amps 400x (recently changed from 600x's) (8) Dayton Audio 15" DVC subs (2" p-p excursion) (3) Adire Audio Koda 6.1 components (3) Accele monitors, (2) 7", (1) 5" w/ rear view CCD camera, Play station, VCR, 500 MHz CPU with programable fan controllers, Panasonic head unit (hasn't been released yet for 2003), (3) Accele alarms, 200+ amp alternator (trtying to work a deal with Ohio Generator), a couple of batteries, linear actuators will be designed into it as well. I will be constructing a center and overhead console, and rebuilding the door panels when it gets a little warmer. This will be the demo vehicle for my business when it is done. Right now there is 2 feet of snow on my van right now, and I don't really feel like freezing again, so I will take a couple days off. If you have any interest in seeing the "work in progress", I can have some of the pictures digitized (I will be buying a digital camera soon). And meanman, if you want, I can send you some other stuff I have done in Maine as well. You will be the first to see it. I will hopefully have my website up by then, and I will publish pictures there and on the SPLbassX site (thanks again, by the way).

New Post 02-18-2003 07:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gankojiji Click here to Send Gankojiji a Private Message Find more posts by Gankojiji Add Gankojiji to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swiggdilly

Sounds Pretty pimp

Go for it dude. definately get that digital - Canon makes a good and inexpensive one - plenty of "mega pixels" :)Post some pics. Are you going to go with any digital sound processors or EQ's or both?

New Post 02-19-2003 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for swiggdilly Click here to Send swiggdilly a Private Message Find more posts by swiggdilly Add swiggdilly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gankojiji

I have a Yamaha DSP-A3090 Dolby Digital receiver I no longer use in my home theater that I was thinking about using for soundfield processing, if I can match up the line-level impedences. That way, I can keep everything as optical as possible without dropping a rediculous amount of money on a 12V unit. As far as EQs, I am leaning towards the Aleses MEQ-230. It was a favorite a couple years ago in IASCA (early '90s), and all I have to do is step down the car voltage to about 1.85 volts. But I will only add the EQ if I really need it. With (8) 15s, proper imaging will probably go the way of the Dodo, but I will try. Thanks for the advice on the digital, I will go check them out. A friend of mine works at Radioshack, and he can get me a Kodak 4.0 megapixel camera for about $300. Are these good cameras, and is that a good price? Don't know a whole lot about cameras.

New Post 02-19-2003 08:42 AM
swiggdilly

Man electronics are about the same, no matter what you're buying. I mentioned the Canon because it sure as heck doesn't cost $300 and works well. It is very durable. I now work on board large commercial trade ships and have to climb in and out of holds taking photos of damaged areas. The "CF" card that stores the images can be plugged into a CF reader that can be picked up for about $30 and comes with the imaging software. It just plugs into any USB port. You can even plug the camera directly into the PC via a USB, but I like the CF reader better. Your choice though. If you want to buy from your buddy, see if you can get a better price. Digital are generally cheaper, but getting professional grade printed pictures is where you'll spend $$. Most people don't take digitals to frame or print though. Most are emailed or web posted. If you have a MAC then the camera you buy will be truly "plug and play" - no drivers/software needed.

New Post 02-19-2003 11:22 AM
Gankojiji

How much SHOULD I spend on a Cannon? I am not a computer geek by any means (I limit myself to one realm of geekdom). I figure as long as I can get 3.0 megapixel resolution, I should be fine. I like to blow images up without having them get too screwed up, especially when I am looking for flaws in my own work. If I can do this for $200 or less with a Cannon, I will be very happy. I have heard a lot of good things about Cannon, and I didn't mean to make it sound as though I dismissed the notion of researching Cannon. I research new products to a fault before I spend money on them, and I appreciate the recommendation. I will be going out this weekend to look at cameras and scanners. I like to see and hold things before I buy them, so I will probably look at them this weekend, and buy them online. Should be interesting. Once I get a digital recording device, I will post pics of my eventually-will-be-pimp Astro coupe somewhere. Thanks for the info!

New Post 02-19-2003 01:07 PM
Gankojiji

Swigg, you are my hero. I bought a 2 Megapixel camera this weekend (it uses XD flash). It's pretty cool. Unfortunately, now I have to get my other pics digitized ($$). But now I can take digital pics of my work. Now I am happy.

New Post 02-24-2003 05:34 PM
Gankojiji

Pics posted

Ok, I have a few pics posted on another forum. http://renegadesrun.hyperboards2.com/index.cgi?board=rides&action=display&num=1047168692. Check out the forum over there, it's a good one, and check out my work in progress. I have pics of the framed out face of the enclosure, and the initial fitting of the ports. There will be more pics soon, I am hoping to have a testable enclosure within 2 weeks, and I will be hooking up the box in a local movie theater for the sound test. Enjoy the pics.

New Post 03-09-2003 12:32 PM
tweeter

1955 Ford F100

My ride is a 1955 F100 with a Pontiac 400BB. I am pushin about 400 HP. Alpine CDA-9815, Infinity Kappa 693.5i 3way 6x9's, 63.5i's 3way 6.5x6.5, 10.5t 1" dome tweeters, Basslink X, Profile 600watt 4 channel amp and a Hiwave digital 1 farad capacitor. As time goes on it can only get better.

New Post 05-25-2003 03:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tweeter Click here to Send tweeter a Private Message Find more posts by tweeter Add tweeter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting