Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > Car victim of flash flood, Please help
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
loumill

Car victim of flash flood, Please help

So last night, My wife, friend and I get swept away in my car, engine stalled and we are stuck on one of the busiest streets in Louisville, along with about 30 other people.

We end up pulling the car out of about 18 inches of water and pushing it home. I got up this morning and checked the oil, it looks to be fine and there is no water in the intake box, but it still will not start.

any ideas....Thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-23-2006 09:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for loumill Click here to Send loumill a Private Message Find more posts by loumill Add loumill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

Hair dryer will help dry sensors. A leaf blower works good too. Check to make sure spark plugs do not have water in them, (take one out) they will not spark wet. Good luck, send that rain this way.

New Post 09-23-2006 09:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
highwaymanace

If it the Dimante.. check your manual it should show you the computer fault test instructions, as they have a protection mode which triggers from these sort of problems even if the car was not in use at the time... this should get it to run in limp home mode so you can take it to a service centre to plug it in and it will tell you the fault.. hope this was helpful..

New Post 09-23-2006 10:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for highwaymanace Click here to Send highwaymanace a Private Message Find more posts by highwaymanace Add highwaymanace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jowens500

Man, as much as this pains me, I would bet their is some major damage done. I looked at your cold air setup and i could not see a "water trap" in the piping. And I KNOW the air intake under the car is less than 18" If the cars was running(stupid question if you are driving) that intake sucked MASS amounts of water into the engine. Water in combustion chamber = broken engine. A guy we built a system for at the shop had that exact same thing happen to him on his Honda......J Here is a link that might be of intrest to you. http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-30345.html Some say it will, some say it wont, I have seen it happen. So good luck!!

New Post 09-23-2006 07:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jowens500 Click here to Send jowens500 a Private Message Find more posts by jowens500 Add jowens500 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loumill

Everything will be covered by my iNSURANCE cO. I just have to wait for the adjuster to come out. It is still raining so no chance to see if it will dry out. Thank god my deductible is only $250...

New Post 09-23-2006 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for loumill Click here to Send loumill a Private Message Find more posts by loumill Add loumill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loumill

update Monday 9:30pm

So it finally started, after trying it yesterday and it backfired and part of the exhaust exploded, I let it sit until this evening. It seemed like it was trying a couple hours ago and when I went back out, it started.

My insurance adjuster is going to be out in the morning to look at it and write me a check for the repairs. I want to have some ammo so nothing is overlooked. The water pushed the car up against a curb and scratched up my rims, so I know that is getting taken care of. The exhaust, a shampooing and a major tune up, anything else I should think of and mention please let me know.

THANKS

New Post 09-25-2006 09:38 PM
mrwigglezdj

RE: update Monday 9:30pm

quote:
Originally posted on 09-25-2006 by loumill
So it finally started, after trying it yesterday and it backfired and part of the exhaust exploded, I let it sit until this evening. It seemed like it was trying a couple hours ago and when I went back out, it started.

My insurance adjuster is going to be out in the morning to look at it and write me a check for the repairs. I want to have some ammo so nothing is overlooked. The water pushed the car up against a curb and scratched up my rims, so I know that is getting taken care of. The exhaust, a shampooing and a major tune up, anything else I should think of and mention please let me know.

THANKS

go a little deeper than a shampooing, mold sets in fast in cars and mold is dangerious to you and your passenger, so a mold treatment and what about your doors are they fiber board and get wet, speakers in the doors, pods in the kicks, and if youre good enough talker inform them of the hard starting , and problems there and state you want the car looked at by a ase cert pro. and make sure its not going to crap out on you in a day. week or month , just cause it starts now dont mean it will start when the oxidiseing beggins and corrods all of the elec. componets in the car (alot are under the seats that are important for the car to run properly

New Post 09-26-2006 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrwigglezdj Click here to Send mrwigglezdj a Private Message Find more posts by mrwigglezdj Add mrwigglezdj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
NRred2, from New York, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kyat316, from Austin, TX. KickerBoy, from London Ontario, AL. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. pksimon28, from Plainfield, IL. jrdrywater, from pryor, OK. Dal1as, from , MD. djbeats, from Jacksonville, FL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. larcos, from El Paso, TX. Mauro, from Erechim, AL. geob1kenobi, from Joshua, TX. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. goldblum, from Yonkers, NY. lessismorespl, from da' Nasty, MI. OnYrMrk, from Oklahoma City, OK.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting