Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > some help please
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
01stroud

some help please

i currently own a nice little amp by the name of mtx thunder 302 and was wondering what sub would work the best with it. i want something to bump pretty good, i know its not much power but its all i got the specs are listed below, thanks Power measured at 12.5 Volts DC: 75 Watts x 2 into a 4 Ohm load with less than 0.05% Thd+N 150 Watts x 2 into a 2 Ohm load with less than 0.1% Thd+N 300 Watts bridged into a 4 Ohm load with less than 0.1% Thd+N Dynamic Power (IHF-202 Standard) measured at 14.4 Volts DC 120 Watts x 2 into a 4 Ohm load 212 Watts x 2 into a 2 Ohm load 425 Watts bridged into a 4 Ohm load

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-22-2006 10:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 01stroud Click here to Send 01stroud a Private Message Find more posts by 01stroud Add 01stroud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
worlddre

Image Dynamics IDV3 Dual 2ohm. $100 shipped from cardomain

New Post 08-22-2006 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for worlddre Click here to Send worlddre a Private Message Find more posts by worlddre Add worlddre to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CarAudioFreak

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-22-2006 by worlddre
Image Dynamics IDV3 Dual 2ohm. $100 shipped from cardomain

Get a single voice coil 4 ohm sub rated at 300-500 watts rms and bridge it. You should get a pretty good little bump from that amp. Go for a single 12 in a sealed enclosure as for ported, you dont have enough power to really get it sounding good.

New Post 08-23-2006 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CarAudioFreak Click here to Send CarAudioFreak a Private Message Find more posts by CarAudioFreak Add CarAudioFreak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
worlddre

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-23-2006 by CarAudioFreak
Get a single voice coil 4 ohm sub rated at 300-500 watts rms and bridge it. You should get a pretty good little bump from that amp. Go for a single 12 in a sealed enclosure as for ported, you dont have enough power to really get it sounding good.

were you saying that he does not have enough power to make good use of a ported enclosure? If so that is incorrect as of the two enclosure types you mentioned ported would be the more effecient.

New Post 08-23-2006 12:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for worlddre Click here to Send worlddre a Private Message Find more posts by worlddre Add worlddre to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chaderboxlipp

quote:
Originally posted on 08-23-2006 by CarAudioFreak

your backwords. sealed takes more power. but why not a dvc? whats the reasoning behind that?

New Post 08-23-2006 06:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chaderboxlipp Click here to Send chaderboxlipp a Private Message Find more posts by chaderboxlipp Add chaderboxlipp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chaderboxlipp

I would go with 2 of these.

http://www.mycarjams.com/car_audio/hazel/detail/APTSPR12BL

they go well with out taking much power. but you have a bit of power. so you should be happy.

New Post 08-23-2006 06:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chaderboxlipp Click here to Send chaderboxlipp a Private Message Find more posts by chaderboxlipp Add chaderboxlipp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IPwnJoo

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-23-2006 by chaderboxlipp
I would go with 2 of these.

http://www.mycarjams.com/car_audio/hazel/detail/APTSPR12BL

they go well with out taking much power. but you have a bit of power. so you should be happy.

LMAO @ the "eye candy blue" in the title.

New Post 08-23-2006 12:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IPwnJoo Click here to Send IPwnJoo a Private Message Find more posts by IPwnJoo Add IPwnJoo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IPwnJoo

quote:
Originally posted on 08-23-2006 by AudiobahnSucks
forget audiopipe. With 300 watts, a Kicker CVR, or even a pair of kicker comps would work nicely for you. I've had lots of experience with those woofers, and they're pretty good performers off of limited power. I personally would recommend a pair of Kicker Comp 12's in a vented enclosure, 2 CF per chamber tuned to 34 hz. It'll bump pretty hard for only 300 watts. If you're looking more towards sound quality, go with the ID that was mentioned earlier. Excellent SQ subs.

But they don't have the "eye candy blue' bling to it! :)

New Post 08-23-2006 01:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IPwnJoo Click here to Send IPwnJoo a Private Message Find more posts by IPwnJoo Add IPwnJoo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CarAudioFreak

quote:
forget audiopipe. With 300 watts, a Kicker CVR, or even a pair of kicker comps would work nicely for you. I've had lots of experience with those woofers, and they're pretty good performers off of limited power. I personally would recommend a pair of Kicker Comp 12's in a vented enclosure, 2 CF per chamber tuned to 34 hz. It'll bump pretty hard for only 300 watts. If you're looking more towards sound quality, go with the ID that was mentioned earlier. Excellent SQ subs.

My bad!!! I did get that backwards, sorry I was in a hurry to go to court for a speeding ticket $400.00 plus traffic school. Anyway, I would suggest a single voice coil cause it is usually hard to find dual 2 ohm voice coils with not that much power rating. He only needs 300 watts rms. If you do go dual, check out Kicker CVR12 dual 2 ohm subs in a PORTED box.

New Post 08-23-2006 01:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CarAudioFreak Click here to Send CarAudioFreak a Private Message Find more posts by CarAudioFreak Add CarAudioFreak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01stroud

so do u think i could get away with the Kicker CompVR CVR152? if so should it be sealed or ported?

New Post 08-23-2006 01:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 01stroud Click here to Send 01stroud a Private Message Find more posts by 01stroud Add 01stroud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IPwnJoo

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-23-2006 by 01stroud
so do u think i could get away with the Kicker CompVR CVR152? if so should it be sealed or ported?

PORTED! Always ported.

New Post 08-23-2006 01:31 PM
CarAudioFreak

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-23-2006 by 01stroud

Yea CVR12 would be perfect. 400 watts rms and you will be able to run each voice coil in 2 ohms off that amp if you get dual 2 ohms for 300wrms. Get a ported box and you'll sound pretty good, you'll be surprised. Let us know how it goes.

New Post 08-23-2006 01:31 PM
CarAudioFreak

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
you're an idiot jackass. it doesnt matter if he gets a single or dual voice coil.

You've only been a member one day and calling people names huh. If you read my post I said excactly that. IT DOES NOT MATTER if you get a single voice coil 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm voice coils. Read what people write first before you start the shit talking.

New Post 08-23-2006 01:38 PM
IPwnJoo

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
"It's hard to find dual 2 ohm subs with not that much power handling" or whatever it was? kicker CVR. jl w3v2. audiobahn shit. I have been into car audio much longer than 1 day. In fact i work as an installer.

So does chiefaudiophile, you guys have something in common. LMAO!

New Post 08-23-2006 02:01 PM
IPwnJoo

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
joo pwnt me. im gonna shoot myself now. thanks for bringin that similarity up. i feel dirty.

you always have been a dirty little bastard though.

New Post 08-23-2006 02:08 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting