Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > What constitutes a competition system?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
digitalamish

What constitutes a competition system?

I've been curious about competitions since I started upgrading my system. I'm waiting for the next event to pop up in my area so I can go check it out. Is there a newbie guide on these events? As the title says, what constitutes a competition system? Once I am finished I'll be driving 2 10" solobarics from a Kicker ZR360. I also have a zx460 driving Polk 6.5" in the doors. Everything is running off of a Kenwood DPX701. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of a competition is those guys with 6 12" subs and 4000 watts of power. Is there a class that I could eventually compete in, or am I better off just being a spectator?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-08-2006 03:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for digitalamish Click here to Send digitalamish a Private Message Find more posts by digitalamish Add digitalamish to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssi

the most entertaining form of competition ive found is bass race. bass race does not require the extremely high end equipment, it all comes down to how well you can control your system, notice i say CONTROL! bass race is for "street beaters" and "ground pounders". you play music for 30 seconds and it takes an AVERAGE score, not a peak. classes are 119.9 and down, 120-129.9, 130-139.9, 140-149.9, 150-159.9, and 160+. the advantage of this form of competition is that the "average" consumer can be competitive, everyone has the same chance of winning, and it "run what you brung". i can compete in the 119.9 and down class and win with my ford taurus and the factory stereo. im currently #2 in the world in points in the 130-139.9 class and #1 in the world in the 130-139.9 class in average score. bass race is THE future of audio competition.

New Post 08-08-2006 04:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ssi Click here to Send ssi a Private Message Find more posts by ssi Add ssi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cerob

I would say go for it. For me there is nothing like being a competitor at a stereo competition, but that is just me. Maybe you don't like competing, but you will never know until you give it a honest effort. And as far as "What constitutes a competition system?" What ever system a competitor has in their vehicle is a competition system. As long as you are happy with your system, that is all that matters. Some people are just not satisfied unless they are constantly pushing the envelope and trying to get louder, while others are just as happy with having a "street banger" or "ground pounder" system and showing it off to people at the shows they attend.

New Post 08-11-2006 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cerob Click here to Send cerob a Private Message Find more posts by cerob Add cerob to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OnYrMrk

RE: What constitutes a competition system?

quote:
Originally posted on 08-08-2006 by digitalamish
I've been curious about competitions since I started upgrading my system. I'm waiting for the next event to pop up in my area so I can go check it out. Is there a newbie guide on these events? As the title says, what constitutes a competition system? Once I am finished I'll be driving 2 10" solobarics from a Kicker ZR360. I also have a zx460 driving Polk 6.5" in the doors. Everything is running off of a Kenwood DPX701. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of a competition is those guys with 6 12" subs and 4000 watts of power. Is there a class that I could eventually compete in, or am I better off just being a spectator?

to me a competition install is one that you compete with. With SPL installs not really needing to be pretty to be competitive, you can get away with some really fun competition. For SQ, both USAC and IASCA prefer to have a clean install to look at...but it isn't required in the new Q class at USAC. No install judging, just how clean is the soundstage and imaging.

A competition car is one you compete with. If you are proud of your accomplishment, run it through the lanes. Enjoy!

New Post 08-11-2006 03:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for OnYrMrk Click here to Send OnYrMrk a Private Message Find more posts by OnYrMrk Add OnYrMrk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
splhoopty

Like everyone is saying, If you got something in the truck that goes BOOM then you got a competition system. I host shows all over and there are guidlines to a system. If you got it then play it. You should be but in a class against others just like yourself. The only way you will ever learn anything about the sport is to try it and dont be discouraged becuz someone was louder, we all started somewhere and had to learn the same way. I have broken 5 different world records this year becuz I didnt quit after my first show. Now I run one of the loudest teams and I still help non team members that want to learn. Thats what its all about... I've helped a good number of people on this forum...... Just have to seek it...

New Post 08-11-2006 06:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for splhoopty Click here to Send splhoopty a Private Message Find more posts by splhoopty Add splhoopty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrwigglezdj

absolutly , rad is the main person thats helped me along since my first system (for those who remember with the 2 12's between the driver seat lol) and hes tought me alot since the first of the year and was more than helpful even before he knew me so ya ask and you will learn if you ever so wish to do so ...most if not many are helpful and see it as a hobby and enjoy heling others compete as well , and its not all about what you learn it also has alot to do with who you meet and how much fun you have as youre learning

New Post 08-11-2006 06:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
megatronixs

yeah compeating is fun yestarday was my frist competion i went to watch and check out the scene well i desided to enter for my first time i entered the mini street 1-2 class and i took first with a 140.2 from an 8in now im hooked im geting me two t2's tune it to 40 hz or something along thoughs lines and let it rip haha

New Post 08-20-2006 02:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for megatronixs Click here to Send megatronixs a Private Message Find more posts by megatronixs Add megatronixs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
megatronixs

dang thats a good average

New Post 08-20-2006 10:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for megatronixs Click here to Send megatronixs a Private Message Find more posts by megatronixs Add megatronixs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting