Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > I just bumped a can over the rail
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rhaze36

I just bumped a can over the rail

Bad news yall,I have to sell M.B. to help with some very unexpected expenses that came up and to cover my next project as well.I am closing my shop and clearing out a lot of stuff here.So the first 4,000 gets Madam Blue,5,000 with the duallies,and I just added a pioneer p 9300 in it and it's awsome!! It changed everything about my system so drastically,I was amazed! I dont have any videos yet, but it knocked a soda can from off the roof OVER the luggage rack!! I didnt know that just upgrading my HU would do that!The excursion is simply amazing as well.I think I can compete now in spl as well as sql,However she must go.With the single carb on her she went on a 2000 mile trip with only 4.5 tanks of gas!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-22-2006 08:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhaze36 Click here to Send Rhaze36 a Private Message Find more posts by Rhaze36 Add Rhaze36 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
frpower

Ralph iam very sorry to here that, i hope everything goes well for you,and wish you good luck with your future projects,you are a very talented fabricator and a great person,take care and keep us posted.

New Post 05-22-2006 09:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for frpower Click here to Send frpower a Private Message Find more posts by frpower Add frpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhaze36

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-22-2006 by frpower
Ralph iam very sorry to here that, i hope everything goes well for you,and wish you good luck with your future projects,you are a very talented fabricator and a great person,take care and keep us posted.

Thanx my friend.

This afternoon,everyone in the hood asked why I am closing down.
2 reasons.
One,I have been feeling rather weak lately and have been on the down side after coming back from Vacation.At first I thought it was just from being on the road all that time and not getting proper rest (I am getting up there in age ya know LOL)
Well,I went to the doc Friday to see what was up.I am currently still being tested but it looks like I suffered a very small heart attack Saturday before lastWhile I was in Perdido beach, and didnt even know it.(Thought it was gas)I didnt know they can detect something like that epecially after that long of time.
Anyways,Me being over weight and up in age along with all the disabilties that I have.(and stuberness),I didnt realize it myself.So I have to kinda take it easy for awhile.And since I dont have much money nor a very good health plan (part of being poor ya know?)I gotta start planning on doing other things that can do me beneficially.

Number 2.I'm still gonna do my own project.A 1977 Toyota Celica that I found a while back.The kind that looks like a Mustang Mach II.But I wont be taking any customers for a while untill I get back in shape.I have to slow down for a while then start working on loosing weight and toneing up after I give my heart a chance to heal (thats the best way I can explain it.)
Since I am finished with Madam Blue, I would like to sell her to start the Celica.I cant work 20 hours a day anymore, nor can I take on any extra work in my shop due to the extra stress. So The easiest way I can do it would be to sell M.B (In the hopes that whoever buys her will truely maintain her in the fashion that I have done)and carry on her style in the Celica.
I look at M.B. as a work of art for the common person.(Others might not, but I do)
And a work of art needs to be shared.Whether its a high dollar piece of art, or a simple piece. So I would like to sell it to someone who would really appreciate it.

Meanwhile,since I have to slow down,It doesnt mean I gotta stop! I will continue to "play with my old cars" LOL.Just not so hard LOL.

Ok, Now for the story of the Celica. Before I went on Vacation,I was in the junkyard looking for some parts for someone when I turned around and saw The Celica. That is one of the 5 cars that I have allways wanted! I stopped what I was doing and immediantly went over and looked at it.

It looked like it was just brought into the yard. There was no dents on it whatsover. I looked into the interior and it was slap full of old books and newspapers and such So I couldnt get a good look at the interior very well untill I removed some of it.The interior was 100% there and it was just dry rotted.No damage whatso ever.Even the factory 8track player is in it.I looked at some of the papers and mags and find that everything was dated 1983,Hmm I then went to the engine compartment and nothing was "jerry Rigged" You know, nothing was cut and rewired or rerigged where something would work.Everything was in factory shape,even the battery was factory.It said Toyota on it!!.

I thought oh my god what have I found? I then looked at the tires and they were the old 2 plys that they dont even make anymore.Dry rotted and no good but still on it.So I went to the man about it and asked how much.He said, "Ralph,I know you collect old Toys and this came in yesturday (friday)and I was gonna call you,but you came here before I could, So I'll sell it to you for 200.00 Dollars".

Well I bought it and had him drop it at my shop.(I'll have pics soon)I cleaned out the car and found that everything was dated 1983,even the owners manual the original sales slip,the customers warranty book and everything like that was in the glovebox.What a find!I even found the sales receipt with address and name of the original owner.

Turns out that the original owner bought it and drove it untill 1983 and parked it in his field behind his farm.His childen didnt want it and from what I understand from the people that live there now, he died but I'm not sure bout that cause I cant find all the info on that part of the history yet.
Any ways.I took the battery out,removed the fuel line from the gas tank side of the carburetor, hooked up an electric fuel pump to a gas can then turned it over by hand a couple of turns. Turned really good too!!. Checked the oil.(It wasnt black like I thought it would be,just slightly brown,In fact there wasnt any oil signs or anything of that nature on the outside of the engine.)Then tried the keys. It fired right up even before it made one revolution!!. And ran so well I couldnt hardly hear it.
I was so excited I shouted out all kinds of odd noises LOL.I thought I had to be dreamin!!LOL.I looked at the odometer and there was only 40,000 miles on it. I figured I will wait untill I get back from Vacation before I started on it and I will take a step by step photo diary on it as I rebuild everything in,on,and around it. And now thats the story of the celica. Photos asap. R

New Post 05-23-2006 01:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhaze36 Click here to Send Rhaze36 a Private Message Find more posts by Rhaze36 Add Rhaze36 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

Ralgh, your going to have to stay away from all the good food out there. My dad is bad about stopping at convenient stores and getting chips or pig skins and a coke (he is turning 60 soon) then after all that salty it was time for somthing sweet (honeybun). Well he went to the Dr. and had bad #s so now he has cut back on the bad foods and walks more and is doing real good now. You are still young just can't act like it.LOL I cut out sodas a few years ago and now I sleep better and gut went away. Good luck, anything you need just call me. Like before you eat that Big Mac I'll talk you out of the Mc Donalds. HaHa
If you run into anything you need on that new Toy and need me to look around here I will do it no problem. I love the parts yards, theres a import one in Dallas that is big, been going to go see if they have any Datsuns in there. Have a nice easy day today. EAT GOOD FOOD!!

New Post 05-23-2006 09:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhaze36

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

New Post 05-23-2006 12:42 PM
nathan1986

well. !

i must say , i NEVER read long posts ! infact i hate reading lol .. and this was the most interesting post ever ! gives you alot of character description .. what ur like and stuff , and im sorry to hear about the health stuff bud ! your all over this website and well liked :D .. im sure things will get better , i mean look at that car you've been blessed with dude ! .. wow.. i must say . even I love that car lol.. im not one for Older cars per say .. but that looks retardedly cool !! good find , good post and a very good read i must say ! Lol..it hurts to sell a car you own but , the next one fills those empty gaps so dont worry :D

New Post 05-23-2006 10:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nathan1986 Click here to Send nathan1986 a Private Message Find more posts by nathan1986 Add nathan1986 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhaze36

RE: well. !

quote:
Originally posted on 05-23-2006 by nathan1986
i must say , i NEVER read long posts ! infact i hate reading lol .. and this was the most interesting post ever ! gives you alot of character description .. what ur like and stuff , and im sorry to hear about the health stuff bud ! your all over this website and well liked :D .. im sure things will get better , i mean look at that car you've been blessed with dude ! .. wow.. i must say . even I love that car lol.. im not one for Older cars per say .. but that looks retardedly cool !! good find , good post and a very good read i must say ! Lol..it hurts to sell a car you own but , the next one fills those empty gaps so dont worry :D

Thanx,I know,been doing it for years LOL.M.B. is special though,Sometimes I could swear she's alive! I've written some stories about her last year and have had people come and checked it out themselves as well.And everyone has left with either the shakes or with amazement.She does get mad and only three people have been able to start her (other than myself)without problems.And only one was able to drive her.For example Every time I bring a car around that I plan on keeping,She'll pull all kinds of stunts untill she realizes that She is still the one (I know it sounds odd)When I got back from Vacation last week I told my friends that I was gonna start on the Celia soon and was very excited about it, She blew her clutch slave cylinder,which was new bTW, and then fried her H/U which I replaced with a Pioneer P 9300.When I quit talking about the Celica,she quit acting up. Go figure!! LOL.I dont park her near the Celica either so she cant see it, and ever since,things are going good again,Figure that one as well. R Anyways,Thanx for the comments. I am old though and have had a very rough life with no regrets except I didnt get rich LOL.I am disabled and have several severe health issues due to the disabilities So I figure yeah I should have been gone a long time ago.But I still have a lot to contribut to this hobbie called automobiles and wemen LOL.

New Post 05-23-2006 11:49 PM
nathan1986

well.. again lol

well bud , feel good about yourself because theres people all across the world on this website who feel for ya , and have never met you ! lol... you'll be fine , you may not be rich but look at what fortune you've obtained.. your rich in one way ! hell , i have a hard time keeping more than 5 friends in real life .. with my way of living you've got alot on here man . Keep doing what you enjoy , and if you really wanna kee M.B you can .. and maybe she will get along if u keep her ! you just need to WANT to keep her and WANT the other car and figure out a plan that works ! im sure you can !..life is super weird .. but anything is possible you can walk on water if you want to badly enough! you might not walk walk , but in a sence you may .. were theres a will theres a way lol !!!

New Post 05-24-2006 09:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nathan1986 Click here to Send nathan1986 a Private Message Find more posts by nathan1986 Add nathan1986 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slayer666

Sorry to ear about your health problems Rhaze, I wish that you were in Quebec, canada, cause we've got a health plan provided by the government. Too bad that you had to sell M.B, I'd like to buy it but for now the money is spent on my new House. I sincerely hope that the buyer of M.B will take care of her (if not i'll wack his face on the cement) Can't wait to see the Celica done. If you nedd some parts I know a guy In my hood who has 7 Celica of those years. All in top shape.. Just want to let you know that your a real nice guy that I personnaly appreciate a lot. You are one of the coolest person here. So do what it take to bring your heatlh of the right track. I'd want to see you here for at least 100 years. Take good care of yourself Rhaze,

From a worried friend, Math

New Post 05-26-2006 07:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Slayer666 Click here to Send Slayer666 a Private Message Find more posts by Slayer666 Add Slayer666 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhaze36

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-26-2006 by Slayer666
Sorry to ear about your health problems Rhaze, I wish that you were in Quebec, canada, cause we've got a health plan provided by the government. Too bad that you had to sell M.B, I'd like to buy it but for now the money is spent on my new House. I sincerely hope that the buyer of M.B will take care of her (if not i'll wack his face on the cement) Can't wait to see the Celica done. If you nedd some parts I know a guy In my hood who has 7 Celica of those years. All in top shape.. Just want to let you know that your a real nice guy that I personnaly appreciate a lot. You are one of the coolest person here. So do what it take to bring your heatlh of the right track. I'd want to see you here for at least 100 years. Take good care of yourself Rhaze,

From a worried friend, Math

Thanx,Slayer,I will do the best I can. I've been through a lot rougher times than this I should be all right with the support from everyone at home and everywhere I go,there are great people everywhere that arent afraid to be morally supportive!I cant possibly loose!, Thanx again,. R

New Post 05-26-2006 11:32 AM
yoda06

444 miles to the tank? How many gallons rhaze? I would consider picking her up if not for the distance. Old crunkalier is starting to become a total piece.
In all seriousness, hope things work out for you, and you get to keep Madam. More importantly, get your health in line. I'd hate to see one of the few sane and nice guys on this site kick the bucket, as I'm sure his family would. Best wishes, and keep us updated.

New Post 06-01-2006 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yoda06 Click here to Send yoda06 a Private Message Find more posts by yoda06 Add yoda06 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting