Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > SQ comps?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
9oh7

SQ comps?

hey i was wondering how they judge SQ comps? cause on my next truck i am looking for an SQ competator

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-13-2006 03:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sqliberty

I know with MECA we use The Cheskey Records Ultimate Demonstration disc. The goal is to see how well your car can reproduce the music as it was recorded.The judges will listen to this disc and they have a scoresheet with all the different catagories on it.They will rate each catagory based on how your system performs.Take a look at mecacaraudio.com at the SQL rule book for more info.

New Post 06-13-2006 08:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sqliberty Click here to Send sqliberty a Private Message Find more posts by sqliberty Add sqliberty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrwigglezdj

sq is a good part of comps to be in if you can afford the parts and such, but the only thing i dont like about sq is, its judged by the human ear for the most part, so you put your win/loss in the hands of some guy that you dont know who may just have a friend competing in your class and there for give you an automatic disadvantage over his friend, even tho i know the people judgeing are pro's at what they do but its just something to think about , thats why i do spl, theres no favratisim in spl its all a mic/sen. that dont care who you are, what car you have or what subs are sending the sound to so the only way to win is to be better on the computer

New Post 06-13-2006 03:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dyedef1966

Although it is done by the human ear, these guys are professionals. I had a judge at my first show last year tell me that my center image was "wandering" side to side, and offered advice to fix it. I didn't see him the rest of the season until Finals, and he told me the same thing, word for word. ( I never fixed it because I thought he was nuts!) I never worry about someone being a "favorite", or friend of the judge. The guys that I run with in SLAP are a great bunch, like one big happy family. And although it is a competition, its all in fun. Anyone is willing to help you out, even your competitors will help you repair a problem, or lend advice to better your system. So far I have never seen an issue arise between 2 competitors, or involving judging.

New Post 06-13-2006 04:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dyedef1966 Click here to Send dyedef1966 a Private Message Find more posts by dyedef1966 Add dyedef1966 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrwigglezdj

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-13-2006 by dyedef1966
Although it is done by the human ear, these guys are professionals. I had a judge at my first show last year tell me that my center image was "wandering" side to side, and offered advice to fix it. I didn't see him the rest of the season until Finals, and he told me the same thing, word for word. ( I never fixed it because I thought he was nuts!) I never worry about someone being a "favorite", or friend of the judge. The guys that I run with in SLAP are a great bunch, like one big happy family. And although it is a competition, its all in fun. Anyone is willing to help you out, even your competitors will help you repair a problem, or lend advice to better your system. So far I have never seen an issue arise between 2 competitors, or involving judging.

neither have i , everyone ive meet at shows are all awsome,helpful and imformative and willing to help you get your system better , but the human judgeing just isnt a great thought to me, because everyone sees and hears things differently and everyone has their own taste's

New Post 06-13-2006 05:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

well i was thinking 1 12w7 or 2 10w7's powered by a jl 1000/1. then jl zr650-csi with e 6w0 or 8w0 for my three way set powered by a jl 450/4. then my rear stage(off during comps) zr525-csi with 6w0 or 8w0 for midbass powered by a jl 450/4. then an esclipse dvd head unit with 2 7" head rest monitors, and a 10.5" flip down, hooked up with an xbox 360. this will go into a chevy 2500hd durmax crew cab. with one layer of second skin liquid sound deadner covered by dynamatextreme everywhere. every piece of metal that migh vibrate. think that should do ok?

New Post 06-13-2006 08:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

ohhh btw the ZR be in custom built kick pannels. painted black, and covered with liquid sound deadner, or mabye just dynamat extreme. i am going for clean loud sound, this should do it right? unless you can put out an sq system that would sound better, for about the same price. this install is going to be about 3-4g's. or something that will sound as good for cheeper will work as well. lol.

New Post 06-13-2006 09:28 PM
OnYrMrk

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-13-2006 by 9oh7
well i was thinking 1 12w7 or 2 10w7's powered by a jl 1000/1. then jl zr650-csi with e 6w0 or 8w0 for my three way set powered by a jl 450/4. then my rear stage(off during comps) zr525-csi with 6w0 or 8w0 for midbass powered by a jl 450/4. then an esclipse dvd head unit with 2 7" head rest monitors, and a 10.5" flip down, hooked up with an xbox 360. this will go into a chevy 2500hd durmax crew cab. with one layer of second skin liquid sound deadner covered by dynamatextreme everywhere. every piece of metal that migh vibrate. think that should do ok?

Number one, if you want to be competitive in SQ, ditch the rear speakers. Ditch the video and the Xbox. they won't win points in SQ. If anything, you may lose points. The Eclipse Video HU only has 5v outputs. That means you have to add more gain, thus adding more noise to your system. In SQ, you don't want any sort of noise. So in reality, Video isn't desired for SQ. I realize that you want to compete, but equipment alone won't get you a championship.

I suggest the 3way front stage, the single sub with a 500/1, and spend what you would have done for the rest of the equipment for an amazing install. If you are doing the install yourself, grab the rule book from the organization that you are going to enter, and take every install note to heart. Grab an Eclipse, since that is the brand you chose, CD8455 or CD7000 (the replacement) because of the 8V outputs. They will give you Time Alignment, PEQ and Crossover built in, and run active in the setup.

Next sit up in your seat, where you would want the judge to sit, and place your hand about where your right ear is located. Then place a string with a washer on the headboard, let it drop about 6 inches, and then using a laser pointer, point the speakers right at the washer. Do this from both sides. Once you have your pathlengths, then you can start building your kicks or dash or what ever you front stage will be going into.

Equipment is only about 1/3 of the way there, the other 2/3 is install. Good Luck. --Joe

New Post 06-20-2006 11:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for OnYrMrk Click here to Send OnYrMrk a Private Message Find more posts by OnYrMrk Add OnYrMrk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

yes this is going to be a comp install, but i also want to have it a daily driver, i will also be hopefully drag racing in it. and i will have a 3 way component set up front. and i will have a rear stage that i will turn off during comps. i want the xbox and monitors for me and my friends on long road trips.

New Post 06-21-2006 01:41 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting