Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > Batteries
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
punkroc719

Batteries

Ok this is gonna be a little different question from the usual which is better extra battery or cap or alt. I am about to change the battery in my truck out for a Kinetik battery. Does anyone have one of these? From what I have read on it, it is like an aircraft battery (high discharge/charge rate) and this means it is made different then regular batteries. I am also looking at doing multiple batteries in another car I am working on and I am wondering if I should do the Kinetik in it as well or go with Tsunami batteries? I guess I am looking to see what works best for those of you who have multiple batteries. I have heard bad things about the new Optima yellow tops and this is from the manufacturer themselves. Thanks in advance.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-01-2006 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for punkroc719 Click here to Send punkroc719 a Private Message Find more posts by punkroc719 Add punkroc719 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bgto45567

what did u hear about yellow tops?

New Post 09-25-2006 11:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bgto45567 Click here to Send bgto45567 a Private Message Find more posts by bgto45567 Add bgto45567 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
punkroc719

That they don't hold thier charge like they use to.

New Post 09-26-2006 02:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for punkroc719 Click here to Send punkroc719 a Private Message Find more posts by punkroc719 Add punkroc719 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

RE: Batteries

quote:
Originally posted on 09-01-2006 by punkroc719
Ok this is gonna be a little different question from the usual which is better extra battery or cap or alt. I am about to change the battery in my truck out for a Kinetik battery. Does anyone have one of these? From what I have read on it, it is like an aircraft battery (high discharge/charge rate) and this means it is made different then regular batteries. I am also looking at doing multiple batteries in another car I am working on and I am wondering if I should do the Kinetik in it as well or go with Tsunami batteries? I guess I am looking to see what works best for those of you who have multiple batteries. I have heard bad things about the new Optima yellow tops and this is from the manufacturer themselves. Thanks in advance.

alternator is best. adding a battery only adds more stress to your charging system. besides extra batts are only good for listenin to the stereo while the car is off.

New Post 12-27-2006 02:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoudAssGeo Click here to Send LoudAssGeo a Private Message Find more posts by LoudAssGeo Add LoudAssGeo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
audiolife

slowest thing in your electrical system is an alt. of course it makes power but it needs the battery to filter and to produce power the alt cant (even ho alts will run into this). the kinetik batteries of the same size have a higher capacity (over 50 aH in g31 size). if you are going to go to a really large set up ho alt and extra batteries are your best bet as the extra batteries in back help with the voltage drop from front to back.

New Post 12-28-2006 09:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for audiolife Click here to Send audiolife a Private Message Find more posts by audiolife Add audiolife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-28-2006 by audiolife
slowest thing in your electrical system is an alt. of course it makes power but it needs the battery to filter and to produce power the alt cant (even ho alts will run into this). the kinetik batteries of the same size have a higher capacity (over 50 aH in g31 size). if you are going to go to a really large set up ho alt and extra batteries are your best bet as the extra batteries in back help with the voltage drop from front to back.

actually, the battery is only designed to be a reserve used to crank the car and to power lights and stuff when the car is off. the alternator is designed to power the entire car when its running. thats why the postive post on the alternator usually goes through out the car and then to the battery

New Post 12-28-2006 10:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoudAssGeo Click here to Send LoudAssGeo a Private Message Find more posts by LoudAssGeo Add LoudAssGeo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
audiolife

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-28-2006 by LoudAssGeo
actually, the battery is only designed to be a reserve used to crank the car and to power lights and stuff when the car is off. the alternator is designed to power the entire car when its running. thats why the postive post on the alternator usually goes through out the car and then to the battery

take the battery out lights flicker really bad then your voltage regulator goes up in smoke. alts have a nasty ripple effect by themselves and in car audio in a large system when rpm isnt up it will pull from the battery.....

New Post 12-28-2006 10:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for audiolife Click here to Send audiolife a Private Message Find more posts by audiolife Add audiolife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
take the battery out lights flicker really bad then your voltage regulator goes up in smoke. alts have a nasty ripple effect by themselves and in car audio in a large system when rpm isnt up it will pull from the battery.....

ok, lets use horsepower for example. if you have a car and you add a high flow filter you get a lil more power yet the air come in better but doenst go out better so therefore you need a better exhaust/header. what i am saying you cant take benefit of a modification if its only partly done. you need a upgraded alternator in conjuction with a upgraded battery, along with upgraded engine grounds and alternator to battey wire(the big 3). using numerous battery's isnt the thing to do. it will cause more of a stain on an alternator thuis causing more flickering.

New Post 12-28-2006 10:12 AM
audiolife

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
ok, lets use horsepower for example. if you have a car and you add a high flow filter you get a lil more power yet the air come in better but doenst go out better so therefore you need a better exhaust/header. what i am saying you cant take benefit of a modification if its only partly done. you need a upgraded alternator in conjuction with a upgraded battery, along with upgraded engine grounds and alternator to battey wire(the big 3). using numerous battery's isnt the thing to do. it will cause more of a stain on an alternator thuis causing more flickering.

i concur but depending on the situation just the alt up grade or battery upgrade without taking into account how everything works is pointless. alts need batteries batteries need alts it depends on the time over overloading on the alt to what the vehicle needs. if you just upgrade the alt without taking advantage of the extra battery you still get a solid voltage drop at the amps.when doing anything its also important to make sure the condition of the electrical system of the car. i know a few people who think batteries are "bad" and run their cars so they idle at over 2000 rpm which in my opinion is pure stupidity for a daily driver lol

New Post 12-28-2006 10:20 AM
LoudAssGeo

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
i concur but depending on the situation just the alt up grade or battery upgrade without taking into account how everything works is pointless. alts need batteries batteries need alts it depends on the time over overloading on the alt to what the vehicle needs. if you just upgrade the alt without taking advantage of the extra battery you still get a solid voltage drop at the amps.when doing anything its also important to make sure the condition of the electrical system of the car. i know a few people who think batteries are "bad" and run their cars so they idle at over 2000 rpm which in my opinion is pure stupidity for a daily driver lol

right. i mean but the point we both have is you can just do one modification without the other. if you have a stock alt with numerous batts then that equals bad. if you have a upgraded alt with a stock batt that equals bad. you have to have both. but i still wouldnt run more than one batt under the hood and one in the back

New Post 12-28-2006 10:47 AM
audiolife

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
right. i mean but the point we both have is you can just do one modification without the other. if you have a stock alt with numerous batts then that equals bad. if you have a upgraded alt with a stock batt that equals bad. you have to have both. but i still wouldnt run more than one batt under the hood and one in the back

depends on the power. if you are over 3000 watts you will need more than 1 battery in back for daily. those that compete know what the batteries can do as well as the alts and if you only have room for 1 alt get the biggest you can and add batteries. the extra batteries wil at least act as a saftey net so you are less likely to toast amps or let amps toast subs...when i say this though im not saying 60 amp alt and use 10 batteries there is a little common sense that needs to be used

New Post 12-28-2006 11:06 AM
LoudAssGeo

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
depends on the power. if you are over 3000 watts you will need more than 1 battery in back for daily. those that compete know what the batteries can do as well as the alts and if you only have room for 1 alt get the biggest you can and add batteries. the extra batteries wil at least act as a saftey net so you are less likely to toast amps or let amps toast subs...when i say this though im not saying 60 amp alt and use 10 batteries there is a little common sense that needs to be used

sometimes you have to be very clear on this site lol. there are some people that will look at it like damn i can add batteries and be ok, next thing you know there taking batts out of a junk yard and before u know it they have 15 old batts power a 15000 watt lanzadwood amp they got at the flea market for 20 bucks thinkin it can power 20 15s haha

New Post 12-28-2006 11:52 AM
audiolife

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-23-2007 by smd4life
id replace the battery with a cap....if you turn your car on, and take off the battery, it will still run....so it doens't really need a battery, cum face

most cars you do that with you will fry the electrical system

New Post 04-23-2007 04:42 AM
TheSunDanceKid

hmm ive heard of connecting it to the exsisting battery never using it as a replacement

New Post 07-08-2007 04:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheSunDanceKid Click here to Send TheSunDanceKid a Private Message Find more posts by TheSunDanceKid Add TheSunDanceKid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tjsaudio

kinetik are very powerful batteries and very good. adding more batteries is not bad for you electrical system. without more batteries when you car IS runing and a large alt you will stil drop voltige. speaking from experince. we run 34500watts in our van (pics soon) and with 6 yellow tops and ohio gen we still drop 2 volts.Online Car Audio Competition Competitor

New Post 07-08-2007 08:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tjsaudio Click here to Send tjsaudio a Private Message Find more posts by tjsaudio Add tjsaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting