Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Lookin for a new HU, opinions???
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
themightyquinn

Lookin for a new HU, opinions???

Im planning on selling the Sony CDX-F7710 that I bought last year for $215 and getting something new.

Don't get me wrong, I love the thing to death, but Im planning on selling my car and the HU's going with it. Here's what Im looking for in a HU:

*$200 and under
*3 sets of pre-outs (front, rear, sub)[high voltage]
*Auxiliary input (left/right rca input for my MP3 player)
*CD-R/RW/MP3 playback
*High S/N ratio/low THD
*Reputable company (i.e. not crap, hah)

So yeah if anyone's had a great time with a certain HU that meets most of my points please tell. I dunno if anyone has used the F7710, but I love it and if there's nothing that can swing my opinion then ill prolly keep it.

Or should I just forget about it for something newer?

Thanks all!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-23-2006 08:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for themightyquinn Click here to Send themightyquinn a Private Message Find more posts by themightyquinn Add themightyquinn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
themightyquinn

Im going for a total SQ system BTW.

New Post 06-23-2006 09:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for themightyquinn Click here to Send themightyquinn a Private Message Find more posts by themightyquinn Add themightyquinn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-23-2006 by themightyquinn
Im going for a total SQ system BTW.

sq hu for under 200 bucks?? I dont see that happening!

New Post 06-24-2006 03:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-24-2006 by RPMSOUNDS
sq hu for under 200 bucks?? I dont see that happening!

find the cheapest radio that uses daul 24 bit burr brown conv. Then you are talking about sq!!!

New Post 06-24-2006 03:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phatmac03

hell rpm a good cd player under 200 bucks ain't happening dude that is one hard thing to do even with all the discount places who by the stuff in bulk and sell it whole sale shit man u betta up your price about another 100 and get u a alpine pioneer,clarion or something to those effect. i think one sq competitor told me that juss to run his first time he spent well over five grand juss getting everything right so your about what 4800 bucks away then maybe your doing business. holla atcha boy when u make a decision on uping your price range

New Post 06-24-2006 08:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for phatmac03 Click here to Send phatmac03 a Private Message Find more posts by phatmac03 Add phatmac03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
themightyquinn

how bout zis:

Woofersetc

New Post 06-24-2006 11:00 AM
RPMSOUNDS

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-24-2006 by phatmac03
hell rpm a good cd player under 200 bucks ain't happening dude that is one hard thing to do even with all the discount places who by the stuff in bulk and sell it whole sale shit man u betta up your price about another 100 and get u a alpine pioneer,clarion or something to those effect. i think one sq competitor told me that juss to run his first time he spent well over five grand juss getting everything right so your about what 4800 bucks away then maybe your doing business. holla atcha boy when u make a decision on uping your price range

I Think retail is like $1,399.99 on the Clarion I just got for the truck last month. It is a SQ HU from heaven. Has no built in amp and no mp3 playback but it has everything you need in a true sq hu. http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2006/audio/source_unit/CD/DRZ9255/us-en-product-pf_1132912142959.html is the picture of the HU and info on it and read the tec. stuff and a killer sq hu.

New Post 06-24-2006 06:29 PM
jrr323

check this one out http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6617.html#

New Post 06-24-2006 07:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jrr323 Click here to Send jrr323 a Private Message Find more posts by jrr323 Add jrr323 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-24-2006 by fordfreak
That's a hell of a deal. Especially the 5 volts.

Is that 5v peak or RMS? I found that most are listing their peak rating!

New Post 06-25-2006 04:48 AM
9oh7

that clarion looks nice, but i think that eclipse is also a good sq brand. i am doing dvd because well i like it. but they make pretty nice HU's. but i mean for 200 look at panasonic, they are actually a pretty good deal.

New Post 06-25-2006 04:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-25-2006 by fordfreak
The 5v is the strength of the signal that it will send to your amps. The figure your taliking about is the output of the internal amp in the hu.The rms figure is more important than the peak if your not going to add separate amps.

No I am talking about the rca voltage rating most high end units like alpine and eclip., and so one post 4 or 6 volt rca line outputs but tend to only do 1/2. My clarion is rated using a RMS rating and a peak rating and I know its not about an onboard amp since the HU dosen't have one. Its the same as the McIntosh HU. Hell both are made the same 100% but the name is diff.

New Post 06-25-2006 08:19 PM
AlphaVision

you are talking about 2 different things here RMS is used with output power which is measured in watts and the volts are used to measure the voltage/tension

New Post 06-26-2006 04:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaVision Click here to Send AlphaVision a Private Message Find more posts by AlphaVision Add AlphaVision to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-26-2006 by AlphaVision
you are talking about 2 different things here RMS is used with output power which is measured in watts and the volts are used to measure the voltage/tension

there is a peak voltage and a RMS maining all day min voltage rating. The Clarion is rated based on there all day RMS voltage rating on the RCA line outs. Since it has NO AMP that means it can not be talking about watts. The clarion is rated at 4 volte true output through the rca lines and can peak up to 8v when music demands it. Not one that but the deck has a crap load of other reatures making it one of the best decks in the world for sq.

New Post 06-26-2006 10:26 PM
AlphaVision

"one of the best decks in the world for sq": I couldn't agree more! ;)

New Post 06-27-2006 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaVision Click here to Send AlphaVision a Private Message Find more posts by AlphaVision Add AlphaVision to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2000civicSQ

ya the rms method is just like an average value for any unit doesnt matter what unit of measure you are talkin about its just a formula to find the MEAN hence rms root mean square.

New Post 06-29-2006 08:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2000civicSQ Click here to Send 2000civicSQ a Private Message Find more posts by 2000civicSQ Add 2000civicSQ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting