Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > which amp for 2 15" solo-barics?
Go Back Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bean1

which amp for 2 15" solo-barics?

Plz suggest

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-11-2006 08:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bean1 Click here to Send bean1 a Private Message Find more posts by bean1 Add bean1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

L5 or L7? that will make a difference.

New Post 09-11-2006 10:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CarAudioFreak

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-11-2006 by 9oh7
L5 or L7? that will make a difference.

I hate these kinds of questions...they give you nothing to go off of. What brands do you like? Ported or sealed enclosure? What sound do you hope to achieve? Im not going to say A Rockford Fosgate 1000 watt amp if you dont like Fosgate from the start and have a ported setup which that amp will blow the L5's but would be ok in a sealed box.

New Post 09-12-2006 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CarAudioFreak Click here to Send CarAudioFreak a Private Message Find more posts by CarAudioFreak Add CarAudioFreak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
audiolife

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-12-2006 by CarAudioFreak
I hate these kinds of questions...they give you nothing to go off of. What brands do you like? Ported or sealed enclosure? What sound do you hope to achieve? Im not going to say A Rockford Fosgate 1000 watt amp if you dont like Fosgate from the start and have a ported setup which that amp will blow the L5's but would be ok in a sealed box.

thats good advice you may need a filter if you go ported.

New Post 09-12-2006 02:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for audiolife Click here to Send audiolife a Private Message Find more posts by audiolife Add audiolife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

wtf? and he doesn't even tell us what solo-baric he has. i am going to say 2 kicker kx2500.1 strapped togeather. lol. but in all seriousness, L5 or L7??? cause that will make a huge difference in what amp, as well as enclosure will help us decide on an amp.

New Post 09-12-2006 04:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bean1

I dont have the subs yet. I plan to buy them and a ported enclosure box. I'm prolly going to get the L5s cause i cant afford a ton of money on amp(s). I'm not even sure if i want 2 or 4 ohm (because i dont even know what it is). I'm a total noob im sry if u hate me for this really dumb question. If you guys could coach me through this I'm sure everything would turn out great. sorry for being annoying.

New Post 09-12-2006 06:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bean1 Click here to Send bean1 a Private Message Find more posts by bean1 Add bean1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

we just need more information to work with, it isn't you a lot of people do it, not just you. but dual 2 or dual 1 would only help with what amps you are choosing, so lets go like this, lets say you want 2 and you want to run the subs at 1 ohm, well in that cause i would get the dual 4 ohm subs, so lets see those 15's need as much power as the 12L7 so i would say the kicker kx1200.1, which is 350 on hifisoundconnection.com so that would push those perfect, i wouldn't set the gain that high cause subs tend to handle less power in a ported enclosure unless ran off of a filter, i believe kicker recomends a 24 db octive slope, which i have no clue what that means, please refer to a more knowledgble person on that. but in final

dual 4 ohm wired to 1 ohm, and then come back for wiring advice, and then the kicker kx1200.1 ran with a 24 db octive slope(again no clue what that is)

New Post 09-12-2006 06:33 PM
CarAudioFreak

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-12-2006 by 9oh7
we just need more information to work with, it isn't you a lot of people do it, not just you. but dual 2 or dual 1 would only help with what amps you are choosing, so lets go like this, lets say you want 2 and you want to run the subs at 1 ohm, well in that cause i would get the dual 4 ohm subs, so lets see those 15's need as much power as the 12L7 so i would say the kicker kx1200.1, which is 350 on hifisoundconnection.com so that would push those perfect, i wouldn't set the gain that high cause subs tend to handle less power in a ported enclosure unless ran off of a filter, i believe kicker recomends a 24 db octive slope, which i have no clue what that means, please refer to a more knowledgble person on that. but in final

dual 4 ohm wired to 1 ohm, and then come back for wiring advice, and then the kicker kx1200.1 ran with a 24 db octive slope(again no clue what that is)

I would also say since you are so new to go for sealed enclosure. Prefabricated ones usually suck and unless you really know what your doing I would not even attempt to build a ported one. A sealed enclosure at there recommended cuft. would be your best bet. Plus you will need between 2-4cuft. of space for each sub if you go ported. I think you will be ok with the L5's if this is your first system. Anything over 1000 watts RMS and your looking to upgrade your electrical system a little bit, like an extra battery. I would do "The Big 3" anyway and upgrade your existing car battery for one with the most Cold Cranking Amps it will fit. I would stick with the 2 15" L5's in a sealed box and a Hifonics Brutus 900 watt RMS amp at 2 ohms. Make sure you get the DUAL 2 OHM SUBS though or you'll have the wrong ohmage for that amp. 900 watts RMS to 2 15" L5's is gonna hit super hard. What do you think about this idea 9oh7?

New Post 09-12-2006 07:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CarAudioFreak Click here to Send CarAudioFreak a Private Message Find more posts by CarAudioFreak Add CarAudioFreak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bean1

I listen to rap music and i saw that ported enclosure was best for it. I was going to buy the box not build it. You still suggest sealed/

New Post 09-12-2006 07:12 PM
CarAudioFreak

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-12-2006 by bean1
I listen to rap music and i saw that ported enclosure was best for it. I was going to buy the box not build it. You still suggest sealed/

yea you can definetally do what he said, you'll have no problem. Im more concerned about you going with a ported enclosure and it sounding like crap cause you do not know how to tune a ported box and have no idea of what hrz. you want it tuned to. Im also concerned about you getting L7's and the wattage you'll need to push those subs. You'll have to use 1/0 guage wire and upgrade your electrical system a bit. Once you hit around 1000 watts RMS, things get more complicated like extra batteries and bigger alternators.

New Post 09-12-2006 07:15 PM
CarAudioFreak

quote:
yea you can definetally do what he said, you'll have no problem. Im more concerned about you going with a ported enclosure and it sounding like crap cause you do not know how to tune a ported box and have no idea of what hrz. you want it tuned to. Im also concerned about you getting L7's and the wattage you'll need to push those subs. You'll have to use 1/0 guage wire and upgrade your electrical system a bit. Once you hit around 1000 watts RMS, things get more complicated.

Ported is better if it is properly built and tuned by a profesional. I have yet to hear a prefabricated box that is already built sound very good. What kind of car is this going in? I doubt that you'll have the room to put 2 15's in a ported box in your trunk.

New Post 09-12-2006 07:17 PM
bean1

Seems like the Hifonics Brutus are much cheaper amps so i would go with one of those. I was going to buy 15L5s and buy a box and get it installed at a place (so i dont have to do anything). I would love to get the L7s but it would be too expensive of a project even tho the speakers arent much more then the L5s. I dont want to spend 900 on amp(s) and get a 2nd battery etc.

New Post 09-12-2006 07:19 PM
bean1

thats another problem, trunk room. I have a new TL

New Post 09-12-2006 07:20 PM
CarAudioFreak

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-12-2006 by bean1
Seems like the Hifonics Brutus are much cheaper amps so i would go with one of those. I was going to buy 15L5s and buy a box and get it installed at a place (so i dont have to do anything). I would love to get the L7s but it would be too expensive of a project even tho the speakers arent much more then the L5s. I dont want to spend 900 on amp(s) and get a 2nd battery etc.

If you were going with 2 12" L7's you would be fine in a ported box and the amount of amps they would take but 15's need ALOT of airspace to be ported and you'll need 2000 watts RMS to push them. Get dual 4 ohms subs for a 1 ohm load and check out this amp and go with the L5's and you'll be fine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HIFONICS-BXI1206D-1200w-MONO-CAR-STEREO-AMP-BX1205D_W0QQitemZ270025675346QQihZ017QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

New Post 09-12-2006 07:25 PM
bean1

quote:
If you were going with 2 12" L7's you would be fine in a ported box and the amount of amps they would take but 15's need ALOT of airspace to be ported and you'll need 2000 watts RMS to push them. Get dual 4 ohms subs for a 1 ohm load and check out this amp and go with the L5's and you'll be fine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HIFONICS-BXI1206D-1200w-MONO-CAR-STEREO-AMP-BX1205D_W0QQitemZ270025675346QQihZ017QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So get 15L5s duel 4 ohms for 1 ohm load, the amp on ebay and what about enclosure? Get one built for me from a place? Are 2 15s gonna fit in my trunk?

New Post 09-12-2006 07:35 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting