Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > Insurance companies can suck a fatty
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yoda06

Insurance companies can suck a fatty

I can afford practically any car I want, mid-size, compact, sport*camaro or mustang*. However, insurance companies feel the need to think I'm a shit driver because I'm 18, male, and single. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to race a fucking family car or a compact, and I know I'm a fucking much better driver than half the females I know. But no, girls are safer...even though they are more airheaded, know less about cars, etc.
To the female posters, I apologize, as I'm sure you're all excellent drivers. I'm just quite upset at the fact I can't buy a decent car because insurance companies are charging me more than the car is even worth.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-06-2006 03:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yoda06 Click here to Send yoda06 a Private Message Find more posts by yoda06 Add yoda06 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

yeah, sucks for us don't it? but we will do stupider things with our cars than most females would do.

New Post 09-06-2006 05:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAPSniper

yeah insurance companies do suck nutz. its pretty bad when you need to pay more insurance on a car than the car. I miss winnipeg for that. 800 bucks a year. no-fault. on every car.

New Post 09-06-2006 07:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAPSniper Click here to Send TAPSniper a Private Message Find more posts by TAPSniper Add TAPSniper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrwigglezdj

yea insurance sucks, ive never had a speeding ticket, seatbelt, or anything on my record and they still charge me 550 per 6 mos for my ugly ass van and thats only for what the law requires with the added uninsured motorist coverage pretty shity and im 25 i thought when you turnd 25 you get a discount on ins aslong as you have proven yourself to be a safe driver

New Post 09-06-2006 09:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bangin12s

It's a Frickin SCAM....and you gotta have it...

You ain't shittin!!! In 94 when the new Mustang come out I wanted one BAD!!! Went to the dealer got one all picked out....until I contacted my insurance company. The car payment was $380 and the insurance would have been $620!!!! WTF!!!! So I got a 94 Topaz AND that winter got a 94 Ranger XLT 4X4. Both of these rides together cost less and they were both brand new!!! I ended up selling the Topaz cut I drove the Ranger all the time.

New Post 09-06-2006 09:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bangin12s Click here to Send bangin12s a Private Message Find more posts by bangin12s Add bangin12s to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yoda06

I'm looking at Stratuses, Aleros, Monte Carlos, Altimas, Maximas, Camries and Accords.
I can afford any one of those cars. However, the fuckers at EVERY company I've gotten a quote from want to charge me three times the car's fucking value. Since the car is paid with a loan, I have to get full coverage. I am not settling for some shit mid-90's piece with high mileage and ugly interiors. I need a ride that will get me through college reliably, and with some concept of style. I'm not asking for much, but insurance companies are being some fucking assholes.
And do more stupid things? Like how my sister never checked her fluids...AT ALL, we don't put on make-up, mess with our hair, talk, look for things...No offense ladies, but the common teenage female driver is much, much worse than a guy. Really, the days of stop-light grand prix are long gone. The whole gender-based discount can go ahead and knock it the fuck off.

New Post 09-06-2006 10:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yoda06 Click here to Send yoda06 a Private Message Find more posts by yoda06 Add yoda06 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neosan

my girlfriend has this bad habit of reaching for the phone to answer it no matter what she happens to be in the middle of doing. u know, making a lane change onto the freeway that keeps throwing brake lights in front of u at random times. (or during sex............damn phone)

New Post 09-06-2006 10:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for neosan Click here to Send neosan a Private Message Find more posts by neosan Add neosan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yoda06

My cousin actually spun her car out reaching for the phone.

New Post 09-06-2006 11:06 PM
9oh7

well cars i bet racing is the only trouble you can get in. but me i drive a truck....and well i can do a lot of stupid things in it. i try my hardest not to, but i just get the urge every once in a while to do something stupid. and i mean i talk on my cell phone while driving, and occosionally text(only when i am in stop and go traffic). but i mean i know a lot of girls my age i wouldn't trust my own life driving with them. lol, but then my sister is an ok driver. the putting on make-up is probly the stupidest things i have seen a women do, i mean they are putting on mascara, and then they tap the brakes it gets in there eyes and bamb they can't see. lol. but yeah i see what you are saying. but the reason insurance companies do that is because...well A you are taking a loan. and B. you are a man and men have been known to do stupider things with there cars than females.

New Post 09-06-2006 11:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yoda06

I suppose. But gender discretion like that is outrageous. Why am I paying DOUBLE what the car is worth? Becuase I know if someone were to t-bone me, or it exploded for some reason, I'm not getting two cars back.

New Post 09-07-2006 12:04 AM
9oh7

some of it is that you are taking a loan out on the car. it would lower it if you paid cash for it. i mean i know that isnt an option, but that lowers insuarance. and then being older is another way to make your insurance lower.

New Post 09-07-2006 12:10 AM
mrwigglezdj

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-07-2006 by 9oh7
some of it is that you are taking a loan out on the car. it would lower it if you paid cash for it. i mean i know that isnt an option, but that lowers insuarance. and then being older is another way to make your insurance lower.

yea but how old before age beggins to help on the cost of insurance is my main question, i couldnt wait to trun 15 got my permit, 16 license, 18 smokes, 21 beer and 25 able to rent a car from enterprise and i thought cheaper insurance.i pay more now that im 25 than i did when i was 19 and had a brand new car on payments and full coverage with all the road side extras and crap

New Post 09-07-2006 01:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

It all come down to who cost them the most, and that is young men. When girls mess up it's a dent, but boys total the car their in and every other car that happen to be around. I was hell on cars but only took out one along with a power pole. I was lucky so many times, but it's the unlucky ones that push up the price.

Now I am glad to be into old cars that I can just pay for out right and insurance is not so bad. I keep 3 cars street legal at a time, and insurance cost me just under $1000 a year. I buy cars and trucks when someone has a too good of deal to past up. That is a bad thing though because now I drive as bad as others on the road. If I wreck I have another car to take it's place. If I try to pass and they speed up, I just start coming on over anyway. I really do hate that and tailgaters. I will stop hard if someone rides my ass so stay off Ballsy, that trailer hitch will hurt:) And that is why it cost so much, I'm sorry about that.LOL

New Post 09-07-2006 02:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bangin12s

If I used my blinker....I didn't cut you off...

I hate that too Don!!! I actualy play some of these idiots on the street. Like on the freeway, your pacing the car your in front of, and as soon as you hit the turn signal...they speed up to keep you from passing. Like you said, here I come anyway!!!!!

New Post 09-07-2006 08:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bangin12s Click here to Send bangin12s a Private Message Find more posts by bangin12s Add bangin12s to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yoda06

I have no problem picking up an older car, or a "grandpa" car as of now. Thing is, I can not afford to get something remotely unreliable, or with high mileage. Ohio roads, winter, and 60 miles a day will find a weakness in an older car, or multiple. 8000 dollars can get me MANY nice cars, that I can afford to make payments on. However, insurance is making it a pain. Anyone have any ideas? I like the Tauraus before the ugly ass bubble of the mid-late 90's, I like Grand Prixes*93...and 97-up, the rest are dogs*, Accords, Montes, Stratus, etc. Compacts cost more, so what I save in gas I pay more on insurance, they balance out. I also hate the look, feel, and ride of compacts. Anything mid/mid-small size, low mileage, and isn't ass-ugly. All I want.

New Post 09-07-2006 12:25 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting