Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > just got metered
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
99oldsintrigue

just got metered

Ok i got metered today (lame, it costs $25) it doesnt add up. I had two large mag 12"s in about a 6 cube huge ported and tuned box on about 1200 rms a while back it metered at 142.3 Now i have two treo TENS yes TENS (tsx) ran off a jbl 600.1 in a probox (proboxrocks.com) and it metered 147.5 at one point playing track No.9 on the new D4l album. i guess its the box? or treos kick some ass.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-14-2006 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 99oldsintrigue Click here to Send 99oldsintrigue a Private Message Find more posts by 99oldsintrigue Add 99oldsintrigue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteyglad

There are quite afew variables. Here are some different scenerios 1. Was the meter the same meter? The difference between different mics can be huge, especially if dealing with the old AC / Termpro mics and the new sensor units. 2. If the same mic has it been calibrated recenty? 3. Was the mic placed in the same position? For instance, was one measure "legal on the dash" and the other "outlaw" style? That is quite a jump. It could be that the larger box was ported too low for SPL purposes and the 10 box was tuned higher. That is a possible answer.

New Post 06-17-2006 09:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for peteyglad Click here to Send peteyglad a Private Message Find more posts by peteyglad Add peteyglad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99sierra

New Post 06-18-2006 04:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 99sierra Click here to Send 99sierra a Private Message Find more posts by 99sierra Add 99sierra to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99sierra

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-18-2006 by 99sierra

oops...

New Post 06-18-2006 04:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 99sierra Click here to Send 99sierra a Private Message Find more posts by 99sierra Add 99sierra to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99oldsintrigue

the shop owner said my last box was tuned at 18 hz, lol. It was a throw together box, and the probox is tuned at 37hz i believe. Im going for a new amp, and a new dual chamber ported box, and try to hit a 149. It was also a termlab, and it was in the port. So because its a trunk car, it would prolly only read like a 140 on the dash...

New Post 06-25-2006 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 99oldsintrigue Click here to Send 99oldsintrigue a Private Message Find more posts by 99oldsintrigue Add 99oldsintrigue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteyglad

18 HZ? Wow, I am not sure I have ever heard a box tuned that low. Did it sound good? That would explain some of the difference it SPL though.

New Post 06-25-2006 10:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for peteyglad Click here to Send peteyglad a Private Message Find more posts by peteyglad Add peteyglad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99oldsintrigue

yes it was extremely loud at low notes. Your head would bobble on the head rest if you leaned back. Man, it would kick ass if i could hit a 150 with 10''s! i just won a diamond d3600.1, gonna try to hit a 148 with 600 rms. That would be frickin awesome

New Post 06-25-2006 11:26 PM
johny24

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-25-2006 by 99oldsintrigue
yes it was extremely loud at low notes. Your head would bobble on the head rest if you leaned back. Man, it would kick ass if i could hit a 150 with 10''s! i just won a diamond d3600.1, gonna try to hit a 148 with 600 rms. That would be frickin awesome

WOAH! howd you win an amp?

New Post 06-25-2006 11:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for johny24 Click here to Send johny24 a Private Message Find more posts by johny24 Add johny24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoubleE

RE:

quote:
the shop owner said my last box was tuned at 18 hz, lol. It was a throw together box, and the probox is tuned at 37hz i believe. Im going for a new amp, and a new dual chamber ported box, and try to hit a 149. It was also a termlab, and it was in the port. So because its a trunk car, it would prolly only read like a 140 on the dash...

If you metered it in the port at 149 I think a more realistic meter on the dash would be mid to high 130's

New Post 06-26-2006 04:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoubleE Click here to Send DoubleE a Private Message Find more posts by DoubleE Add DoubleE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OnYrMrk

I thought 18hz is inaudible??? Anything under 20hz is able to be felt, but not heard. Perfect frequency for spl is not specific, but I would think anything from 50 to 60 hz would be good.

New Post 06-26-2006 10:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for OnYrMrk Click here to Send OnYrMrk a Private Message Find more posts by OnYrMrk Add OnYrMrk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99oldsintrigue

yes you are probably right, but 18 hz notes were hardly played, just low notes shook the shit out of everything

New Post 06-27-2006 04:56 PM
spcdwayne

I dont know how good your subwoofer is but some subwoofers burn at 20 hz, it's too strong for the woofer, most competition for spl use 45hz & up, thats were the good numbers are made at spl meter.

New Post 06-27-2006 11:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for spcdwayne Click here to Send spcdwayne a Private Message Find more posts by spcdwayne Add spcdwayne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BadaBoom

FYI, 147 in the port really isnt anything to write home about in the port. Like the one kid said you are probably low to mid 130's on the dash. If you went to a comp doing port wars you would get blown away. Not trying to be a prick, just trying to give you a heads up. Now get a nice box for those treo's and throw a good amp and try and get over 140's on the dash, then you would be impressed.

New Post 07-08-2006 12:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BadaBoom Click here to Send BadaBoom a Private Message Find more posts by BadaBoom Add BadaBoom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
psonn

600 Rms and a couple of 12's in the right box, the right car and on and on. Yea it can be done. I was metered in the driver seat at 149. Don't know the freq. but yea it kicks you ass all over the car. Nothing feels better no hovering above the seat.

New Post 07-09-2006 02:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for psonn Click here to Send psonn a Private Message Find more posts by psonn Add psonn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hzsogood

RE:

quote:

good luck with that .. ur numbers seem way to high to be on a TL..

New Post 07-16-2006 06:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hzsogood Click here to Send hzsogood a Private Message Find more posts by hzsogood Add hzsogood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting