Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > H.U.'s wit largest RMS out & sound quality?
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pablome

H.U.'s wit largest RMS out & sound quality?

I found Alpine ce-9813/15 to have prety high RMS out of 27W and good sound quality, although the display isnt the greatest and the controls are a bit complex. Plus this model is discontinued.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-13-2006 07:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pablome Click here to Send pablome a Private Message Find more posts by pablome Add pablome to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dyedef1966

Whats the point, when you're gonna add an amp anyway?????

New Post 09-13-2006 07:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dyedef1966 Click here to Send dyedef1966 a Private Message Find more posts by dyedef1966 Add dyedef1966 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
audeogod

One thing to remember on that is that having a head unit that, say, puts out 5 to 7 more RMS watts than another isn't going to make that much difference.

Reason being is that it takes double the power to get a 3dB increase in volume. And it takes a 10dB increase in volume to consider it doubled.

To see how this works take a deck that puts out 22 RMS per channel on a 91dB speaker(similar to the ones we talked about in your other post).

Being that the speaker is rated at 91dB with one watt of input power, then at 2 watts, it would be 94dB, 4 watts makes it 97dB, 8 watts 100dB, 16 watts 103dB, and you don't have enough left to go to 32 watts(double the 16). So it ends up being about 104-105dB of volume.

Now same speaker again on 16 watts RMS output, about 6 watts less than the 22 RMS deck. Well, you can see from the above example that it will end up being 103dB.

So you can see a deck that puts out 16 watts RMS compared to one that puts out 22 watts RMS only makes about 1dB of difference. Since it takes 10dB to tell a doubling of volume, only one dB won't change that much. Even if you got the Alpine that put out 27RMS, it wouldn't do more than the 105dB, compared to a deck of 16 RMS at 103dB. See??

So I wouldn't worry all that much about that. Just get a good deck that you like and has the features you want, and of course a descent amount of RMS. Back in the day they had decks that were lucky to see 10 watts RMS per channel. You don't want that of course!

New Post 09-13-2006 07:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for audeogod Click here to Send audeogod a Private Message Find more posts by audeogod Add audeogod to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G00se

U cant expect to power ur speaker from a HU and get the best quality. It wont make mutch difference because the RMS are always low on a HU. They are not meant to give alot of power to power ur speakers. Ur goin to need a amp if u want to get everything u can out of ur speakers.

New Post 09-13-2006 10:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for G00se Click here to Send G00se a Private Message Find more posts by G00se Add G00se to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chiefaudiophile

As futile as it is Bang!

New Post 09-13-2006 11:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chiefaudiophile Click here to Send chiefaudiophile a Private Message Find more posts by chiefaudiophile Add chiefaudiophile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pablome

Alpine CD player CDA-9811??

I can get a guy to sell me a used Alpine CD player CDA-9811 for like $130 . Wonder if thats worth it? Any suggestions? He says "Works excellent and comes with its original remote control, wiring harness, sleeve and a 98-up honda harness and a 98-02 accord dashkit" The car I want it in is a civic 2000coupe. I hope its a good Deck. Iv heard the newer Alpines arnt built as great as the older.

New Post 09-14-2006 11:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pablome Click here to Send pablome a Private Message Find more posts by pablome Add pablome to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pablome

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-14-2006 by fordfreak
Panasonic mxe-cqc-9801u-31 watts rms-70 peak and yes it's cea compliant.I have four polk db 570's hooked up to it and it sounds pretty damm good.Adding an amp will no doubt make it sound much better but in the mean time it gets the job done.http://www.carstereo.com/installs/photo_gallery_album.cfm?photoid=31918&galleryid=1938&startrow=13&maxrows=12

Alrite i'll look into this one too. Although many dought the Panasonic H.U. brands.

New Post 09-14-2006 11:24 PM
Donsway

Over 3 years old, dust, high SLP, Texas heat. Will do it all inputs, outputs, tune it to death:) I love it!! Will be getting another.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

New Post 09-15-2006 01:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
audeogod

I had one 10 years ago and loved it. No problems with a Panasonic.

New Post 09-15-2006 07:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for audeogod Click here to Send audeogod a Private Message Find more posts by audeogod Add audeogod to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pablome

******perfect/great midrange Deck?*****

I dont want to dich out a bunch of cash cuz I aint rich. But its kinda hard to find some almost perfect decks cuz theres always some sort of problem(S) with wat I find. Here are some of the things I'd like for sure...: Black/dark colour not silver (to match the car), Built in EQ, 18 to 33W RMS, good High/Low Pass filter/crossover, Great sound quality...S/N Ratio: >90 dB, Actually good AM/FM Radio Reception, Non glary Displays but nice looking, non braking easy to use Buttons/controls, fast track selections, 4-5 volt pre-out, etc. Oh ya, CD, MP3 CD-rw (no DVD needed),I-pod ready(perhaps), SAT-XM/Sirius, HD not needed...the basics ofcourse. I do like the quality of Alpines but the newer ones I hear havnt been made as good as the older ones. Panasonic CQ-C8803U looks niiiiice but my g/f would kill me for starters for that cost...but I am so tempted. Pioneer DEH-P80MP, design- no like. If you guys know any better suggestions, please help, thankyou.

New Post 09-15-2006 12:03 PM
chiefaudiophile

RE: perfect/great midrange Deck?

quote:
Originally posted on 09-15-2006 by pablome
I dont want to dich out a bunch of cash cuz I aint rich. But its kinda hard to find some almost perfect decks cuz theres always some sort of problem(S) with wat I find. Here are some of the things I'd like for sure...: Black/dark colour not silver (to match the car), Built in EQ, 18 to 33W RMS, good High/Low Pass filter/crossover, Great sound quality, Actually good AM/FM Radio Reception, Non glary Displays but nice looking, non braking easy to use Buttons/controls, fast track selections, 4-5 volt pre-out, etc.

How much is a "bunch" of cash?

New Post 09-15-2006 12:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chiefaudiophile Click here to Send chiefaudiophile a Private Message Find more posts by chiefaudiophile Add chiefaudiophile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pablome

RE: RE: perfect/great midrange Deck?

quote:
Originally posted on 09-15-2006 by chiefaudiophile
How much is a "bunch" of cash?

For now a bunch of cash is in the range of 120-175US? Maybe $240 max.

New Post 09-15-2006 12:22 PM
pablome

RE: RE: RE: RE: perfect/great midrange Deck?

quote:
Originally posted on 09-15-2006 by fordfreak
Sounds like a lot on your wish list for that amount of money.

I guess but there are deals and there should be one out there,... no?

New Post 09-15-2006 01:25 PM
Donsway

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-15-2006 by fordfreak
Check this one out.http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6308.html

I can do it!!!

New Post 09-16-2006 01:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pablome

Pioneer or Alpine deck...hmmm

Should I go for a new or used Pioneer Premier DEH-6800MP(if I dont get the new Pioneer DEH-P7800MP) or a used Alpine CDA-7894 or used Alpine CDA-9811?

New Post 09-16-2006 01:27 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting