Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > 96 ford taurus gl sedan alarm???
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gamble19

96 ford taurus gl sedan alarm???

i know i have one, but what is it and what should i do? is it "trustworthy" or upgrade...?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-10-2006 06:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gamble19 Click here to Send gamble19 a Private Message Find more posts by gamble19 Add gamble19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrod81

RE: 96 ford taurus gl sedan alarm???

quote:
Originally posted on 07-10-2006 by gamble19
i know i have one, but what is it and what should i do? is it "trustworthy" or upgrade...?

its decent, you probably have a resistor in your key like my lx for a starter kill, but the factory alarm sets by locking the doors and only goes off if the doors are opened w/o the key. not if you smash a window or pop the trunk. a good alarm is a GREAT investment. i use a factory alarm and my alpine alarm, the alpine has dual zone interior motion sensor, shock sensor, and a trunk senser. if you have any reasonable time or money invested in your bumps a 2nd alarm is defiently necessary. but the best security is prevention, try not to show off your shit to a lot of people, and for god sakes dont bump it around your house or wherever you park each nite. bolt everything down and keep an ear out....dogs are good security too! :-)

New Post 07-14-2006 09:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrod81 Click here to Send mrod81 a Private Message Find more posts by mrod81 Add mrod81 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gamble19

how would i be able to set off my alarm? would it work if i left a window down, locked and shut doors and opened it from inside? i just want to make 100% sure i have an alarm...

New Post 07-20-2006 08:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gamble19 Click here to Send gamble19 a Private Message Find more posts by gamble19 Add gamble19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrod81

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-20-2006 by gamble19
how would i be able to set off my alarm? would it work if i left a window down, locked and shut doors and opened it from inside? i just want to make 100% sure i have an alarm...

yeah but you have to give it a minuite or two after setting the alarm, but that works on my car....do you have a blinking theft lite after you lock your doors? it would be in the instrument cluster.

New Post 07-22-2006 07:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrod81 Click here to Send mrod81 a Private Message Find more posts by mrod81 Add mrod81 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting