Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > LED's vs. NEON's
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
500000watts

LED's vs. NEON's

aright guys im gona put a bunch of fricken lights in my boat all over the place, its gona GLOW, what should i go with Neons or LED's? and why

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-08-2006 09:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 500000watts Click here to Send 500000watts a Private Message Find more posts by 500000watts Add 500000watts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrwigglezdj

RE: LED's vs. NEON's

quote:
Originally posted on 06-08-2006 by 500000watts
aright guys im gona put a bunch of fricken lights in my boat all over the place, its gona GLOW, what should i go with Neons or LED's? and why

led, because of size of them and they arent glass to get broke and im sure a led will last alot longer and not to forget they are alot brighter so you might not need as many as you would compared to neons

New Post 06-08-2006 10:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
500000watts

true, so now does anyone know where i can get LED's, and i also heard they are like subs and you have to wire them a certain way to get a good 12v to them?

New Post 06-09-2006 10:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 500000watts Click here to Send 500000watts a Private Message Find more posts by 500000watts Add 500000watts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

led's x2.... they turn on instantaneously while neons can take a while to warm up the gases(takes a long time especially when it is cold outside.. and it gets cold here in ohio)... and leds draw less current as well.... so

LED:
--less current draw
--instantaneous turn on
--brighter than neons

New Post 06-09-2006 10:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-09-2006 by 500000watts
true, so now does anyone know where i can get LED's, and i also heard they are like subs and you have to wire them a certain way to get a good 12v to them?

alll u need is to do is wire them up to a toggle... + from the battery, + from the load(the led), and ground(ground to car and ground to leds).... and about wiring them a special way... i have not had a problem with wiring them liek i would an amplifier.. + to + remote to remote.. and ground to ground.......

go to cardomain.com and search for "LED" ... they have leds in every price range

New Post 06-09-2006 10:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gman68137

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-09-2006 by jaboran
led's x2.... they turn on instantaneously while neons can take a while to warm up the gases(takes a long time especially when it is cold outside.. and it gets cold here in ohio)... and leds draw less current as well.... so

LED:
--less current draw
--instantaneous turn on
--brighter than neons

LEDs also last a long time.

New Post 06-09-2006 04:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gman68137 Click here to Send gman68137 a Private Message Find more posts by gman68137 Add gman68137 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
punkroc719

Ok I am adding a question to this one, I have raw led's what am I looking at for resisters for each color?

New Post 09-01-2006 07:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for punkroc719 Click here to Send punkroc719 a Private Message Find more posts by punkroc719 Add punkroc719 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
salcedohumberto

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-01-2006 by punkroc719
Ok I am adding a question to this one, I have raw led's what am I looking at for resisters for each color?

what?

why are you looking at resisters? you can get colors LEDs anywhere and they come in bars, sticks, or stand alone where you can place each one where you want it

you don have to wire anything in any special way....you wire ALL your POSITIVE (usually RED wire) togheter and all your NEGATIVE (usually BLACK) also togheter, and negative goes to ground, positive goes to 12v after passing trhu a switch...thats it....

New Post 11-09-2006 09:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for salcedohumberto Click here to Send salcedohumberto a Private Message Find more posts by salcedohumberto Add salcedohumberto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

RE: LED's vs. NEON's

quote:
Originally posted on 06-08-2006 by 500000watts

leds all the way

New Post 12-11-2006 12:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoudAssGeo Click here to Send LoudAssGeo a Private Message Find more posts by LoudAssGeo Add LoudAssGeo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting