Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > crunch ground pounder amps
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
alpine247

crunch ground pounder amps

http://www.maxxsonics.com/crunch/GP_amps.html these amps any good thinking about getting one to power my RF T1

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-13-2006 09:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for alpine247 Click here to Send alpine247 a Private Message Find more posts by alpine247 Add alpine247 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

look pretty iffy to me -- under all the power specs they have "dynamic music watts". Which is to say, "We don't want you to know just how little power you're ACTUALLY going to get out of these amps."

You spent the money for a T1, you should spend enough on an amp so you at least know how much power you'll get out of it.

New Post 09-13-2006 10:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alpine247

the one im getting is the 1600.1 that saids it put out 700rms at 1ohm..on another site,but im sure it wont put out a true 700rms

New Post 09-14-2006 11:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for alpine247 Click here to Send alpine247 a Private Message Find more posts by alpine247 Add alpine247 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

700 sounds believable.

New Post 09-14-2006 05:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alpine247

i never heard anything bad about crunch..why do they suck?

New Post 09-15-2006 04:07 PM
N2Audio

if for no other reason -- ~$200 for 700w is not a great buy at all for a lower end sub amp.

For not much more you can pick up a bxi1206d and get 300-400w more.

New Post 09-15-2006 04:44 PM
alpine247

i can get that crunch amp for 130 shipped..which i think is a good deal..but i will keep looking though

New Post 09-15-2006 04:48 PM
alpine247

i only have 175 to spend on a amp..any help on a amp that 600rms or more at 1ohm thanks

New Post 09-16-2006 12:34 PM
N2Audio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-15-2006 by alpine247
i can get that crunch amp for 130 shipped..which i think is a good deal..but i will keep looking though

you'll catch a lot of crap from people just because crunch is less than an "in" brand, but I wouldn't doubt that it will do what you're wanting it to do, and $130 sounds like a pretty good price for that amount of power unless you're open to refurbished/used amps.

New Post 09-17-2006 01:23 AM
RPMSOUNDS

Crunch uses alot of the same parts from Hifonics. The Crunch Ground Pownder Line is about the same thing as the Brutus line amps but less money due to the name.... this is from Maxxsonics tecs as well as them saying the Ground Pounder subs are the brutus subs all the way down to the color they illum and the same inside and out but lot less money. Hell we pulled out all the Lanzar Max 828 amps we used as voice amps and tossed in the cheep old school red chrunch amp that lights up red in their max place and had no power drop as far as wattage output and used a smaller sized amp making easyer to install. Hell you can find that amp online for under 100 bucks shipped. Way better then Power Acoustic and cheaper in price. Hell for 225 you can get a Lanzar Opti 2x300d amp and that is a true digital 2ch amp that will do 600rms to a single 4 ohm load all day and maybe more. I picked up alot since they are small as hell super eff. They retail around 500 each and I can get them out for 225+ shipping

New Post 09-17-2006 03:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-17-2006 by PowerAcoustikman
^^If they were the same man, they would be the same price. Sorry but the Brutus line is much better..

generally the 1600.1 is about $40 more than the 606d, OP just has a chance to get one cheap.

By your logic, PA, the Crunch must be the better amp (??)

New Post 09-18-2006 05:11 PM
alpine247

so go with the crunch

New Post 09-18-2006 05:16 PM
TXhustla

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-17-2006 by PowerAcoustikman
^^If they were the same man, they would be the same price. Sorry but the Brutus line is much better..

What about CRUNCH PZI1500.1, 1000.1 and GP1600.1?

New Post 09-18-2006 06:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TXhustla Click here to Send TXhustla a Private Message Find more posts by TXhustla Add TXhustla to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alpine247

im getting the ground pounder 1600.1 amp

New Post 09-18-2006 07:04 PM
TXhustla

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-18-2006 by alpine247
im getting the ground pounder 1600.1 amp

When you get it please post your opinion.......

New Post 09-18-2006 07:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TXhustla Click here to Send TXhustla a Private Message Find more posts by TXhustla Add TXhustla to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting