Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Zed Audio Good or Bad?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rjbbrew

Zed Audio Good or Bad?

Any one out there have any experience with some of the new Zed Audio amps? I'd like to know your opinion on Zed.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-19-2006 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rjbbrew Click here to Send rjbbrew a Private Message Find more posts by rjbbrew Add rjbbrew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

somewhere between really nice, and elite...IMO

New Post 09-20-2006 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tcdogg

X2 on N2's comments. Check out my profile you will see his amp in my van. i will be turning in my van pretty soon as it is a lease, and plan on putting the system in my wifes car and in my new vehicle using all ZED amps. They are built amazing sound amazing i cant say enough about them. And if it wasnt enough that the amps are incrediible Stephen Mantz (the owner) is aweosme to deal with. he answered all my questions without hesitation and i had many, i had an old school Hifonics and was looking for one when i found out about ZED, so i called him about 7 times with various questions. Top shelf product and amazing cutonmer service. You will not be dissapointed. Besides that you will have a product made by an amplifier god and have something not every one and his dog has. Just my two cents.

New Post 09-20-2006 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tcdogg Click here to Send tcdogg a Private Message Find more posts by tcdogg Add tcdogg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE: Zed Audio Good or Bad?

quote:
Originally posted on 09-19-2006 by rjbbrew
Any one out there have any experience with some of the new Zed Audio amps? I'd like to know your opinion on Zed.

good designer and like the godfather of amps. I have seen great work with his design and I have seen the Zed Audio line when it first came out have a recall on a bunch of amps due to them blowing up if you ran them at 1ohm mono even though thats what they where designed for. I have not seen his new stuff since when I was looking at amps he didn't make anything big enough.... not even sure if he dose now. I would still say even with the small set back at the start I would give him a chance if he makes an amp that gives you the power you need.

New Post 09-20-2006 03:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rjbbrew

I agree with all of you. I own a pair of his Miniliths. His build quality is excellent, some of the best I have seen. Not the greatest looking amp out there since the push for "bling" on your equipment, but a great Amp. Having the low and high pass filters with a 24db slope is great. I can adust everything I need without damaging my subs. Also the one band Parametric EQ with adjustable boost/cut is the bomb. Finally the remote on the amp is one of my favorite toys. Unlike most other "remote Bass knobs", this one is actually an Att. I can set my amp without worrying about clipping and overheating. Going from CD/radio to Satellite can really mess with the bass. This knobs works wonders. Smart move there Zed. I think Zed IS making a bigger amp (the Kronus) for you big hitters although 2 mini's stacked will give you 1200rms (not bad for the price). Not sure what the Kronus puts out.

New Post 09-20-2006 11:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rjbbrew Click here to Send rjbbrew a Private Message Find more posts by rjbbrew Add rjbbrew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-20-2006 by rjbbrew
I agree with all of you. I own a pair of his Miniliths. His build quality is excellent, some of the best I have seen. Not the greatest looking amp out there since the push for "bling" on your equipment, but a great Amp. Having the low and high pass filters with a 24db slope is great. I can adust everything I need without damaging my subs. Also the one band Parametric EQ with adjustable boost/cut is the bomb. Finally the remote on the amp is one of my favorite toys. Unlike most other "remote Bass knobs", this one is actually an Att. I can set my amp without worrying about clipping and overheating. Going from CD/radio to Satellite can really mess with the bass. This knobs works wonders. Smart move there Zed. I think Zed IS making a bigger amp (the Kronus) for you big hitters although 2 mini's stacked will give you 1200rms (not bad for the price). Not sure what the Kronus puts out.

kewl to hear things got better. I need someone who makes big boy amps 4000rms and up. I am using the Z1 amps by DD to get the power I need. I might have someone picking my 4 up due to him not wanting to wait and I have been so happy that I will order them again unless something else can do the job better for less. Not looking to stack any amps since I don't have the room to give up for more amps.

New Post 09-20-2006 12:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting