Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Video & Multimedia > Screens
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
raoulduke

Screens

I don't know much about screens or multi media besides the basics such as, headunits, speakers, subs, amps, etc. I want to find like a 5-7 inch screen that I can mount somewhere in the front of my 96' Jetta. I want it to be able to be powered by the battery, not the cig lighter. I would also like to keep it under 200 dollars. So nothing too crazy, just something basic. Any suggestions?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 10-09-2006 10:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for raoulduke Click here to Send raoulduke a Private Message Find more posts by raoulduke Add raoulduke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chiefaudiophile

I can get you a TRC7" for 200.00 shipped. They are great screens. I have two Audiovox 5.6" and a DVD player in my wifes car, I got them on eBay for 85.00! So that is also a good place to look.

New Post 10-10-2006 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chiefaudiophile Click here to Send chiefaudiophile a Private Message Find more posts by chiefaudiophile Add chiefaudiophile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Puppeterr

Dash mounts catch thiefs eyes because they are real easy just to pull off your dash?

New Post 10-10-2006 01:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Puppeterr Click here to Send Puppeterr a Private Message Find more posts by Puppeterr Add Puppeterr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chiefaudiophile

HUH?

New Post 10-10-2006 01:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chiefaudiophile Click here to Send chiefaudiophile a Private Message Find more posts by chiefaudiophile Add chiefaudiophile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Puppeterr

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-10-2006 by chiefaudiophile
HUH?

you know those little shitty screens that people buy with the adhesive pad and just take the linear of and mount them to the dash :-) Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

New Post 10-10-2006 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Puppeterr Click here to Send Puppeterr a Private Message Find more posts by Puppeterr Add Puppeterr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chiefaudiophile

I used one of those once. I modified it for use with a nav unit.

New Post 10-10-2006 01:53 AM
Puppeterr

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-10-2006 by chiefaudiophile
I used one of those once. I modified it for use with a nav unit.

awhile ago i had a Pyle one but was stolen along with my Play Station2

New Post 10-10-2006 01:55 AM
chiefaudiophile

Those just arent allowed in my bay.

New Post 10-10-2006 02:31 AM
Puppeterr

i had mine around 4 yrs ago, now its all about the 17" Flip downs :-)

New Post 10-10-2006 02:41 AM
neosan

if u're decent at wiring, i find the size i want, no matter whether it's headrest or flipdown, then remove the actual screen and board, if it's got excess trim, and fab it into the dash. then let the little bitches try to rip it off

New Post 11-10-2006 07:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for neosan Click here to Send neosan a Private Message Find more posts by neosan Add neosan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting