Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > alarm
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
91rallysport

alarm

i have an alarm in my 91 rs camaro i am not to sure what kind it is i think it came with the car, but it worked when i first had it and now when ever i push any buttons nothing works, b4 it completely went it would sometimes work and sometimes not, the light lights up but no alarm... do i need a new remote or alarm?... what should i do?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-03-2006 12:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 91rallysport Click here to Send 91rallysport a Private Message Find more posts by 91rallysport Add 91rallysport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chiefaudiophile

It's hard to trouble shoot that over the net. Check the battery in the fob first. Then the power and ground line in on the alarm. If you have differential and no triggers or ignition stay lit then the brain is likely bad.

New Post 07-03-2006 06:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chiefaudiophile Click here to Send chiefaudiophile a Private Message Find more posts by chiefaudiophile Add chiefaudiophile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
91rallysport

sorry but i didn't understand a word of what you jus said i have no idea what any of that means i am jus freash at all this stuff, tryin to learn how to do all this stuff...

New Post 07-03-2006 10:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 91rallysport Click here to Send 91rallysport a Private Message Find more posts by 91rallysport Add 91rallysport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chiefaudiophile

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-03-2006 by 91rallysport
sorry but i didn't understand a word of what you jus said i have no idea what any of that means i am jus freash at all this stuff, tryin to learn how to do all this stuff...

Yeah sorry. Check the battery in the keychain thingy. Then you will need to pull your dash, (What kind of vehicle?), and make sure you have 12V between the red wire and the black wire on your alarm. You also want to make sure that without a key in the ignition there is not 12V between the yellow wire and the black wire. You also want to check your door trigger, likely a green wire: you should have continuity between it and ground only when your door is open, assuming you have a negative door trigger. Now you are going to need a DMM or Digital MultiMeter. You can get one at Radioshack or Wal-Mart for under $20.00 write me when you get one and tell me what kind of vehicle you are dealing with and we'll get started. Either that or take it to a shop and expect them to charge you around $65.00 to tell you it is the brain in which case you will need a new alarm

New Post 07-04-2006 01:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chiefaudiophile Click here to Send chiefaudiophile a Private Message Find more posts by chiefaudiophile Add chiefaudiophile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting