Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Your Opinion about the 12L7
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pickler

Your Opinion about the 12L7

Im pretty set on getting 2 with a Hifonics 1606D amp. Do you guys like the L7? and have you heard anything really negative on it? Im just looking for some comparisons. Also, Ported or sealed?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-16-2006 10:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pickler Click here to Send pickler a Private Message Find more posts by pickler Add pickler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2theXtReMe

Chek it out

Well ya man those Hifonics Amps arent really good. Ive blown 3 of them so far 2 were the Hifonics Brutus and 1 was the Hifonics 2006 Titan i was using these on my 2 l7s at the time. you can almost boil an egg on them. They arent a very stable amp use a 2000 watt proacoustic amplifier, Thats what i used. I Now have 4 Kicker L7 12's with only one 2000 watt Proacoustic from when i was only with 2. i needa get another amp. but just thought id let you kno

New Post 05-25-2006 01:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2theXtReMe Click here to Send 2theXtReMe a Private Message Find more posts by 2theXtReMe Add 2theXtReMe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

rockford fosgate power t10001bd, perfect amp for those subs. now about the L7 it can handle massive amounts of power, but like 1100 watts to one in a ported boc isnt a good idea. i would put them in ported though.

New Post 05-25-2006 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
djphrost

RE: Your Opinion about the 12L7

quote:
Originally posted on 05-16-2006 by pickler
Im pretty set on getting 2 with a Hifonics 1606D amp. Do you guys like the L7? and have you heard anything really negative on it? Im just looking for some comparisons. Also, Ported or sealed?

I posted in another thread but can't find it to copy paste. I talked to a kicker auth dealer and he said the sq on the L7s weren't good at all because they were too LOUD. He said the L5s weren't much better with sq but have better sq than L7s. This being from a dealer that carries only Kicker and Memphis and some RF. So he's not baised against Kicker. He loves it.

New Post 05-25-2006 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for djphrost Click here to Send djphrost a Private Message Find more posts by djphrost Add djphrost to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pickler

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-25-2006 by 9oh7
rockford fosgate power t10001bd, perfect amp for those subs. now about the L7 it can handle massive amounts of power, but like 1100 watts to one in a ported boc isnt a good idea. i would put them in ported though.

that t2001bd is a littlf over my budget. i was looking for more in the price range of the 1606d

New Post 05-25-2006 10:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pickler Click here to Send pickler a Private Message Find more posts by pickler Add pickler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LeofromtheH

well solobarics were never known to be sq drivers. although ive seen someone win countless sq awards with them. they have sq in the right enclosure.
as for an amp; the new 06 L7s can take atleast 1000 watts each daily, so don't be scared to give em the juice

New Post 05-25-2006 11:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LeofromtheH Click here to Send LeofromtheH a Private Message Find more posts by LeofromtheH Add LeofromtheH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KickerBoy

GOTTA LOVE THE L7

L7 man all the way i have one 12 inch in my truck and shit its pounds man check my ride

New Post 05-25-2006 05:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KickerBoy Click here to Send KickerBoy a Private Message Find more posts by KickerBoy Add KickerBoy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pickler

im not getting the 06 ones.
im buying this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5522.html#specs and ill end up building/buying a good ported box later. But those are the 04s and they need about 750 to each and i cant seem 2 find a good reliable amp for them.

edit: and kickerboy, what kind of amp do u got running towards your L7 and what size is it and what kind of box do you have?

New Post 05-25-2006 05:45 PM
9oh7

rockford fosgate t3002 will push those subs at 1 ohm great. ok let see it is 850 watts rms at 2 ohm bridged. so lets see i was running it at 1 ohm, so proably about 1400-1600 watts rms, and you can find them for about 300 bucks.

New Post 05-25-2006 05:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting