Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > is the kicker kx 2500.1 worth the money?
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
clintonvanatta

is the kicker kx 2500.1 worth the money?

i have 3 12 inch solo baric L7's and im thinking about the kicker kx2500.1 for an amp. the problem is it cost so much money, is it really worth the sticker price of $1400?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-25-2006 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for clintonvanatta Click here to Send clintonvanatta a Private Message Find more posts by clintonvanatta Add clintonvanatta to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IPwnJoo

RE: is the kicker kx 2500.1 worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted on 08-25-2006 by clintonvanatta
i have 3 12 inch solo baric L7's and im thinking about the kicker kx2500.1 for an amp. the problem is it cost so much money, is it really worth the sticker price of $1400?

$1400 is a little steep, they can be found for less. Go with the ZX2500.1 IMO for less than that as well. Shit, for $1400 you can have one hell of an amp that spits out more juice. I think the ZX2500.1 would be a sweet match for those subs as long as your final load gets down to 2 ohms, or just under.

New Post 08-25-2006 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IPwnJoo Click here to Send IPwnJoo a Private Message Find more posts by IPwnJoo Add IPwnJoo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dubsindatrunk

the ZX2500.1 is probably one of the most efficient high power amps on the market. definatly a great amp for a street beater. i'm sure you can find them a tad cheaper somewhere.

New Post 08-26-2006 04:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dubsindatrunk Click here to Send dubsindatrunk a Private Message Find more posts by dubsindatrunk Add dubsindatrunk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Puppeterr

that all depends on how you are going to wire the woofers, parallel or series, etc...... you might be better off just going with two subs in parallel (1ohm) instead of three in series/parallel (2.67ohm) the lower the impedance the louder the bass response will be IMO, just make sure your car has the power that the amp will ask it for :-)

New Post 08-26-2006 05:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Puppeterr Click here to Send Puppeterr a Private Message Find more posts by Puppeterr Add Puppeterr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dubsindatrunk

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-26-2006 by Puppeterr
that all depends on how you are going to wire the woofers, parallel or series, etc...... you might be better off just going with two subs in parallel (1ohm) instead of three in series/parallel (2.67ohm) the lower the impedance the louder the bass response will be IMO, just make sure your car has the power that the amp will ask it for :-)

well, the bass response is sub/enclosure dependent, has nothing to do with the amp or the load presented. as far as what the subs are wired to, it depends on the amp itself. if you wire to 2.67 on an orion 2500d, your not going to get as much power as the zx 2500.1 @ 2.67. the ZX is very good on the electrical system. a solid battery and the correct wiring is more than enough to suppport 1 of these, thats one of the reasons i recommend them in street applications.

New Post 08-26-2006 11:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dubsindatrunk Click here to Send dubsindatrunk a Private Message Find more posts by dubsindatrunk Add dubsindatrunk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dyedef1966

you can find better for less....shop it around before you decide, but if your set on it, It can be had online for less than $800

New Post 08-26-2006 11:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dyedef1966 Click here to Send dyedef1966 a Private Message Find more posts by dyedef1966 Add dyedef1966 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loumill

The KX is a beast of an amp, my buddy just let one get stolen on EBAY for 550. 1400 is steap though. The KX I feel are better than the new ZX line, I have seen birth sheets up to 3590 on the KX. anything under a grand is worth it.

New Post 08-26-2006 08:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for loumill Click here to Send loumill a Private Message Find more posts by loumill Add loumill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dubsindatrunk

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-26-2006 by loumill
The KX is a beast of an amp, my buddy just let one get stolen on EBAY for 550. 1400 is steap though. The KX I feel are better than the new ZX line, I have seen birth sheets up to 3590 on the KX. anything under a grand is worth it.

i'll have to talk to kicker, i believe the highest ever BS on the KX was 3090w. the ZX is more powerful ;)

New Post 08-26-2006 10:58 PM
MassOccur

I know someone you can get a brand new in Box Orion HCCA-D5000 From. Basically the same as last years Orion 2500D. It'll probably be around 550$ and is stable for daily driving @ .5 Ohms. AIM = HCCAFan He'll hook you up.

New Post 08-28-2006 03:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MassOccur Click here to Send MassOccur a Private Message Find more posts by MassOccur Add MassOccur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MassOccur

I know someone you can get a brand new in Box Orion HCCA-D5000 From. Basically the same as last years Orion 2500D. It'll probably be around 550$ and is stable for daily driving @ .5 Ohms. AIM = HCCAFan He'll hook you up.

New Post 08-28-2006 03:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MassOccur Click here to Send MassOccur a Private Message Find more posts by MassOccur Add MassOccur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LeofromtheH

sshiiiit 1440!?!?! thats alotta dough bra! u can deffinately find em for cheaper on the net. or if you're gonna spend 1440 u could buy an even bigger amp. two ia 20.1s????

i would take a zx instead though. known to run at 1 ohm daily, and .25, .5 for burps. and highly efficient as mentioned before.

New Post 08-28-2006 03:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LeofromtheH Click here to Send LeofromtheH a Private Message Find more posts by LeofromtheH Add LeofromtheH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LeofromtheH

sshiiiit 1440!?!?! thats alotta dough bra! u can deffinately find em for cheaper on the net. or if you're gonna spend 1440 u could buy an even bigger amp. two ia 20.1s????

i would take a zx instead though. known to run at 1 ohm daily, and .25, .5 for burps. and highly efficient as mentioned before.

Click Here to See the Profile for LeofromtheH Click here to Send LeofromtheH a Private Message Find more posts by LeofromtheH Add LeofromtheH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LeofromtheH

N2Audio

I-freaking-OLA??
I was down there for 2 years playing baseball at Allen! Small world.

FWIW - Kicker's a great amp, but you sure don't have to pay $1400 for the 2500.

New Post 08-28-2006 05:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
billhofe128

I'M GONNA REPLACE MY VAN GOH SERIES SOUND STREAM WITH THE KICKER LINE THERE F''N SWEET AND FUUK IT IT'S ONLY MONEY

New Post 08-28-2006 10:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for billhofe128 Click here to Send billhofe128 a Private Message Find more posts by billhofe128 Add billhofe128 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting