Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > Something wrong with this SPL box ???pls need advise
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
oxy

Something wrong with this SPL box ???pls need advise

i had GZ Nuclear 12" and was not satisfied with 148dB in VW Polo, so i bought 2 X Soundstream Tarantula T4-10" subs to go higher than this.... but ... it cant go over 147.9, i gues my box is crappy . Amplifier is GZ2.3000D, that is about 2000 Wrms @ 2 ohm (measured) box is : 1,8 cu.ft NET volume, aeroport 6", lenght 12" , thats tunning of 52 Hz My car peaks @ 56 Hz T4-10 parameters: Fs:40Hz Vas 0.35 cu.ft xmax: +- 0,63" Qms: 1,975 800 Wrms DVC: 1+1 ohm So please, can somebody help me ? i dont know what to do ? Smaller or bigger box ? How much ?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-09-2006 07:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for oxy Click here to Send oxy a Private Message Find more posts by oxy Add oxy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrray13

test both...no way in the worldanyone can correctly answer that question....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

New Post 08-27-2006 07:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrray13 Click here to Send mrray13 a Private Message Find more posts by mrray13 Add mrray13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
moxom

I don't think it's going to be easy the coax higher ouput from the Tarantulas, because the GZs have a higher excursion limit and they're more sensitive.

New Post 09-01-2006 09:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for moxom Click here to Send moxom a Private Message Find more posts by moxom Add moxom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IrfaanH

Try a bigger box,i got 145 db's with a tiny batt,a 45 amp alternator,my car has no dynamat,its not completly sealed,i got 2 12 inch 3000w premier subs with a 3000 watt monoblock,so the amp pushes out 900 watts rms at 14.4volts @1ohm ,iwould be lucky if my voltage is that high, that means i should be getting bout 800 rms @ 1 ohm,but my subs are 2 ohm dvc's and my amp not stable at .5 ohm therefore needed to wire it to 2 ohms therefore getting 600 watt rms out of it,my subs can handle 1000 rms each!!!you do the math, my box 4.1 cubic ft with a 6 inch renforced port thats about 8.5 inches long,hope you understood im only an amateur so you dont hav to listen to me

New Post 10-08-2006 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IrfaanH Click here to Send IrfaanH a Private Message Find more posts by IrfaanH Add IrfaanH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Puppeterr

yes just try a bigger box try different frequencies untill you are satisfied :-)

New Post 10-10-2006 01:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Puppeterr Click here to Send Puppeterr a Private Message Find more posts by Puppeterr Add Puppeterr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RustyWCA

MORE POWER SCOTTIE!!!!!, A larger box wil make it more efficent if the suspention can take it at the same power imput

New Post 10-11-2006 01:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RustyWCA Click here to Send RustyWCA a Private Message Find more posts by RustyWCA Add RustyWCA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newfosgatesucks

Man, i could be wrong, but it would seem you have the same power goin to the ss's as you did the 12...and with their lower sensitivity it'll be hard to overcome...

New Post 02-14-2007 12:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for newfosgatesucks Click here to Send newfosgatesucks a Private Message Find more posts by newfosgatesucks Add newfosgatesucks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MTA

yeah sure... where are you from? VW Polo... must be in Europe ... box seems quite small playing cone excursion so you must have a high impedance rise and are probably getting no power out of your amp what is your subwoofers final DC resistance? did u test how much power you are actually getting out of your amplifier? impedance rise? that will tell you why you are not getting any louder... your car peaks at 56Hz but you're tuned to 52Hz... well that might also be a problem

New Post 02-14-2007 10:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MTA Click here to Send MTA a Private Message Find more posts by MTA Add MTA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gee

try a custom spl box just for spl!! It would be bigger thats. what I would do. and tune it to (52htz)

New Post 06-18-2008 05:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gee Click here to Send gee a Private Message Find more posts by gee Add gee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gee

that can be true!! But I'm doing spl!! They made me a bigger box, with 1amp out of 4 right now I'm hitting a 151 db... So for who ever is trying to get loud or louder do your home work!!! On your amps, subs, line driver, and dynamat the hell out of your car

New Post 07-31-2008 10:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gee Click here to Send gee a Private Message Find more posts by gee Add gee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wholesalediy002

car dvd players

what ?no way in the worldanyone can correctly answer that question

www.wholesalediy.com/

New Post 09-10-2008 03:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wholesalediy002 Click here to Send wholesalediy002 a Private Message Find more posts by wholesalediy002 Add wholesalediy002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting