Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > 2 L7 12s in a bug
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mc

2 L7 12s in a bug

I just finished my box and installed the subs and I'm here to tell ya that this is not the set up for daily driveing I was only running about 250 watts to each just to get them moveing and had window flex never thought that I would like building my own boxs but now I don't thing I'll ever go back this thing slams hard I want to get it metered and also need sound deadening to make it right but want to see what it'll do now never thought 6.8cf with a 6x18.5x25inch port would make sutch a differance

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-20-2006 11:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mc Click here to Send mc a Private Message Find more posts by mc Add mc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neosan

2 12" L5. that's the size of my old box. felt like the hairs in your scalp were moving huh? that is some sound

New Post 07-21-2006 12:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for neosan Click here to Send neosan a Private Message Find more posts by neosan Add neosan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

I'll work on some pics but I wont be carpeting the box untill I carpet the interier so it'll match hope to have my bx2200 hooked up today or tomorow. but ya it was almost painfull in there with just 250watts to each. I also learned that I'm going to need alot of sound deadening!!!

New Post 07-21-2006 01:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mc Click here to Send mc a Private Message Find more posts by mc Add mc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mgramling

I remember back in 1994 I had a friend that had a 10" bazooka tube with some sort of external amp, in the back of a old Bug, and it would drive you nuts. It would knock the rust off the fenders. I can only image how 2-12 would be in a bug.

New Post 07-21-2006 01:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mgramling Click here to Send mgramling a Private Message Find more posts by mgramling Add mgramling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

well I have the bx2200 temp. installed to see what i'm working with and I need to get sound deadener bad my doors flex about a 1/4in with the windows down andback 1/4 windows have a 1/4in flex also should have every thing in permenatly this comeing weekend but yes it slams hard I think with some tuneing on the amp I can get alittle moreas I only have it up at 50% on the amp and the deck the bass is at 0and haven't turned the volume past 50% either.

New Post 07-23-2006 12:22 PM
99oldsintrigue

better turn your amp down, its not a volume knob :)

New Post 07-23-2006 04:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 99oldsintrigue Click here to Send 99oldsintrigue a Private Message Find more posts by 99oldsintrigue Add 99oldsintrigue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

99olds

the gain is a little less than 1/2 and I was refering to the x-over and over all set up for that's all as I haven't adjusted anything other than turniig down the gain alittle. Yes that is good advise though 99olds

New Post 07-24-2006 03:14 PM
99oldsintrigue

oh ok, i was just worried, because that amp. isnt no 2200w, lol. its like 2500+ rms

New Post 07-24-2006 06:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 99oldsintrigue Click here to Send 99oldsintrigue a Private Message Find more posts by 99oldsintrigue Add 99oldsintrigue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

oh alright thanks for the info I always thought that they were overrated by a couple hundred

New Post 07-24-2006 08:38 PM
butterz

i'm thinking of getting 2 12" l7's and am wondering what amp you're using.

New Post 07-27-2006 11:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for butterz Click here to Send butterz a Private Message Find more posts by butterz Add butterz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

it's an older hifonics amp model is BX2200D supposedly 2200@1ohm not sure but really seam to work my L7s pretty good

New Post 07-28-2006 07:33 PM
90accordman

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-28-2006 by mc
it's an older hifonics amp model is BX2200D supposedly 2200@1ohm not sure but really seam to work my L7s pretty good

that hifonics probably does 1800 if its the older model as you said

New Post 07-30-2006 03:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 90accordman Click here to Send 90accordman a Private Message Find more posts by 90accordman Add 90accordman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting