Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > What MP3 player has the best SQ
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
johny24

What MP3 player has the best SQ

I just got a new job where the manager has been telling me to bring in my Mp3 player, but mine is pretty brokeback. Sooo i was wondering if anybody knew which MP3 player has the best quality of sound, or possibly an equalizer. It needs to hold at least 1000 songs. Video playback, picture capabilities, voice record and radio capabilities would be sweet too. I know the ipods dont have eqaulizers so im trying to find something that sounds better. any input is well appreciated!!!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-25-2006 01:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for johny24 Click here to Send johny24 a Private Message Find more posts by johny24 Add johny24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pioneer~Saturn

But will those nanos get CD quality sound?

New Post 08-27-2006 02:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pioneer~Saturn Click here to Send Pioneer~Saturn a Private Message Find more posts by Pioneer~Saturn Add Pioneer~Saturn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

creative zen touch. is by far the best "mp3" player. no it wont play videos or anything, but you don't have to use mp3 with it. it has an eq and will last triple the time the ipod will. just remember to burn everything at the highest you can, 192 is probly the low i would go to. 256 would be better. lol. sry i couldn't get you one that played videos but that is the best one i can think of.

New Post 08-27-2006 03:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IPwnJoo

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-27-2006 by Pioneer~Saturn
But will those nanos get CD quality sound?

no mp.3 player is going to get CD quality sound. Will the difference be audible, maybe, maybe not, depending on who is listening. Great write up: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114272

New Post 08-29-2006 02:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IPwnJoo Click here to Send IPwnJoo a Private Message Find more posts by IPwnJoo Add IPwnJoo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

but the creative if i remember right doesn't need mp3 it can be different formats, lots of different formats. so with that i believe you could get very very very close to CD quality. but now isnt record even better than CD? being if it was printed first and other such things. cause that is the actual sound and not a digital recording of it? but cd does have great quality. and i am probly wrong on the record part.

New Post 08-29-2006 05:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

are you retarded or what? i owned both. and i own the brand new ipod and one of the first zen touches. so lets put it this way zen last about 40 hours of ocnstant play time. to the ipods what? 8 tops? ok gets killed there. then it holds as many songs. but woops can't do vid, but it is for music so i am going to move on. now "sound" is different, i think it has more control and better handle on it's files than the ipod does based on the fact that it can hold different file types, and not just mp3. so in closing the ipod is the most over rated piece of crap on the planet. even though i am going to buy one so i can use the ipod interface in my next truck just so i have a ton of music. and i am not saying the ipod si bad just better out there for cheeper.

New Post 08-30-2006 08:59 AM
defnyung

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-30-2006 by PowerAcoustikman
^^Yeah and virtually everything out there does not support their Mp3's. For like car stereo's, home audio, ect. Ipod is a much better choice.

I have to agree with PAman. I would definitely recommend an iPod any day. I used to own an old archos 20gig mp3 player. I sold that and now I have a 4gig Mini and 30 gig video iPod. The mini is hooked up to my Panasonic H/U. All I can say is that is sounds friggin amazing.

And it's true, so much shit out there that is compatible with iPod...why choose other mp3 players?

Oh, if you want to tweak your iPod and add an eq...go here. RockBox

New Post 08-30-2006 06:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for defnyung Click here to Send defnyung a Private Message Find more posts by defnyung Add defnyung to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

.....have ok when someone says something like type-r is the best sub, or talks about JL and people jump on there nuts. but now we are in a relm that lots have some knowledge but not massive amount. but the ipod is just like JL a great product, and really took the mp3 off the ground(But that is why everything is capable with them). but for the price and cheeper you can find a MUCH better product, even though it is a good product. also it is the only one with video, and personally i find that retarded cause it is ment for music.

New Post 08-30-2006 06:45 PM
9oh7

ok, Apple did start the mp3 revolution, and i already stated that. and it does have the compatibly, i totally agree with both of these statements. but i totally disagree that they are the best, for playing music. i think that my sony network walkman has the same amount of music holding, quality is great for listening, with headphones, and the battery lasts longer. now for most people who want a good all around product that is easy to use, then the i pod is the best buy. but people, like me who want to be able to bring it on long trips and not have to charge it, there are better options for cheeper. and i said everything you are saying already...more than once. and i am very much more knowledgable about compters and computer electronics than i am about car audio.

i will not say that the ipod is the best. but i will say for something that lots of people can use with ease, has lots of compatiblities, and has started a revolution, it is still a great product. but it is not the best mp3 player (portable MUSIC player).

New Post 08-30-2006 09:25 PM
9oh7

where are you getting your information? i have BOTH i listen to both, and the ipod has good sq, but the creative has better SQ. so please show me where you are getting you information? the apple store? apple.com?

New Post 08-31-2006 12:23 AM
OnYrMrk

MP3 and SQ should never be in a sentence together. Mainly because you will never get cd quality through a compressed audible signal. Any of the MP3 players will sound good through a standard set of headphones. Will they sound better through a Seinhauser (sp?) or Bose headphone. Nope, they will sound the same. Buy what you want, don't listen to any of these guys here. Buy what sounds good to you. But understand this, no matter how much you tweak the signal, an MP3 will be noisy. YOU WILL NEVER GET CD SOUND FROM AN MP3 PLAYER. That being said, you can pick up a portable cd player at wal-mart for 20 bucks

New Post 08-31-2006 09:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for OnYrMrk Click here to Send OnYrMrk a Private Message Find more posts by OnYrMrk Add OnYrMrk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yoda06

It's not so much the noise that bothers me about mp3s, it's the lack of data. Standard CD=clear and loud. Mp3 of same song, 320KB/s...muddy. On headphones, miniscule differences, but some power behind it and "meh". So, following OnYrMark, get what you want.

New Post 08-31-2006 07:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yoda06 Click here to Send yoda06 a Private Message Find more posts by yoda06 Add yoda06 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RoadTrippin'

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-01-2006 by PowerAcoustikman
^^Dude you said those exact... All I did was copy and paste my friend. You said both...

No, he really did not. Go back and read his post in context of the thread.

New Post 09-01-2006 01:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RoadTrippin' Click here to Send RoadTrippin' a Private Message Find more posts by RoadTrippin' Add RoadTrippin' to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RoadTrippin'

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-01-2006 by PowerAcoustikman
I did... He used some poor grammar. He wrote rainbows, diamonds have gone way down hill. Usually how that is written that means Rainbows And Diamonds! Sorry to say

This is getting tiring. The friggin comma was used to show a pause in order to indicate a transition. And no, you would not use a comma as a conjuction for only two items in a list. At least I do not. You can do it however you want, I do not care.

New Post 09-01-2006 01:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RoadTrippin' Click here to Send RoadTrippin' a Private Message Find more posts by RoadTrippin' Add RoadTrippin' to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johny24

ok i was checkin out creative's new neeon 2, from what i read it basically the same size as the ipod nano, but it has more battery life plus it can play video (which i stopped caring about but its for bragging rights)............. I couldnt find a price and theres no dealers in canada for it yet! so if anybody knows a good online electronics store, thatd be sweet thanks

New Post 09-01-2006 01:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for johny24 Click here to Send johny24 a Private Message Find more posts by johny24 Add johny24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting