Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > window tint question
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
99oldsintrigue

window tint question

Ok im about to tint my windows with 2.5%, but the back window has defroster lines on the inside, will this melt or make the tint bubble up? im gonna have to cut around the third brake lite also. My question is, will the defroster fuck it up?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-09-2006 08:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 99oldsintrigue Click here to Send 99oldsintrigue a Private Message Find more posts by 99oldsintrigue Add 99oldsintrigue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrwigglezdj

RE: window tint question

quote:
Originally posted on 05-09-2006 by 99oldsintrigue
Ok im about to tint my windows with 2.5%, but the back window has defroster lines on the inside, will this melt or make the tint bubble up? im gonna have to cut around the third brake lite also. My question is, will the defroster fuck it up?

it shouldnt but when you remove the soap/water from behind the tint after puting it on be extra careful not to snag the squese on the lines which could cause a tear in the tint but other wise it sould be fine (many if not most have them lines on the window and most get tinted with out a problem just take it nice and slow and youll be ok

New Post 05-09-2006 08:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99oldsintrigue

alright cool, i think as long as i keep the stroke horizontal along the lines it will be fine. I have to get a squegee then ill start it. Which do you think i should do, all the side windows, or the two rear windows and the rear windshield?

New Post 05-09-2006 10:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 99oldsintrigue Click here to Send 99oldsintrigue a Private Message Find more posts by 99oldsintrigue Add 99oldsintrigue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrwigglezdj

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-09-2006 by 99oldsintrigue
alright cool, i think as long as i keep the stroke horizontal along the lines it will be fine. I have to get a squegee then ill start it. Which do you think i should do, all the side windows, or the two rear windows and the rear windshield?

2 rear and rear windshild and then do a slightly lighter tint on the front windows

New Post 05-10-2006 04:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99oldsintrigue

i got 5% on the two fronts done so far, just started.

New Post 05-10-2006 08:00 PM
99oldsintrigue

done Click to enlarge. Click to enlarge.

New Post 05-10-2006 11:13 PM
mrwigglezdj

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-10-2006 by 99oldsintrigue
done Click to enlarge. Click to enlarge.

congrats it looks great from here

New Post 05-11-2006 08:13 AM
Puppeterr

mind if we look at the back window, heat shrinkin is a bitch go dry and it will look great for six months with GILA :-P.........then its Purple as a mutha.....

New Post 05-17-2006 06:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Puppeterr Click here to Send Puppeterr a Private Message Find more posts by Puppeterr Add Puppeterr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99oldsintrigue

I didnt do the back window, im gonna have it done professionally for $50. The tint on the windows fucked up, it got dry and rolled up, i pulled it off, gonna try with different tint. Oh and it was GILA..

New Post 05-17-2006 05:51 PM
mrwigglezdj

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-17-2006 by 99oldsintrigue
I didnt do the back window, im gonna have it done professionally for $50. The tint on the windows fucked up, it got dry and rolled up, i pulled it off, gonna try with different tint. Oh and it was GILA..

i used home window tint on my windows lol and it worked great and still stuck to the glass as of today

New Post 05-17-2006 07:15 PM
Slayer666

I've had to remove the tint of my front side windows (5%, or black limo if you prefer) the cop tolds me that it shouldn't be under 30% in the front door. No tint limitations on the other glasses.

New Post 05-20-2006 09:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Slayer666 Click here to Send Slayer666 a Private Message Find more posts by Slayer666 Add Slayer666 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crazy4bass

In minnesota the tint limitation for the front 2 windows is like 50%, i had it around 35% i think, and the cop told me to take it off. pretty hefty fine, too, about 140 bucks or something.. thats almost the same as a 20 over in a 55 speeding ticket! and i had my windows rolled down! lol dang state troopers...

New Post 05-22-2006 07:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for crazy4bass Click here to Send crazy4bass a Private Message Find more posts by crazy4bass Add crazy4bass to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slayer666

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-22-2006 by crazy4bass
In minnesota the tint limitation for the front 2 windows is like 50%, i had it around 35% i think, and the cop told me to take it off. pretty hefty fine, too, about 140 bucks or something.. thats almost the same as a 20 over in a 55 speeding ticket! and i had my windows rolled down! lol dang state troopers...

That kind of restriction is stupid, we spent money on window tint (to hide my stuff, and no A/C in my car) and we get ticketed for that. Now it's past don't want to spent more money in that, I had the job done twice. Pretty frustrating. Now I put this money on audio gear, like my new tweeters (audiopipe NTC-1525, 150 watts rms)

New Post 05-22-2006 07:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Slayer666 Click here to Send Slayer666 a Private Message Find more posts by Slayer666 Add Slayer666 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99sierra

yeah the tint laws are shit as far as i see it. i understand the reasoning for it, but here in central louisiana, its easy as hell to get a tint excuse from a doctor...and most of the big time drug dealers etc. have connections with doctors and can get one in no time. i have 5% on the back and forced to get 40% on the front. maybe a tint job should come with a background check, eh?

New Post 05-29-2006 05:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 99sierra Click here to Send 99sierra a Private Message Find more posts by 99sierra Add 99sierra to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

that is one law i never got. who are you hurting. sure you dont want anyone to see in your car, and keep it clean. then think if you didnt want the cops to pull you over at all then would you stop if the cops were going to pull you over at all? i mean it is stupid, i think there shouldnt be a limit on tint. the other one is squealing your tires, it is a 6 or 8 piont ticket, which is stupid, that is as much as a 20 over ticket.

New Post 05-31-2006 07:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting