Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > This Site
Go Back Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RoadTrippin'

This Site

I have been giving it a lot of thought lately, and this site would be much better if we did not rate and compare the car audio systems of our members. I realize that this may have initially seemed like a "cool" idea, but we can all agree that it has disrupted the harmony that once existed on this forum. Due to the immature acts of certain people (whom I will not name), we have even had some well respected members of this forum leave. Also, and I am still investigating this, there may have even been deceitful manipulation of the ranking system! Although I am still open to listening to your comments, I must say that my mind is pretty well made up on this issue.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-29-2006 09:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RoadTrippin' Click here to Send RoadTrippin' a Private Message Find more posts by RoadTrippin' Add RoadTrippin' to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrwigglezdj

The Online Car Audio Competition (OCAC) is the first and only online car audio competition in the world. It lets beginners, enthusiasts, installers and car audio professionals to compete 24/7 without the loss of personal time and travel expenses. Members can simply create an install gallery of their car audio system or installers can post galleries for each of their installs. Anyone posting an Install Gallery automatically competes passively. You can compete actively by challenging others to Head2Head challenges to earn more competition points. Best of all, unlike most traditional competitions, there is no annual membership fees or cost to the competitors, and you can shar your install with over 2 million visitors and have the chances to win trophies and prizes.
well your idea is rite in alot of ways, but the whole point of the site is to show off what you have and be able to rate others aswell as have yours rated as well

New Post 08-29-2006 09:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IPwnJoo

The online rankings and challanges take one crucial part of the "sound off" out of the mix . . . . . the sound.

New Post 08-29-2006 09:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IPwnJoo Click here to Send IPwnJoo a Private Message Find more posts by IPwnJoo Add IPwnJoo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RoadTrippin'

Good Points

I never really realized all of that before. I think you have even me convinced. It sounds like a good thing, maybe just needs a little tweaking.

New Post 08-29-2006 09:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RoadTrippin' Click here to Send RoadTrippin' a Private Message Find more posts by RoadTrippin' Add RoadTrippin' to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RoadTrippin'

Here is an idea

Since we now want to keep the competition, but cut out all of the bickering and cheating among ourselves, what do you guys think about having independent judges involved? I was thinking that maybe we can get some of the folks from one of the other forums judge. What do you think about having the members of sounddomain or caraudio.com judge the installs???

New Post 08-29-2006 10:02 PM
RoadTrippin'

Here is an idea

Since we now want to keep the competition, but cut out all of the bickering and cheating among ourselves, what do you guys think about having independent judges involved? I was thinking that maybe we can get some of the folks from one of the other forums judge. What do you think about having the members of sounddomain or caraudio.com judge the installs???

New Post 08-29-2006 10:02 PM
mrwigglezdj

but the whole point of the site is to show off what you have and be able to rate others aswell as have yours rated as well

New Post 08-29-2006 11:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BJ99

RE: Here is an idea

quote:
Originally posted on 08-29-2006 by RoadTrippin'

We did lose alot of well respected members to stupid things in the competitions. About the individual judge idea, if you would have seen what members of caraudio.com did a couple days a ago you would scrap the idea.

New Post 08-29-2006 11:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BJ99 Click here to Send BJ99 a Private Message Find more posts by BJ99 Add BJ99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RoadTrippin'

RE: Changed mind again.

quote:
Originally posted on 08-29-2006 by IPwnJoo
The online rankings and challanges take one crucial part of the "sound off" out of the mix . . . . . the sound.

Wow, I really can't believe I did not think of that before. What do you say guys? He is right isn't he?? In the end isn't that what car stereo should be all about? Sound? Now the competition seems down right silly. I mean doesn't the competition now necessarily just reward people for making the cars look ghetto? This has got to stop. This "competition" is making us all look like idiots.

New Post 08-30-2006 08:23 AM
IPwnJoo

Overall, it is a nice way to display an install you put many hours into. Unfortunately, from what I have seen lately, the guy who leaves his amp(s) sliding around in the trunk without even a half-assed attempt to hide any wires seems to score better than someone who took the time to clean up the install and put the components where they are best suited for that particular install. I bet if I tossed a FUBR off of an MA Audio "5000 Watt" amp, a couple of caps, and some ghetto neons in the back of my Tahoe, I could take top honors.

New Post 08-30-2006 02:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IPwnJoo Click here to Send IPwnJoo a Private Message Find more posts by IPwnJoo Add IPwnJoo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RoadTrippin'

Well how do they do it at "real" competetions held in person? Do they actually turn on the stereos? Or do they just look at each others' stereos like we do here?

New Post 08-30-2006 03:34 PM
Donsway

Maybe we can all show up to your house and do this for real!! Weekend after next will be good for me:) So where is it that you live?

New Post 08-30-2006 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RoadTrippin'

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-30-2006 by Donsway
Maybe we can all show up to your house and do this for real!! Weekend after next will be good for me:) So where is it that you live?

I don't think I am your type. I am over the age of 18.

New Post 08-31-2006 03:27 AM
Donsway

And I thought you were here to help everyone with this site, but no just here to talk crap. Not even good crap that was a comment from a 12 year old, you can do better:) I guess I got you mad over the Kickerkitty thing, but I really thought you were him. He could be a real ass sometimes, just like you:)

New Post 08-31-2006 08:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

I was going to say that, but after his last comment the smart thing did not fit:)

New Post 08-31-2006 09:26 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting