Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Video & Multimedia > Which in-dash to buy? Please help...
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DinaW

Which in-dash to buy? Please help...

Hi guys. I just bought a 06 Altima and am looking to have an in-dash monitor installed. Music and movies are important to me, not so much navigation. I'm a total newb when it comes to this stuff (and a girl),so I would appreciate your help. It is also important to get a unit that will be fairly easy to bypass for movies if I can find someone willing to do it. I have been looking at the following: Pioneer AVH P6800 Kenwood DDX6019 Alpine IVA-W200 Your opinions, suggestions, tips and advice would be appreciated!!:)

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-17-2006 10:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DinaW Click here to Send DinaW a Private Message Find more posts by DinaW Add DinaW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
burbaust99

I kno that some people will laugh when i say this, but the newer Jensen flip out units are quite impressive for the price (around $800 from a store, considerably less online). A very nice clear screen (I rate it better than the eclipse flip out as far as clarity goes), easy to use, decent features. SQ from it isnt nearly on par with the alpines or pioneers or eclipses though, with the right external pieces it could be a great unit to start a real nice system with though.

New Post 09-17-2006 10:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for burbaust99 Click here to Send burbaust99 a Private Message Find more posts by burbaust99 Add burbaust99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DinaW

Screen and sound quality both important. Don't need a ton of features. Any of the ones I mentioned any good? In your opinion, which one should I go for? Thanks for the replies

New Post 09-18-2006 07:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DinaW Click here to Send DinaW a Private Message Find more posts by DinaW Add DinaW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tewildrick

I like this unit:

That's the Clarion VRX765VD. That sites got it for under $700. Clarion is a good brand. Not sure, are you looking specifically for a double din unit (like the pioneer or the kenwood)? If so, you've got no problems with either deck.

New Post 09-18-2006 10:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tewildrick Click here to Send tewildrick a Private Message Find more posts by tewildrick Add tewildrick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DinaW

Yes, a double din. Thanks for the reply. Any idea if any of the units I mentioned are easier to bypass than others or is it all pretty much the same?

New Post 09-18-2006 10:36 AM
tewildrick

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-18-2006 by DinaW
Yes, a double din. Thanks for the reply. Any idea if any of the units I mentioned are easier to bypass than others or is it all pretty much the same?

By-passing them should be the same. There's a wire on the harness that'll be marked to attach to a parking brake switch. That's what "forces" you to have the parking brake on to use it...Although you "could" hook it up to your ground wire and by-pass it. But that'd be illegal! ;)

New Post 09-18-2006 11:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tewildrick Click here to Send tewildrick a Private Message Find more posts by tewildrick Add tewildrick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DinaW

Gotcha;) Thanks sweetie!

New Post 09-18-2006 11:35 AM
chiefaudiophile

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-18-2006 by tewildrick
By-passing them should be the same. There's a wire on the harness that'll be marked to attach to a parking brake switch. That's what "forces" you to have the parking brake on to use it...Although you "could" hook it up to your ground wire and by-pass it. But that'd be illegal! ;)

The alpine units are a bit more complex and require a bypass mod. I got mine for about $30.00 from ebay, it's called the TR7 by PAC. Just be sure to use a toggle so you can demonstrate the nonfunctionality to the popo's if they start buggin. And I have to hand it to Jensen as well. They are actualy part of Audiovox and their screens are made by Sharp so yeah they look great.

New Post 09-18-2006 12:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chiefaudiophile Click here to Send chiefaudiophile a Private Message Find more posts by chiefaudiophile Add chiefaudiophile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DinaW

Thnx for the advice;)....if you don't mind me asking what's your opinion on the Kenwood and Pioneer?

New Post 09-18-2006 01:24 PM
chiefaudiophile

RE:

quote:
Thnx for the advice;)....if you don't mind me asking what's your opinion on the Kenwood and Pioneer?

You can't mess with the changer capability of the pioneer but if you have the chance take a look at picture quality before you buy. The kenwood looks great and I love the direct menu function but they have left the DVD changer out of their lineup this year. Of the two I would go with Kenwood if for nothing else screen quality.

New Post 09-18-2006 01:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chiefaudiophile Click here to Send chiefaudiophile a Private Message Find more posts by chiefaudiophile Add chiefaudiophile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DinaW

Thnx so much, I really appreciate it. It sounds like maybe the Kenwood would be my best bet of the 3? Would another model Kenwood be better? Sorry for all the ??? but I don't have alot of knowledge with this stuff :( You are a sweetheart for taking the time to answer me.

New Post 09-18-2006 01:54 PM
chiefaudiophile

RE:

quote:
Thnx so much, I really appreciate it. It sounds like maybe the Kenwood would be my best bet of the 3? Would another model Kenwood be better? Sorry for all the ??? but I don't have alot of knowledge with this stuff :( You are a sweetheart for taking the time to answer me.

personaly I am a bigger fan of alpine but that Kenwood model is not only their double din best suited to your needs, it is, I would say, their best model all arround.

New Post 09-18-2006 02:07 PM
DinaW

I kinda like Alpine too...so I guess it's a toss up between that and the Kenwood. I just hope I will be able to find someone who knows what they are doing with the bypass and will agree to do it. Thanks again so much for all your advice!!!!!;)

New Post 09-18-2006 02:55 PM
chiefaudiophile

RE:

quote:
I kinda like Alpine too...so I guess it's a toss up between that and the Kenwood. I just hope I will be able to find someone who knows what they are doing with the bypass and will agree to do it. Thanks again so much for all your advice!!!!!;)

The mods are not dificult, 3 on a scale to ten. Who is doing the install?

New Post 09-18-2006 09:14 PM
DinaW

Not quite sure yet. There is a place nearby that is well known for their quality work called Frontline Auto Salon, I may see if they can do it. Don't know if you saw my new question but I sure would appreciate it if you could answer it since you are so knowledgable about this stuff. - pretty much I just wanna know if I need to upgrade my speakers with the Alpine unit (ir any one for that matter). Thanx for your patience with me, I'm slowly learning;)

New Post 09-18-2006 10:04 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting