Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > the better sub
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
01stroud

the better sub

which one would be the better all around sub, more for bump tho. jl audios--15w3v2 or mtx 15 7500 and also out of JL Audio 12W6V2 or mtx 12 7500

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-30-2006 05:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 01stroud Click here to Send 01stroud a Private Message Find more posts by 01stroud Add 01stroud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01stroud

i ment the mtx 12 8500 vs 12 jlw6v2

New Post 09-30-2006 05:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 01stroud Click here to Send 01stroud a Private Message Find more posts by 01stroud Add 01stroud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhino

xxx

loks like the the jl 15w3v2 beats out the 7500 because it 1000 watts peak says the product guid i have and the spl are about the same i check in to the jl a little more just to see it truely is 1000 peak also it looks like the 8500 beats the 12w6v2because it only 800 peake compared to 1000 put out by the 8500whith those two have the same spl rating basicly any ways this is what the speks say to me got to rember i don't owen these subs so it speks good luck rhino......

New Post 09-30-2006 09:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhino Click here to Send Rhino a Private Message Find more posts by Rhino Add Rhino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squeak9798

RE: xxx

quote:
Originally posted on 09-30-2006 by Rhino
loks like the the jl 15w3v2 beats out the 7500 because it 1000 watts peak says the product guid i have and the spl are about the same i check in to the jl a little more just to see it truely is 1000 peak also it looks like the 8500 beats the 12w6v2because it only 800 peake compared to 1000 put out by the 8500whith those two have the same spl rating basicly any ways this is what the speks say to me got to rember i don't owen these subs so it speks good luck rhino......

LMFAO....oh god.

You CAN NOT determine which is the "better" sub by comparing them solely based on peak power handling (which is completely meaningless) and sensitivity (which when considered by itself is relatively meaningless, not to mention that it will vary based on measurement method, so you might be comparing apples to oranges...and I'm sure you have no idea how to tell).

New Post 10-01-2006 10:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for squeak9798 Click here to Send squeak9798 a Private Message Find more posts by squeak9798 Add squeak9798 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squeak9798

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-30-2006 by 01stroud
i ment the mtx 12 8500 vs 12 jlw6v2

Between those two, I personally would go with the 12w6v2. One of the best sounding subs I've heard. The MTX has the potential for a little more output going by the stated Xmax and Sd on the website, though not enough to really cause any drastic differences in output. But the MTX's higher Qts is a limiting factor for a lot of things. You would about need to run it IB to get a reasonable Qtc, and I wouldn't put it in a ported enclosure due to it's high Qtc and low EBP.

New Post 10-01-2006 10:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for squeak9798 Click here to Send squeak9798 a Private Message Find more posts by squeak9798 Add squeak9798 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhino

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-01-2006 by squeak9798
Between those two, I personally would go with the 12w6v2. One of the best sounding subs I've heard. The MTX has the potential for a little more output going by the stated Xmax and Sd on the website, though not enough to really cause any drastic differences in output. But the MTX's higher Qts is a limiting factor for a lot of things. You would about need to run it IB to get a reasonable Qtc, and I wouldn't put it in a ported enclosure due to it's high Qtc and low EBP.

is this sub for spl or sq never was stated squeaky funny thing is your wrong hear to you can not pick by mechinal specks you have to listen to it to see what your getting. truthfuly grow up squeaky quit trying to stalk me i am not gay like you. good day rhino................

New Post 10-01-2006 07:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhino Click here to Send Rhino a Private Message Find more posts by Rhino Add Rhino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squeak9798

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-01-2006 by Rhino
is this sub for spl or sq never was stated squeaky funny thing is your wrong hear to you can not pick by mechinal specks you have to listen to it to see what your getting. truthfuly grow up squeaky quit trying to stalk me i am not gay like you. good day rhino................

LOL...if you actually understood the specifications of the subwoofer, you would understand what you can and can not predict from them. My personal preference for the sound of the W6v2 aside (which I did mention)....nothing I stated is inconsistent with what can be predicted from the T/S parameters (that's what they are there for)...ofcourse, you don't know enough about them to comprehend this.

Though it's funny to hear "you can not pick by mechinal specks you have to listen to it to see what your getting" from the same guy who was trying to make inferences from the fucking peak power handling and sensitivity...LMFAO (god I wish this forum had smileys). So, sorry Rhino, you have once again proven your idiocy. Please go play in traffic or something.

If you don't want me to point out how big of an imbecile you are, refrain from making idiotic statements.

Also, don't attempt to flatter yourself by thinking I was "stalking" you. I happened to click the thread to see if I could be of assistance...and unfortunately ran across your moronic post.

PS: Do us all a favor, before you make a post, search HERE and see if the letters you typed even form a word or sentence that is part of the English language. Seriously, it's like having a conversation with a 3rd grader.

New Post 10-01-2006 10:45 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting