Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > why wont my amp work?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
whatafool

why wont my amp work?

i have a sony xplod 760 watt amplifier and with 2 10 inch 400 watt woofers and i cant get the amplifier to turn on. here is a picture of the amplifier: http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-XPLOD-XM-1902GX-760-WATT-2-CHANNEL-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ9723571347QQcategoryZ39738QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem i connected a 12v car battery to it,hooked up a woofer,put a cd player to the input and it wouldnt work. i was trying to find out if there is a way to turn it on and i found that you are supposed to hook a romote(kicker) wire to it. will the amp not work unless i have a remote wire hooked up to it? is there a way to bypass the remote wire so the amp would work without having to hook up a remote wire to it?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-12-2006 08:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for whatafool Click here to Send whatafool a Private Message Find more posts by whatafool Add whatafool to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrwigglezdj

RE: why wont my amp work?

quote:
Originally posted on 05-12-2006 by whatafool
i have a sony xplod 760 watt amplifier and with 2 10 inch 400 watt woofers and i cant get the amplifier to turn on. here is a picture of the amplifier: http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-XPLOD-XM-1902GX-760-WATT-2-CHANNEL-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ9723571347QQcategoryZ39738QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem i connected a 12v car battery to it,hooked up a woofer,put a cd player to the input and it wouldnt work. i was trying to find out if there is a way to turn it on and i found that you are supposed to hook a romote(kicker) wire to it. will the amp not work unless i have a remote wire hooked up to it? is there a way to bypass the remote wire so the amp would work without having to hook up a remote wire to it?

the Remote has to be hooked up and there should be one off of the cd player normaly a solid blue wire is the remote, and if you dont want to use the raido remote jump a wire from the positive connection on the amp (where you put the + wire at) to the remote loaction on the amp BUT the only down side to doing this is that the amp will stay on at all times the main power wire is connected to a 12volt power source so i would recomend hooking the remote thru the cd player so the amp will turn on and off with the head unit

New Post 05-12-2006 08:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
abahnbump

if your not hooking it up in a car and just hooking it up to see if it works run a piece of speaker wire from the rmt (remote wire terminal) to the power wire of the amp it will work just make sure to unplug that or it wont turn off

New Post 05-12-2006 09:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for abahnbump Click here to Send abahnbump a Private Message Find more posts by abahnbump Add abahnbump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whatafool

ok i hooked the remote wire to the + 12v input and it worked.thanks for the help :D.but i have a couple more questions.when i tried the woofers they werent as loud as i thought they would be,is this because i dont have the box yet?also when i bought these woofers there were 3 woofers and 1 amp.the 2 sony xplod woofers go with the amp and the other woofer is a kenwood 600 watt.what i was thinking is that i would buy a big box and put the two sony xplod woofers and amp in the trunk and i would buy a 600 watt amp and put the kenwood woofer and amp in a little box that i would put in the middle seat in the back.does this sound like it is a good way to arrange the woofers?oh and do i put the amps in the box with the woofers or outside of the box?

New Post 05-12-2006 10:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for whatafool Click here to Send whatafool a Private Message Find more posts by whatafool Add whatafool to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whatafool

anyone know? /\ /\ /\

New Post 05-13-2006 07:16 AM
abahnbump

yeah the 2 sonys in the back and the kenwood would work but dont put the amps in the box it gets put outside then run speaker wire to the box terminal then wire from the terminal to the speaker if you run 2 amps buy a bigger gauge wire then run that to a distribution block then run 2 wires off that to power each amp just the the rca cable from the deck to one amp then from that amp to the other amp then take the rmt wire from the deck to the 1st amp and from that amp to the next it would be easier to put the amps next to each other and run speaker wire to the other kenwood in the seat if you need more help just ask id be glad to help

New Post 05-13-2006 01:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for abahnbump Click here to Send abahnbump a Private Message Find more posts by abahnbump Add abahnbump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrwigglezdj

and the amp isnt as big as the subs can take so maybe look at a bigger amp or bigger subs and better amps ?...

New Post 05-13-2006 02:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting