Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > Far Cry for PC, and video problems.
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yoda06

Far Cry for PC, and video problems.

I have had Far Cry for quite some time, running it on my older computer, my inbetween build, and now my current machine. Everytime, the game detects low settings, and runs like complete shit when turned up. My videocard came out a good two years after the game's release. A Geforce 6800GS. The game sponsors Nvidia. I don't think it's the card, as I can run every other game of mine maxed*save for HD features, and a little bit of lighting/shadows*. I know damn well this card can run that game. It runs HL2, BF2, Doom3, Dawn of War, UT2k4...all extremely well when cranked. FarCry? Dropped frames, missing textures, and even some artifacting. It's frustrating as hell because I do not have disposable income, and only buy parts after a few months of saving and research. Reviews claimed this card could run it, but it's not. Do I need patches? My drivers are updated, there are no pci-e options in my BIOS to bottleneck, nothing. Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 10-09-2006 07:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yoda06 Click here to Send yoda06 a Private Message Find more posts by yoda06 Add yoda06 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAPSniper

RE: Far Cry for PC, and video problems.

quote:
Originally posted on 10-09-2006 by yoda06
I have had Far Cry for quite some time, running it on my older computer, my inbetween build, and now my current machine. Everytime, the game detects low settings, and runs like complete shit when turned up. My videocard came out a good two years after the game's release. A Geforce 6800GS. The game sponsors Nvidia. I don't think it's the card, as I can run every other game of mine maxed*save for HD features, and a little bit of lighting/shadows*. I know damn well this card can run that game. It runs HL2, BF2, Doom3, Dawn of War, UT2k4...all extremely well when cranked. FarCry? Dropped frames, missing textures, and even some artifacting. It's frustrating as hell because I do not have disposable income, and only buy parts after a few months of saving and research. Reviews claimed this card could run it, but it's not. Do I need patches? My drivers are updated, there are no pci-e options in my BIOS to bottleneck, nothing. Thanks.

far cry is one of those games plagued by problems. it wasnt that good anyways in my opinion.

New Post 10-09-2006 07:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAPSniper Click here to Send TAPSniper a Private Message Find more posts by TAPSniper Add TAPSniper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yoda06

It really isn't, but it's nice to do some over-the-top movie shit to take a break from the heavy story of HL2.

New Post 10-09-2006 08:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yoda06 Click here to Send yoda06 a Private Message Find more posts by yoda06 Add yoda06 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

Yep, me and my friends play games and far cry is just one of those games even though i have a pretty good comp

amd 3200+ 64bit
ATI 800XL
1 gig of ram
and lots of other goodies

but still i don't think my computer runs far cry all that well, while i can run HL2 on full with 80fps as my low. lol and on BF2 everything on high lol but fry cry i always have had problems with.

ohh and btw CSS is way better than hl2

New Post 10-09-2006 09:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yoda06

My rig.... AMD Opteron144.Nvidia 6800GS, MSI K8N, 1 gig corsair XMS. My newest goodie. Half a terabyte in Raid0 SATA, 16MB cache. Load times? STAY AWAY FROM MSI FOR GAMING. so fucking picky, and not as stable as ASUS. Gonna upgrade my board. It was free, so no loss. Not looking forward to setting raid up. Anybody know if RAID is transferrable?

New Post 10-09-2006 11:26 PM
9oh7

lol ever had a problem with my asus i love it, although it is or at least was one of the best boards they made, the dual SLI delux board. sry the comp is in Alaska or else i would know lol.

New Post 10-10-2006 02:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yoda06

Actually the board I'm looking at. Newegg sale for 105. I really liked the ASUS board I used to build my buddy's rig. Really stable. I don't know why I went away from ASUS on my other friend's build. MSI isn't bad, but it doesn't seem really geared for gaming.

New Post 10-10-2006 02:40 PM
9oh7

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131517

this is the board i got i love it does everything and then some. just not enough pci slots and it is pci-e so make sure your card is pci-e or you will have trouble.

New Post 10-10-2006 02:51 PM
yoda06

already bought.

New Post 10-10-2006 03:51 PM
9oh7

good choice. i love mine.

New Post 10-10-2006 03:56 PM
yoda06

Three is more than enough for me. I only run sound and network cards. 6800GS pci-e, 256MB 256Bit GDDR3. Quite a performing videocard for only 200.

New Post 10-10-2006 11:00 PM
9oh7

that is about the price of my x800xl, i love that thing. but you wont need a network or sound car with this mobo, it is a great thing, everything is build it. and i love it. you will just throw those cars out of all you are using is some 100 creative. the mobo sounds as good if not better than mine did.

New Post 10-10-2006 11:23 PM
yoda06

Meh, I prefer soundcards over onboard. AudigyZS. Does the A8N offer full OCing capabilities, or just some shit pre-sets? All frequency controls, multiplier, voltage, etc? I assume it's a shit ton more stable than my K8N MSI OCing, but I want to know the flexibility.

New Post 10-10-2006 11:49 PM
9oh7

it has been very flexable to me, lots of setting and monitors to make sure nothing frys

New Post 10-11-2006 12:06 AM
yoda06

Badass. I really hope I get it Friday.

New Post 10-11-2006 12:14 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting