Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > Internet, homework, and the teenage mind......
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
audeogod

Internet, homework, and the teenage mind......

Well, I've heard of watching TV while doing homework, but I just found my stepson doing his homework and surfing the web at the same time. Needless to say, I put a stop to that. And of all things, he was doing algebra homework from an honors algebra class and using a graphing calculator at the same time while being on the internet. Since he has a D in that class right now, I think I have a better idea why now.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-12-2006 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for audeogod Click here to Send audeogod a Private Message Find more posts by audeogod Add audeogod to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gav09

lol i watch tv and sit in front of the computer while doing homework...i don't think that there is anything wrong doing it unless he's not getting anything accomplished

New Post 09-12-2006 09:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gav09 Click here to Send gav09 a Private Message Find more posts by gav09 Add gav09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
audeogod

Well, he wasn't doing anything on there that was homework related so I had to make him stop. He was reading e-mail when I found him. Had all the books and calculator out there and doing nothing with them.

I was dumbfounded when I saw it, and had to laugh, but I told him he had to finish his homework and he could get back on when he was done, which he did.

New Post 09-13-2006 08:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for audeogod Click here to Send audeogod a Private Message Find more posts by audeogod Add audeogod to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
defnyung

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-12-2006 by Shannon
aww, don't be so hard, sometimes the net helps with that stuff. i used the net like crazy when i took calculus last year.

What? Did you not read that this kid has a D? Take away the damn net and t.v. until he can bring it up to at least a c+. That's the problem with todays youth, they get away with murder. But, it's the parents fault. I'm 35 and consider myself to be old school.
Anyways, no net for this kid!

New Post 09-13-2006 02:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for defnyung Click here to Send defnyung a Private Message Find more posts by defnyung Add defnyung to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

well i am 3 credit hours away from being a full time college student, and in high school. and i have calc, and some other classes, but i mean honestly, there is nothing wrong with being on the net while doing homework, and watchign tv. and i am manging all A's...well one B but that is comming up soon.

New Post 09-13-2006 03:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
defnyung

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-13-2006 by Shannon
What? Did you not read that the net helped me pass calc BC?

Your generalization of todays youth is whats wrong with todays youth.

What? Did you also have a D? Common now. This is is going to fail and maybe, just maybe staying away from the net and hitting the books a little more along with dad or moms help can help. Generalizing is the problem with todays youth? LOL...ok, if you say so.

New Post 09-13-2006 04:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for defnyung Click here to Send defnyung a Private Message Find more posts by defnyung Add defnyung to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
defnyung

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-13-2006 by 9oh7
well i am 3 credit hours away from being a full time college student, and in high school. and i have calc, and some other classes, but i mean honestly, there is nothing wrong with being on the net while doing homework, and watchign tv. and i am manging all A's...well one B but that is comming up soon.

Some students such as you and shannon can be on the net and still get the good grades. But this kid is FAILING! So many americans are content with mediocrity. That's why americans are so behind in math and other subjects.

Watch and learn and you might agree, this kid needs a time out and time away from his computer.

">

New Post 09-13-2006 04:06 PM
defnyung

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-13-2006 by Shannon
Yes, I did also have a D. I had a hard time concentrating as some problems took rise in my life this time last year.
The net helped me make sense of many concepts which allowed me to study and I was able to pass with an A.
(Can't study what doesn't make sense and get anything out of it)

I didn't say generalizing was the problem, but rather your blatant generalization.

We're not all out to "get away with murder" as you put it. We're not all contempt with mediorcity.

I commend you for passing your class and trying to deal with your problem this time last year.

I believe few students such as yourself(we all know you're extremely intelligent here on carstereo.com)can play around on the net and watch tv at the same time and still kick ass in class. However, more and more kids can't. If you saw the Stupid in America report....case in point.

But anyways, you and 9oh7 are probably an exception to the rule. Keep up the good grades.

New Post 09-13-2006 04:34 PM
9oh7

lol why thank you. i think that if i applied myself more i would have had better grades all through out high school, while there is no way i can compare to shannons problems, i had a year where my dad moved out of the state and left me hanging, and even though it doesn't seem like a huge problem it did hurt me. but now i am living with my father and my grades and getting better and better.

New Post 09-13-2006 05:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dyedef1966

I knew a girl that had DD's and still got A's. WTF!!!! Shannon, do you have A's, B's, C's or D's???? J/K

New Post 09-13-2006 07:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dyedef1966 Click here to Send dyedef1966 a Private Message Find more posts by dyedef1966 Add dyedef1966 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
audeogod

I had no idea this would get such a response. Let me say that my stepson is very smart. Up until now, he has had nothing but straight A's. Not even B's.

This year he has elected on his own to take a higher class, and he is the only sophmore in it. All the rest are juniors and seniors. He took it thinking it might help him when he gets to college, since he will have already had some exposure to the more complicated math.

BUT, he is also somewhat lazy. So he's slack at studying. He's never really had to before cause he just breezed through school. But now he's hit a class where he has to try a little bit to pass.

His D is a 68%, which is almost......almost a C....but not quite. However being that it's a weighted class, his D actually counts as a C towards his G.P.A.

I'll feel better if he get's a C in this class cause it won't affect his G.P.A. that much being counted as a B. And it's a grade more advanced than he's supposed to be in anyway, so he's not failing miserably yet. This is only the first 9 week period of the school year. I'd love it if he got a B(counted as an A), and I'd be blown away if he could get an A outright. And if he could, I'm gonna quit my job and send him on out to bring home the money cause he's smarter than me. Hell, I had all that stuff in college and I got an A in it, but some of the stuff he's doing wasn't even taught to us there.

New Post 09-13-2006 08:26 PM
9oh7

there are JR. in my calc AB class, and so next year they will be in calc BC(same class as me). i think that he needs to be taking more channelging classes. i mean i am 1 year a head, and i went through the lazy phase in my life, but he will learn that this is important to his future. but i mean he has had all A's, and is only a sophmore? i mean not to sound super mean or antyhing at all, but i mean in the public school system now a days, that isnt that hard of an accomplishment. i mean not saying that some teachers or classes aren't hard, but he will probly like college better, than high school, i know i like my college classes way better than my high school.

New Post 09-14-2006 04:51 PM
9oh7

wow i don't start until next fall, but i start with calc BC and lots of other classes, trying to go for a double masters. hopefully i will make it.

New Post 09-14-2006 05:56 PM
9oh7

i am just trying to keep up with AB, sooooo easy easy easy right now. getting kinda bored in the class, haveing it at 7:30am probly doesn't help at all. and then english at 6:30 the same morning, then physics at 9:50am, lol. lots of math and stuff in one day.

New Post 09-14-2006 06:01 PM
9oh7

my physics teacher lets me goof off cause i am like in the top 2 sartest people in that class, so we finish early then we play card.

New Post 09-14-2006 06:10 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting