Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > $2500 budget opinions plz
Go Back Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bignasy1

$2500 budget opinions plz

Ive got an 06 silverado reg cab. Im going to replace all the stock speakers and add a sub where the middle seat was(i took it out). Im just not sure of what brand to go with. Im looking loudness and sq and some killer bass. i already have pioneer head unit with rca jacks for the amps.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-23-2006 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bignasy1 Click here to Send bignasy1 a Private Message Find more posts by bignasy1 Add bignasy1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CarAudioFreak

RE: $2500 budget opinions plz

quote:
Originally posted on 09-23-2006 by bignasy1
Ive got an 06 silverado reg cab. Im going to replace all the stock speakers and add a sub where the middle seat was(i took it out). Im just not sure of what brand to go with. Im looking loudness and sq and some killer bass. i already have pioneer head unit with rca jacks for the amps.

1 10" or 12" JL W7 will suit you fine with that budget. Big Bass and perfect SQ. If you can fit a 13" in there, even better with a JL 1000/1 amp to match it.

New Post 09-23-2006 04:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CarAudioFreak Click here to Send CarAudioFreak a Private Message Find more posts by CarAudioFreak Add CarAudioFreak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bignasy1

thanks

New Post 09-23-2006 01:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bignasy1 Click here to Send bignasy1 a Private Message Find more posts by bignasy1 Add bignasy1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bignasy1

i like the 13w7 and could make it fit. 1000/1 amp sounds good i dont want to blow the sub. Which model should i use. Im shopping and i see some jl 1000/1 from $350 to $700 on the same web site. which would be best? a series 1200?

New Post 09-23-2006 01:44 PM
CarAudioFreak

RE:

quote:
i like the 13w7 and could make it fit. 1000/1 amp sounds good i dont want to blow the sub. Which model should i use. Im shopping and i see some jl 1000/1 from $350 to $700 on the same web site. which would be best? a series 1200?

There is only 1 JL 1000/1 and is a perfect match for the 13w7 as the power rating is 1000 watts RMS which is just what the 13w7 is rated at. People usually buy the 13w7 with the JL 1000/1 amp because they are such a perfect match and that combo absulutely slams with superb sound quality. Im kinda jealous...haha.

New Post 09-23-2006 02:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CarAudioFreak Click here to Send CarAudioFreak a Private Message Find more posts by CarAudioFreak Add CarAudioFreak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bignasy1

thanks again , must be the slash series

New Post 09-23-2006 02:36 PM
CarAudioFreak

For $2500, you can go for alot more power but I think you will be scaraficing SQ if you put a Kicker Solo X in there over the JL. Plus anything over 1000 watts and your looking to get into more car batteries, and a High Output alternator. Do you plan on building a sealed or ported box in there and how much space is there to build an enclosure as in cubic ft.?

PS Your looking for the Slash Series 1000/1 amp.

New Post 09-23-2006 02:43 PM
bignasy1

i think ported i hear theyre sound better but require more room. the largest box i could fit would be 14 inches wide by 21inches tall by 32 inches deep. srry i couldnt figure how to convert that to cubic feet i kept coming up wit 67 cubic feet which dosent sound right. thank for the interst

New Post 09-23-2006 03:21 PM
CarAudioFreak

RE:

quote:
i think ported i hear theyre sound better but require more room. the largest box i could fit would be 14 inches wide by 21inches tall by 32 inches deep. srry i couldnt figure how to convert that to cubic feet i kept coming up wit 67 cubic feet which dosent sound right. thank for the interst

Thats 5.4 Cuft. You dont need that much and I would definetally go ported. Build the box to exact JL audio specs for that sub ported and it will sound absulutely amazing. Cant wait till you write back and tell me "Oh my God! This system pounds". Here is a link for an exact built to spec box

http://cgi.ebay.com/PORTED-MDF-SUB-ENCLOSURE-BOX-for-JL-AUDIO-13W7-13-W7_W0QQitemZ170030720961QQihZ007QQcategoryZ50568QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

New Post 09-23-2006 06:10 PM
eljobber

damn you got bank

New Post 09-23-2006 08:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for eljobber Click here to Send eljobber a Private Message Find more posts by eljobber Add eljobber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yoda06

Because it's not the trend to think. My CVR sounded fine. Every tone, be it bass drum, electronic, bass guitar, cellos...whatever. Now, I know the solo-x is worlds above and beyond the CVR. Build, engineering, research, materials. One would have to be a jackass to think it can't sound good, really good.

New Post 09-23-2006 09:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yoda06 Click here to Send yoda06 a Private Message Find more posts by yoda06 Add yoda06 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bignasy1

definatlly let you kno how it sounds. I wont be doing any installing til winter though. jus doin some reaserch right now. might start running sound proofing, second skin or i want to check out the ice guard stuff i keep hearin about thanks again bro

New Post 09-24-2006 12:20 AM
CarAudioFreak

I never said Kicker Solo's don't have SQ, in fact I know they have won competitions for SQ. The problem is that it is all how how you install them, what amp you use and enclosure you put them in. Buying a 13w7, a JL 1000/1, and a ported enclosure built to JL specs takes the guess work out of it all. You know that setup will have the best SQ instead of trying to re-tune a box and trying different amps when you buy the Solo's. People win SQ comps all the time with this JL setup mentioned and is no way it won't sound good.

New Post 09-24-2006 02:02 AM
RPMSOUNDS

RE: $2500 budget opinions plz

quote:

You want sick loud bass and very clean and fast reaction time out of a sub to give you that sharpe double bass as well as able to play 20hz. Stop playing and toss a 9510 or 9512 in there any true 3000watt rms + amp you pick. I myself would use a Z1 since its super clean and very eff on power. That will play louder then a 12w7 or any other sub of its size as well as cleaner all in the same box. Tune it aroud 37-42hz for everyday music with both sq and spl.

New Post 09-24-2006 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bignasy1

i have a single cab truck and the sub will be replacing the middle seat. so i will litteraly be sitting inches from the sub on a daily basis, is there such a thing as too much bass. i dont want brain damage or anything, just and awsome sq sub,

New Post 09-24-2006 03:39 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting