Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > aluminum foil fuse
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
neosan

aluminum foil fuse

hope that caught your attention. i ordered a rockford battery clamp not knowing (it wasn't in the description) that it was a maxi fused clamp. while this is great and all, i already have a circuit breaker hooked up and the beetle was using one of the fuse slots as it's accessory power connection. a guy at schucks said he's heard of people using aluminum foil in the spot when they have a setup like mine. i tried it without and stereo going just to see if the capacitors would come on and they DID! i just want to know what the chances are the foil could melt or...anything. there are several fuses between the amps and the battery along with the circuit breaker on 4 awg wire. please let me know, i haven't had subs in this new car yet and it's been months since i've had a system going at all

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-25-2006 09:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neosan Click here to Send neosan a Private Message Find more posts by neosan Add neosan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrwigglezdj

RE: aluminum foil fuse

quote:
Originally posted on 07-25-2006 by neosan
hope that caught your attention. i ordered a rockford battery clamp not knowing (it wasn't in the description) that it was a maxi fused clamp. while this is great and all, i already have a circuit breaker hooked up and the beetle was using one of the fuse slots as it's accessory power connection. a guy at schucks said he's heard of people using aluminum foil in the spot when they have a setup like mine. i tried it without and stereo going just to see if the capacitors would come on and they DID! i just want to know what the chances are the foil could melt or...anything. there are several fuses between the amps and the battery along with the circuit breaker on 4 awg wire. please let me know, i haven't had subs in this new car yet and it's been months since i've had a system going at all

if youre worried about falure of the foil would a quarter dime or nickle even a penny work to bridge the gap? if so im useing a penny under my hood to power one of my amps because the fuse went bad (corroded) and just havent got a new fuse yet and it works great

New Post 07-25-2006 07:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neosan

wouldn't work in this case, but i'll keep that idea for future applications....the donald trump enclosure maybe?....bills and coins all over?.....hmm

New Post 07-26-2006 12:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for neosan Click here to Send neosan a Private Message Find more posts by neosan Add neosan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mobass

RE: aluminum foil fuse

quote:
Originally posted on 07-25-2006 by neosan

there is a guy with one nut because he put a 22 shell LOADED in the fuse slot, his light fuse blew out and slipped that in and took off, bullet got hot and BAM, now he is a one nut wonder. might be an urban myth STILL funny though.

New Post 07-27-2006 07:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mobass Click here to Send mobass a Private Message Find more posts by mobass Add mobass to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KickerKitty

RE: RE: aluminum foil fuse

quote:
Originally posted on 07-25-2006 by mrwigglezdj
if youre worried about falure of the foil would a quarter dime or nickle even a penny work to bridge the gap? if so im useing a penny under my hood to power one of my amps because the fuse went bad (corroded) and just havent got a new fuse yet and it works great

Thought you might like to know you made my signature Hall Of Shame with that lamebrained comment. GW. hahahahahahhaha

New Post 07-28-2006 09:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KickerKitty Click here to Send KickerKitty a Private Message Find more posts by KickerKitty Add KickerKitty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squeak9798

RE: RE: aluminum foil fuse

quote:
Originally posted on 07-27-2006 by mobass
there is a guy with one nut because he put a 22 shell LOADED in the fuse slot, his light fuse blew out and slipped that in and took off, bullet got hot and BAM, now he is a one nut wonder. might be an urban myth STILL funny though.

Mythbusters tested that. It's actually possible to do, but the current required is much higher than the standard factory automotive cabling can handle....I think they had to use 4ga or 0ga wire in order to make it work

New Post 07-30-2006 02:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for squeak9798 Click here to Send squeak9798 a Private Message Find more posts by squeak9798 Add squeak9798 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting