Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > whats up with the 1's?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TAPSniper

whats up with the 1's?

Heres a question for all of yah out there. I barely get my pics uploaded, when someones already come in and voted me all 1's on my ocac install. Whats the deal with that? I can understand all 1s if theres no pics, no description, poor installation and so forth, but considering I had none of those things, why would that warrent all 1's? Has this been happening a lot recently? I mean, I havnt been on the site for almost a year now, so maybe this is the norm now to just give everyones install a 1 if its not yours. anyways, the ocac used to be a lot of fun with peoples comments and such, but I found this pretty disheartening.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-27-2006 10:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAPSniper Click here to Send TAPSniper a Private Message Find more posts by TAPSniper Add TAPSniper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
raven15

RE: whats up with the 1's?

quote:
Originally posted on 08-27-2006 by TAPSniper
Heres a question for all of yah out there. I barely get my pics uploaded, when someones already come in and voted me all 1's on my ocac install. Whats the deal with that? I can understand all 1s if theres no pics, no description, poor installation and so forth, but considering I had none of those things, why would that warrent all 1's? Has this been happening a lot recently? I mean, I havnt been on the site for almost a year now, so maybe this is the norm now to just give everyones install a 1 if its not yours. anyways, the ocac used to be a lot of fun with peoples comments and such, but I found this pretty disheartening.

you start out with ones anyways.. have to start somewhere

New Post 08-28-2006 05:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for raven15 Click here to Send raven15 a Private Message Find more posts by raven15 Add raven15 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sqliberty

yup, it's been going on for a while now. there are people voting 10's on installs that have only a few bad pics and 1's for good installs.It's not as fun as it used to be. Oh well, still a good site to help the people who need it.

New Post 08-28-2006 08:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sqliberty Click here to Send sqliberty a Private Message Find more posts by sqliberty Add sqliberty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IPwnJoo

RE: whats up with the 1's?

quote:
Originally posted on 08-27-2006 by TAPSniper

I think 1's might be extreme, but IMO, there were definately some things you could have done to improve the install. There are way too many wires laying out for my taste. Just my .02 though.

New Post 08-28-2006 02:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IPwnJoo Click here to Send IPwnJoo a Private Message Find more posts by IPwnJoo Add IPwnJoo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAPSniper

RE: RE: whats up with the 1's?

quote:
Originally posted on 08-28-2006 by IPwnJoo
I think 1's might be extreme, but IMO, there were definately some things you could have done to improve the install. There are way too many wires laying out for my taste. Just my .02 though.

you know, thats fine, I never claimed mine to by the ultimate install or anything. But its deffinately a workable, safe install. Everything is Hidden in the trunk, and even then, I never got into the whole mounting stuff/fiberglassing but thats my next step in this hobby. anyways, to give me 1s when its an obviously working install, where the cars not going to set on fire, is ridiculous. hell even someone that does that deserves more than the guy who posts pics of HUs Speakers and Amps he got from the manufacturer websites. and says all the stuff hes GONNA do. Also, for creativity, I didnt use just a plain old dash install kit (added the chrome LEDs w/switch) and the lightbar amp in the back. that stuff may not seem all that wow with everyones pre-bought neon light kits and such, but It is creative. And for quality of materials, it may not be your favourite brands, but its not like im running a Pyle 8" off of a rockford fosgate series 1 bridged. Im using respected brands, and recognized quality equipment. The all 1s thing just pisses me off because i know its coming from some damn kid who hasnt touched a stereo, and just wants to piss on my parade.

New Post 08-28-2006 07:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAPSniper Click here to Send TAPSniper a Private Message Find more posts by TAPSniper Add TAPSniper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IPwnJoo

RE: RE: RE: whats up with the 1's?

quote:
Originally posted on 08-28-2006 by TAPSniper
you know, thats fine, I never claimed mine to by the ultimate install or anything. But its deffinately a workable, safe install. Everything is Hidden in the trunk, and even then, I never got into the whole mounting stuff/fiberglassing but thats my next step in this hobby. anyways, to give me 1s when its an obviously working install, where the cars not going to set on fire, is ridiculous. hell even someone that does that deserves more than the guy who posts pics of HUs Speakers and Amps he got from the manufacturer websites. and says all the stuff hes GONNA do. Also, for creativity, I didnt use just a plain old dash install kit (added the chrome LEDs w/switch) and the lightbar amp in the back. that stuff may not seem all that wow with everyones pre-bought neon light kits and such, but It is creative. And for quality of materials, it may not be your favourite brands, but its not like im running a Pyle 8" off of a rockford fosgate series 1 bridged. Im using respected brands, and recognized quality equipment. The all 1s thing just pisses me off because i know its coming from some damn kid who hasnt touched a stereo, and just wants to piss on my parade.

Please don't get me wrong, that is definately not a bottom of the barrell install, and I didn;t mean to imply that at all. I was just making a recomendation based on the fact that a majority of people seem to like the "bling" that comes with certain brands and caps with neon lights and voltage meters, that if you clean up the wires a ittle bit it may make a better impression. x2 on the inexperienced kid rating equipment that he has never seen or heard of before.

New Post 08-28-2006 10:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IPwnJoo Click here to Send IPwnJoo a Private Message Find more posts by IPwnJoo Add IPwnJoo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting