Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Alpine vs Pioneer HUs
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
illini07

Alpine vs Pioneer HUs

Pioneer or Alpine head units? Which are better?

The reason I'm asking is because it seems to be a constant battle between my friends. Some side with Pioneer for the looks and what you get for the price, and they swear its just as good as Alpine. The others go for the Alpine's saying that its worth it to give up the looks for the superior quality.

Which one, in your opinion, is a better option?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-03-2006 06:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for illini07 Click here to Send illini07 a Private Message Find more posts by illini07 Add illini07 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sqliberty

I myself like Alpine, If you stay with Pioneers Premier line your ok, But I still hear people complain about system noise with Pioneer decks

New Post 06-05-2006 08:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sqliberty Click here to Send sqliberty a Private Message Find more posts by sqliberty Add sqliberty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gman68137

I recently bought an Alpine. My last 2 decks were Pioneer and I wasn't really impressed. I'm totally satisfied w/ the Alpine.

New Post 06-05-2006 06:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gman68137 Click here to Send gman68137 a Private Message Find more posts by gman68137 Add gman68137 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pickler

i just bought a nice pioneer deck and i realy enjoy it (my last deck was dual though, its shit) It is quite easy to use and has good controls.

New Post 06-12-2006 02:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pickler Click here to Send pickler a Private Message Find more posts by pickler Add pickler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phatmac03

yo kid go with pioneer they are the best alpine they are for those guys who doen't like to fine tune there music but me i love the pioneer for that reason cause u have the eg band to do tht and it make listening to music so fun cause u can turn your highs up mids up and lows down and make your system really hit. its like having an epicenter right in the deck of your car

New Post 06-19-2006 08:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for phatmac03 Click here to Send phatmac03 a Private Message Find more posts by phatmac03 Add phatmac03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sqliberty

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-19-2006 by phatmac03
yo kid go with pioneer they are the best alpine they are for those guys who doen't like to fine tune there music but me i love the pioneer for that reason cause u have the eg band to do tht and it make listening to music so fun cause u can turn your highs up mids up and lows down and make your system really hit. its like having an epicenter right in the deck of your car

That's funny you say Alpine is for guy's that don't fine tune. I added the Alpine pxa-701 processor to my Alpine and compete sound quality with it. There are more controls on my Alpine setup then any Pioneer will ever have.But in the end it's whatever your personal preference is anyhow.

New Post 06-19-2006 09:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sqliberty Click here to Send sqliberty a Private Message Find more posts by sqliberty Add sqliberty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlphaVision

Well you need to tweak your player just a little bit so you "fix" something in sound. The good built system doesn't use most of the HU's features because it sounds like it should without modifying the sound ;) So i would say it depends on the player, but Alpine produce better quality sound then Pioneer. So if you go SQ i would suggest Alpine...

New Post 06-20-2006 04:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaVision Click here to Send AlphaVision a Private Message Find more posts by AlphaVision Add AlphaVision to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phatmac03

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-19-2006 by sqliberty
That's funny you say Alpine is for guy's that don't fine tune. I added the Alpine pxa-701 processor to my Alpine and compete sound quality with it. There are more controls on my Alpine setup then any Pioneer will ever have.But in the end it's whatever your personal preference is anyhow.

well its funny u say "i ADDED the alpine pxa 701 processor" dude u had to add something to your system to out do one head. i ain't sayin that it ain't good shit cause alpine is if you don't know the ups and downs of music and notes. but for sq and spl i recommend pioneer over alpine and sony any day. the only ones that could prolly hang would be the eclipse, kenwood excelons, or maybe the clarions possiably!!! but the "ADDING" is juss taking up space for something else if u think about it.

New Post 06-22-2006 07:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for phatmac03 Click here to Send phatmac03 a Private Message Find more posts by phatmac03 Add phatmac03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mobilesndfx

Re

Dude!! You just claimed Kenwood was better than Alpine? You ever owned either? Kenwood is junk, not even competition with Alpine! An Clarion? All show and no go!! This isnt the '80's those brands lost out years ago!! Alpine still tops the market for reliability.

New Post 06-24-2006 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mobilesndfx Click here to Send mobilesndfx a Private Message Find more posts by mobilesndfx Add mobilesndfx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phatmac03

mobil maybe true on the clarion they are a little played out but they are still good cd players umm the kenwoods i was talking about the excelon series not this new stuff they have. pioneer juss got better withe the color screens and i can only think of one with the color screens and oh wait pioneer is the only one with the color screens plus sony but hell i rather own a dual head unit than owning a sony but thats my two cents and mobil it is good to see that someone knows a little or alot about the ol days or the 80's if i muss

New Post 07-03-2006 02:01 AM
tcdogg

If you look at all the vehicels that compete in SQ you will find that most use Alpine after that it would be Eclipse. Multi color screens dont mean anything in realtion to how they play music.

New Post 07-03-2006 01:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tcdogg Click here to Send tcdogg a Private Message Find more posts by tcdogg Add tcdogg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chiefaudiophile

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-22-2006 by phatmac03
well its funny u say "i ADDED the alpine pxa 701 processor" dude u had to add something to your system to out do one head. i ain't sayin that it ain't good shit cause alpine is if you don't know the ups and downs of music and notes. but for sq and spl i recommend pioneer over alpine and sony any day. the only ones that could prolly hang would be the eclipse, kenwood excelons, or maybe the clarions possiably!!! but the "ADDING" is juss taking up space for something else if u think about it.

My alpine had a parametric EQ, Time alignment and X-overs right out of the box. You may make the argument that "well yeah if you drop a load" well the avic series comes with none of that and their screens only offer a little more than half the resolution. What I normally tell my customer is that the N-3 is a nav unit with a built in deck and the alpine is an audiophile quality HU with nav as an option. The AVIC series has no option to add any level of sound control.

New Post 07-03-2006 05:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chiefaudiophile Click here to Send chiefaudiophile a Private Message Find more posts by chiefaudiophile Add chiefaudiophile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pksimon28

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-03-2006 by chiefaudiophile
My alpine had a parametric EQ, Time alignment and X-overs right out of the box. You may make the argument that "well yeah if you drop a load" well the avic series comes with none of that and their screens only offer a little more than half the resolution. What I normally tell my customer is that the N-3 is a nav unit with a built in deck and the alpine is an audiophile quality HU with nav as an option. The AVIC series has no option to add any level of sound control.

In the past that may have been true, but take a look at Alpine's 2006 line-up. The only HU with PEQ, time alignment, 3-way x-overs, etc... is the DVA-9965. Like sqliberty said, when you add the PXA-H701 you gain a ton of flexibility, but right out of the box this year's Alpines are pretty lacking.

New Post 07-04-2006 01:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pksimon28 Click here to Send pksimon28 a Private Message Find more posts by pksimon28 Add pksimon28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phatmac03

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-03-2006 by chiefaudiophile

aight "chief" u my friend are a salesman and from my experiment with ur kind is dont truss them cause they will sell u anything to make them look good. i aint saying that is u but hey if the shoe fits wear it u know. but i haven't owned any of pioneer's avic systems and prolly never will cause i am not into all that i rather put moniters in my headrest and be done with it. the added thang i can't do cause for one tht shit takes up money and time no one has time for that. by sound of ear not mic i shut one guy down with juss my head unit and he had all that mumbo jumbo crossover and processor and shit and i do believe if a mic was around that day i would put him to shame too. so keep selling your stuff and i will sell and tell mine. its all about prefrence u know

New Post 07-05-2006 07:27 PM
DoubleE

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-19-2006 by phatmac03

Thats pretty humorous,I'm currently looking into getting the new IVA-W200 from Alpine and if you cant fine tune your system with this then its time to look into getting diffrent equipment. FEATURES Tuner " HD Radio Ready " Preset Stations (FM:12/AM:6) " Auto Memory " Local/DX Selection " Preset Address Indicator " Up/Down Seek HD Radio" Ready " HD Radio Status Indicator " Automatic Digital/Analog Signal Switching SAT Radio Ready " Sirius and XM Satellite Radio Compatible " Preset Memory, 3-Bands (18 Channels) " QuickSearch Function " Category Search " Text Scroll Full Speed" Connection for iPod® " Dedicated iPod Source Selection " Direct search function " Repeat One " Search Mode Selection (Playlist, Artist, Album, Song Title) " Shuffle (Albums, All) CD Player " 24-Bit D/A Converter " Zero data Mute (0 Bit Mute) " Digital Servo " Music Sensor Up/Dn " Disc Play/Pause " Forward/Backward " Music Search Function " Dolby Digital/DTS Bit Stream Output " CD Text, CD Text Display, CD Text Scroll " MP3 Text Information Display (ID3 Tag) " MP3/WMA Decoder/Playback " M.I.X. One (Folder)/All (Random Play) " QuickSearch Function (MP3 Files) " CD-R/CD-RW Compatibility DVD Player " DVD-Audio Playback (2 Channel mix-down) " DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+R/DVD+RW Compatible " DVD-Video/DVD-VR Playback " DTS CD Playback " Dolby Digital Bit Stream (with 2 Channel mix-down) " DTS Digital Bit Stream (with 2 Channel mix-down) CD Changer Control " Repeat (One/Disc) " Music Sensor Up/Down " Forward/Backward " Disc Play/Pause " Elapse Time Display " CD Text Display/Scroll " MP3 Text Information Display (ID3 Tag) " Multi-CD Changer Control (with KCA-410C) " MP3 Changer Ready (CHA-S634) " M.I.X. One/All (Random Play One or All) Bass Engine® Sound Tuning " Subwoofer Level Adjustment " Bass Center Frequency Control " Bass Width Adjustment " Bass Level Adjustment " Treble Center Frequency Control " Treble Level Adjustment (MMStation/Head Units) General " 1 Aux A/V Input and 1 Aux A/V Output " 6.5" Widescreen Motorized Monitor " 50W x 4 High Power Amplifier " Auto Close/Open Capability " Rotary Encoder Volume Control (Pop-up Rotary Knob) " Black Face w/Blue illumination Buttons " 3 PreOut (2V PreOut) " Direct Touch DVD Menu Operation " Bluetooth® Ready " Data Download " Visual EQ " i-Personalize " Bass Engine " Subwoofer Level Control " Steering Wheel Remote Ready " MM Driver Ready (Hard Disc Drive Ready) " TDS Amp and Processor Control Capabilities " Optical Output " Built-in Dolby Digital /DTS Decoder (2-Channel Mix Down) " Separate Bass & Treble Control " Fader & Balance Controls " Loudness " S.T.M. (Source Tone Memory) " Clock " Dimmer-on Input " BlackOut Display " Rear Camera Input " Dedicated Navigation Input " Navigation Audio Mix " Power Antenna Lead " Remote-on Lead " Audio Interrupt In " Wireless Remote Control Included " Demo Function " Audio Mute " CD Changer Control Function

New Post 07-05-2006 10:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoubleE Click here to Send DoubleE a Private Message Find more posts by DoubleE Add DoubleE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting